MaxPayne
post Aug 10 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Jesus.

That dude can punch.

I know them stilt legs ain't shit and he thin den a muthaphucka, but he can GOT DAMN punch.

Moar Wilder fights please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 10 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 10 2013, 01:15 AM) *
Jesus.

That dude can punch.

I know them stilt legs ain't shit and he thin den a muthaphucka, but he can GOT DAMN punch.

Moar Wilder fights please.

Yup and he was more composed this time. His jab is pretty ill too.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 10 2013, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought he killed him.. wow.

Was this even a fair match up? I have no idea who his opponent is

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Aug 10 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Man o MAN ! I wasn't expecting the fight ending in the 1st. What a bomb !

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Aug 10 2013, 03:20 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Boxrec Top 25 Heavyweight Boxers

That's a list of Boxrec's top Heavyweights. There are a few fighters in particular who I'd like to see Deontay get in with.

Honestly, a fight against either Seth Mitchell or Chris Arreola doesn't interest me, because I think he would put either of those guys in a coma.

Brian Banks

Solid veteran boxer who understands technical concepts like distance, timing and balance. This is a guy who would work to try and take away Wilder's assets, which are power punches from range.

Tomasz Adamek

Just a very good all-round boxer. Great stamina, solid fundamentals and a good chin. Would be a real test. Little chance of this happening though, as Adamek is looking for money fights and probably would be wary of a big punching youngster.

Robert Helenius

Big guy with a monstrous chin and the type of fighter who can hold, hug and frustrate someone who is trying to work from range. Deontay would have to really work on the inside in this fight. Difficult fight to make because Helenius likely won't leave Europe.

Bryant Jennings

Ahh, the battle of the young American heavyweights. Jennings is seen as a guy with much better fundamentals than Wilder and a very solid defense. Intriguing fight, but one which handlers may want to hold off on.

Tony Thompson

Tony the Tiger is just one of those veteran guys who seems to have more left in the tank than we thought. He's probably looking for one last multi-million dollar payout for a beating at the hands of either Klitschko so I doubt the Wilder fight happens.

Steve Cunningham

Ahh, this one hurts. Steve is a really skilled guy who knows how to use that jab and has a very good defense. I'm personally a pretty big fan of the guy, so I would rather that he doesn't take a beating from Wilder.

Of these fights, it's difficult to say which ones are truly make-able. A lot depends upon Al Haymon and his ability to sell a deal to rival promotions or even his own fighters in some cases. We'll have to see.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 10 2013, 06:51 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

There are still too many questions left unanswered about Wilder, does he have a chin, stamina, what will he do when he has to face someone with skills who can capitalize on his mistakes/will he be able to adjust? There's no questions however about his power, no one should fault him for doing what he was supposed to do to Sergei, I'm hoping we can see him against the likes of a Arreola type (someone who won't shy away from his power) and someone who can push him backwards.

The jury is still out on him, against the list that MaxPayne posted would be some questions answered on Wilder....of course everyone wants to see him and Jennings go at it and people are still writing everyone else off in the division because these two (Wilder and Jennings) seemingly are the only fighters who matter but we will see eventually all of those unanswered questions answered as Deontay moves up and takes on more noteworthy competition.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 10 2013, 07:55 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Wilder is his name. Wilder is his game. He's still a very unproven talent. He's gonna have to step up his competition in order to make me a believer. I like the right hand, but what else has he got?? Frankly, I'm starting to think he may not be as good as some are advertising. There's a man named Amir Mansour, who'd take a Deontay Wilder fight yesterday. Mansour would instantly be 10x better than the best guy that Wilder has faced. It would lend some credibility to Wilder's game.

There is a video of Lennox Lewis and Wilder surfacing around the internet. Lewis is showing Wilder how to jab. When i saw that, I asked who the hell trains Wilder? It seemed like that was the very 1st time someone showed this kid a freaking jab. Thats a shame.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Aug 10 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #8

Featherweight

I like Amir Mansour a lot. I left his name off of the list because I'd like Amir to work his own path towards decent money fights. Facing a guy like Wilder will be a one-time payment for him of sub $100K, and if he takes a loss, he'll be back to the Friday Night Fights side of the paycheck game.

I want to see the guy get paid, so I'd rather that he keeps winning and also gets a crack at some of the names on the list above.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 10 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

The Winner of Arreola-Mitchell will be Wilder's recognition to the world. With all exception to maybe Jennings, I believe Wilder goes through every man on MaxPayne's list. A good test (at this point) would be the winner of Haye-Fury. Other than that, I boldly place him as a top 5 Heavyweight at this point. Though he's been greasing a lot of bums up to this point, I believe he is ready for anyone at HW, with the exception of the Klitchko's up until a year from now.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 10 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I'm just glad they didn't let his country ass talk after the fight.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:47 AM