IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> andy ruiz vs deontay wilder, who takes it?
daprofessor
post Aug 13 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

just curious to see what you guys think. i believe these 2 guys are the premier heavyweights in the u.s. the other guys are still on the come up. i don't think jennings, mitchell or arreolla stand a chance against either.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 13 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Wilder is better, and he will win. Only chance I see for Ruiz to beat him is to out work him, but that's something that could very well happen. But I think Wilder is to on physically gifted and just a better overall talent then Ruiz.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 14 2013, 02:33 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 13 2013, 06:22 PM) *
just curious to see what you guys think. i believe these 2 guys are the premier heavyweights in the u.s. the other guys are still on the come up. i don't think jennings, mitchell or arreolla stand a chance against either.

I like Andy Ruiz too. Size matters and can overcome skill deficiency apparently. i think the Big Scooby Doo wins by KO because he can simply get there faster and from greater range then most fighters. the only one that will challenge Wilder will be Klit. Klit used Wilder as a sparring partner, so I dont know how he feels about facing him in the ring. That in itself may have been a calculated move by Klit...

+Quote Post
flazi
post Aug 14 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

hopefully this fight won't happen till they both are wearing belts. for the time being i have to go with ruiz cause he is so damn sneaky. if he makes it out the first 4 rounds then he wins. Wilder is gifted though, damn, ruiz will have his chin tested.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 14 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

the problem facing wilder is getting out the first few rounds and closing distance all while avoiding that big right hand. ruiz does seem to have decent defense....and he'll keep coming. i agree...i wanna see this when both guys have straps. it'll be more meaningful and the money will be there for both.

i think wilder beats both klits. anytime they got in with an aggressive fighter who brought the fight to them...they lose. problem is...most heavyweights are not aggressive and they don't have the speed, length or power that DW possesses. they quit before they ever step foot in the ring with the klits.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 14 2013, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Big George says he only sees hope when he looks at Wilder but he thinks Ruiz will be champ in less than 2yrs. In Love George but I wonder how much of this is because he be calling them TR cards now

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 14 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 09:03 PM) *
Big George says he only sees hope when he looks at Wilder but he thinks Ruiz will be champ in less than 2yrs. In Love George but I wonder how much of this is because he be calling them TR cards now

i can see ruiz being champ in less than 2 yrs. he's a well rounded fighter. pun intended. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 14 2013, 09:37 PM) *
i can see ruiz being champ in less than 2 yrs. he's a well rounded fighter. pun intended. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nice punch line lol

Who can he beat? I can see it too depending on who he faces for a title

+Quote Post
ROME
post Aug 15 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 1,535

I just can't see this guy going beyond Chris Areola's level. IMO this kid is actually Chris Areola lite lol
He's got some quickness and some punching power but that's about it. He's seemingly so easy to hit that I think he'll be one of those heavyweights that, IF he reaches championship level, comes forward and takes an enormous amount of punishment and just keeps coming until the fight is eventually stopped; much like Areola. If he's in that kind of shape now while he's young, I'm quite certain it won't get any easier to get in better shape as he gets older. The other thing is the 74" reach. I believe that's the same as Shane Mosley's; relatively short for a heavyweight. This kid is no Mike Tyson so it's not like he has incredible foot speed to compensate for his lack of reach. As he moves up in rank, this will likely be a problem. I feel he's destined to have a Samuel Peter-type career.

This post has been edited by ROME: Aug 15 2013, 12:52 AM

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Aug 15 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

QUOTE (ROME @ Aug 15 2013, 01:51 AM) *
I just can't see this guy going beyond Chris Areola's level. IMO this kid is actually Chris Areola lite lol
He's got some quickness and some punching power but that's about it. He's seemingly so easy to hit that I think he'll be one of those heavyweights that, IF he reaches championship level, comes forward and takes an enormous amount of punishment and just keeps coming until the fight is eventually stopped; much like Areola. If he's in that kind of shape now while he's young, I'm quite certain it won't get any easier to get in better shape as he gets older. The other thing is the 74" reach. I believe that's the same as Shane Mosley's; relatively short for a heavyweight. This kid is no Mike Tyson so it's not like he has incredible foot speed to compensate for his lack of reach. As he moves up in rank, this will likely be a problem. I feel he's destined to have a Samuel Peter-type career.

Couldnt agree more! I see an Areola clone.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:08 AM