The Original MrF...
post Aug 11 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2013, 03:06 PM) *
i'd bet the house on a thurman ko.

Yup. I'd be shocked if it went 6 rounds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 11 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 11 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Yall really wanna see Berto eating out a straw don't ya?

You called Wilder technically sound in the other thread, you sound like you've been eating out of a straw lol...there's winnable fights out there for berto but damn, his footwork is for shit, he throws and falls in, leaving his self susceptible to those uppercuts. I think Virgil is a good fit for him he has to absorb the knowledge and work on some technical flaws he has

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 14 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #43

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 11 2013, 06:23 PM) *
You called Wilder technically sound in the other thread, you sound like you've been eating out of a straw lol...there's winnable fights out there for berto but damn, his footwork is for shit, he throws and falls in, leaving his self susceptible to those uppercuts. I think Virgil is a good fit for him he has to absorb the knowledge and work on some technical flaws he has

I don't think we are even talking about the same fighters. Or perhaps you need to brush up on some YouTube..

Sure there are some winnable fights out there. I just don't see Therman as one of them. Berto should be at the pinnacle of his career, but instead he's war torn. Therman is imo gonna be the underdog that gives everyone he gets in there with hell. He's hungry,.. Berto is merely surviving.

Granted, I give him credit for trying to reinvent himself, but the bottom line is he can't handle what he dishes out. He got big heart, when shit gets thick he bangs, but Thts not his fight...

I believe Berto has one of the best uppercuts I've seen,.. since he "falls in", can you see him absorbing his own uppercut? Point is, Virgil or no Virgil, he will go out of his element and get busted up.

Now him and Broaner... Thts a fight we can talk about.

Therman is just the wrong fit for a fighter on the comeback

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 14 2013, 12:38 AM) *
I don't think we are even talking about the same fighters. Or perhaps you need to brush up on some YouTube..

Sure there are some winnable fights out there. I just don't see Therman as one of them. Berto should be at the pinnacle of his career, but instead he's war torn. Therman is imo gonna be the underdog that gives everyone he gets in there with hell. He's hungry,.. Berto is merely surviving.

Granted, I give him credit for trying to reinvent himself, but the bottom line is he can't handle what he dishes out. He got big heart, when shit gets thick he bangs, but Thts not his fight...

I believe Berto has one of the best uppercuts I've seen,.. since he "falls in", can you see him absorbing his own uppercut? Point is, Virgil or no Virgil, he will go out of his element and get busted up.

Now him and Broaner... Thts a fight we can talk about.

Therman is just the wrong fit for a fighter on the comeback

If he can't handle Thurman I don't see how he can handle Broner...i'm good with the YouTube, I've seen enough to know what I'm talking about

Berto needs to retool, Hunter is a top notch trainer that can break him of his bad habits because he has a few and give him that cerebral point of view

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Aug 14 2013, 12:54 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:54 AM