Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrien Broner About Billions Season 2, ...yeah
Jovi
post Aug 14 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

The only thing i think Broner does good for boxing is make it alittle more mainstream, how he is always on worldstar or something. But to say he is the future of boxing is just too much to me. Boxing isn't a gladiators sport, not about 2 crazy guys fighting eachother. Its a sport for the purist of pugilism, there's a real art and sport behind boxing. Away from all the corruption that is in everything, boxing is a sport of integrity and respect. He has the talent to be good, but doesn't have the mindset to be great.

Broner will never be at the top of the sport for the simple reason is he doesn't have the respect for himself or the sport to put childish things behind him and stay dedicated to whats important. To me it seems like he's just using the get rich quick scheme with his boxing talent, but talent can only get you so far. Broner's faults will catch up to him sure enough and he will be an example of how NOT to act when at the biggest stage of his career, I'm black and he's just too much of a immature stereotypical puppet for me to look up to him, he seems really lost. He doesn't even take care of his real family, just random ass people around him. He needs to start reading books or something to humble himself and build character without looking like an idiot.

alittle example, after Broner had the below par performance against Paulie, he continued to talk shit and not give respect. Mayweather after all his fights always gives the opponent respect no matter what was said before the fight and what happened in the ring. If he acts like a Douche when he wins, i wonder how he will be when he loses. Broner just a step up from Berto but will fall soon.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Aug 14 2013, 02:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 14 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Kobe should've waited to get home to his wife, he put himself in that situation regardless. But a little foreplay never hurts lol. But she had semen from other men in her underwear, she's a certified slut bucket.

He has time but I don't see him stopping anytime soon. I think Malinaggi's activity is what got Broner, when he fights Maidana he'll look better because Maidana's style is different. Floyd makes people's stomach turn as well, for examples see his rants against Manny and Jeremy Lin, he and Broner are the same in those ways one is just older then the other

He was right about both men. Especially Lin.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 14 2013, 02:38 PM) *
He was right about both men. Especially Lin.

That was a derogatory and racist rant against Manny and I do not support what he said. He had some compelling points but he ruined it with his bravado. I'm glad he's taking a step back now. The same thing people are calling on Broner to do is the same thing they want floyd to do....humble yourself

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 14 2013, 02:34 PM) *
The only thing i think Broner does good for boxing is make it alittle more mainstream, how he is always on worldstar or something. But to say he is the future of boxing is just too much to me. Boxing isn't a gladiators sport, not about 2 crazy guys fighting eachother. Its a sport for the purist of pugilism, there's a real art and sport behind boxing. Away from all the corruption that is in everything, boxing is a sport of integrity and respect. He has the talent to be good, but doesn't have the mindset to be great.

Broner will never be at the top of the sport for the simple reason is he doesn't have the respect for himself or the sport to put childish things behind him and stay dedicated to whats important. To me it seems like he's just using the get rich quick scheme with his boxing talent, but talent can only get you so far. Broner's faults will catch up to him sure enough and he will be an example of how NOT to act when at the biggest stage of his career, I'm black and he's just too much of a immature stereotypical puppet for me to look up to him, he seems really lost. He doesn't even take care of his real family, just random ass people around him. He needs to start reading books or something to humble himself and build character without looking like an idiot.

alittle example, after Broner had the below par performance against Paulie, he continued to talk shit and not give respect. Mayweather after all his fights always gives the opponent respect no matter what was said before the fight and what happened in the ring. If he acts like a Douche when he wins, i wonder how he will be when he loses. Broner just a step up from Berto but will fall soon.

Broner is the future of Boxing!

How do you know he don't take care of his family? You know how many kids this fool got, he can't afford not to do that. Ask anyone whose ever had to pay child support

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Aug 14 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #25

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

The kid has promise but the fact remains he's just as focused on life outside the ring as he is on image which is a recipe for disaster. Wtf is up with the dancing? Them dances looked fruity tho. I watched that Quintero fight last night..he lost that fight man...no if's and or but's about it. If anything this kid should go into reclusive mode for two more years and focus on patching up the holes in his fight style because there are many. His stance for once is going to eventually get used against him by smarter opponents. When he goes into the barrage of punches thing he likes to do he leave himself wideeeee open for a counter plus he's a head hunter more than anything, needs to focus on doing more body damage to his opponents.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 14 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I'll just say that the sport needs people like Broner or else it'd be boring.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Aug 14 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #27

Bantamweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Broner is the future of Boxing!

How do you know he don't take care of his family? You know how many kids this fool got, he can't afford not to do that. Ask anyone whose ever had to pay child support

If Broner is the future then Boxing is in bad shape indeed lol. compared to the other up and comers Rigondeaux, Gary Russell jr, Charlo twins, Thurman, Toka Kahn (some kid from here in Rhode Island), Broner does seem to get the most recognition. But i can't say he's the future of boxing because i think he will lose before Mayweather retires. He'll get it by Thurman, Canelo after he loses to Mayweather, Matthysse will knock him down if he doesnt win because of judges. Those are 3 very possible fights that can be done before Mayweather retires. Idk unless he somehow turns it around and gets focused then i dont see him running the game.

I think Rigondeaux should be leading the pack but he messed up signing with Top Rank. He's too good for his own good. Gary russell will be a no name until he goes up against someone with a name. The Charlo twins will be up there but i think the one with the shorter hair is better, the one with the longer hair was getting worked by Bernard Hopkins's nephew in his last fight. Thurman i think will beat Broner when they meet if they do, Thurman got my respect in his last fight, he isn't as cocky and foolish as i thought he was, he actually has skills and can adjust to keep getting better. Toka kahn is some kid from here in RI who asked my current girl now out when they were in elementary school, dude is like a mini mike tyson, he is signed with top rank, he'll be racking up his KO's and get recognition soon. He's actually pretty good, young but very dedicated to the sport and it shows.

And yeah Child support is a killer, my Father still pays my mom for it now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...But i seen how he doesnt take care of his mother, shame.. no judgement but just observing

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Aug 14 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #28

Bantamweight

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Aug 14 2013, 07:52 PM) *
The kid has promise but the fact remains he's just as focused on life outside the ring as he is on image which is a recipe for disaster. Wtf is up with the dancing? Them dances looked fruity tho. I watched that Quintero fight last night..he lost that fight man...no if's and or but's about it. If anything this kid should go into reclusive mode for two more years and focus on patching up the holes in his fight style because there are many. His stance for once is going to eventually get used against him by smarter opponents. When he goes into the barrage of punches thing he likes to do he leave himself wideeeee open for a counter plus he's a head hunter more than anything, needs to focus on doing more body damage to his opponents.

I need to watch that fight tonight. You right about the stance and having it used against him. Someone who can feint him and take advantage would be his worst nightmare. I thought of Mayweather vs Gatti when you said that.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 14 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #29

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 02:52 PM) *
That was a derogatory and racist rant against Manny and I do not support what he said. He had some compelling points but he ruined it with his bravado. I'm glad he's taking a step back now. The same thing people are calling on Broner to do is the same thing they want floyd to do....humble yourself

I wasn't talking about when May was making racist comments towards Manny, I am talking about when he actually made sense what he was saying about Manny. Supposedly he was responding to his fans that were making racists comments towards him. Two wrongs do no make a right. He should of taken the higher road.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 14 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I found that entertaining. Lol.

Big man was bout to hurt his lil ass Lmao

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:02 AM