IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Klitschko is Ducking-Straight Up!!, What are your thoughts on this??
emd01
post Aug 22 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #31

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 22 2013, 05:07 PM) *
People said the same shit about Vitaly ducking Rahman and Peter when those guys were viable. It just appears that Vitaly fights when Vitaly is ready. I have no doubt that he handles Stiverne, much like he did Peter. I dont think he's scared and he hasnt ducked anyone. He hasnt fought anyone else, so how could this be considered a duck?? Not like ducking Margarito in favor of Baldomir... Ooops, didnt mean to bring up old shit...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 23 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #32

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 22 2013, 08:07 PM) *
People said the same shit about Vitaly ducking Rahman and Peter when those guys were viable. It just appears that Vitaly fights when Vitaly is ready. I have no doubt that he handles Stiverne, much like he did Peter. I dont think he's scared and he hasnt ducked anyone. He hasnt fought anyone else, so how could this be considered a duck?? Not like ducking Margarito in favor of Baldomir... Ooops, didnt mean to bring up old shit...

Cheap shot below the belt and total BS to boot. Still no one has explained why Klits has avoided this fight 2 previous times but yet nearly everyone defends him.

I don't get it.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Aug 23 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #33

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Its obviously because he is scared^

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 23 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 23 2013, 10:05 AM) *
Cheap shot below the belt and total BS to boot. Still no one has explained why Klits has avoided this fight 2 previous times but yet nearly everyone defends him.

I don't get it.

Before the arreola fight there was absolutely no reason to fight stiverne, the guy barley has any buzz right now. If I was stivernes camp I wouldnt want the fight right now. He isn't ready, beating the crap out of a guy who he made cry doesn't warrant an immediately shot. He needs more time, arreola was his very first test. Let him get a little better before basically taking a dive off a cliff and hoping he will grow wings

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 23 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #35

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 23 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Before the arreola fight there was absolutely no reason to fight stiverne, the guy barley has any buzz right now. If I was stivernes camp I wouldnt want the fight right now. He isn't ready, beating the crap out of a guy who he made cry doesn't warrant an immediately shot. He needs more time, arreola was his very first test. Let him get a little better before basically taking a dive off a cliff and hoping he will grow wings

This^

The Klitschkos dominate the Heavyweight division and have full control on who they fight. Stiverne still has to make a name and position for himself to earn that fight. He's only fought one legit guy so far, give him some time.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 24 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 22 2013, 08:57 PM) *
Possibly but in all likelihood it would go to the dec again. Stiverne isnt even on Chisoras level imo.

On Vitali ducking....the dude is 155 yrs old. Geriatrics get inured (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) .

Ha! For real, Vitali's a geezer.

I like Del Boy, but Stiverne continues to improve and I liked what I saw against Arreola. He still made some stupid choices, but I think there is enough technical ability and physical goods to make it very interesting against the older and slower Vitali. Enough for Stiverne to deserve his chance in the ring.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Aug 24 2013, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Aug 24 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #37

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 23 2013, 10:05 AM) *

I don't get it.

I was watching Stiverne hack up arreola. He was impressive and displayed defense... he showed he can evade shots and his stamina was impressive. He was going for the kill with shots late in the fight. He beat the living crap out of arreola

QUOTE (wolterb @ Aug 23 2013, 12:03 PM) *
Its obviously because he is scared^

Stiverne is pretty tough...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 24 2013, 08:58 PM) *

I like Del Boy, but Stiverne continues to improve and I liked what I saw against Arreola. He still made some stupid choices, but I think there is enough technical ability and physical goods to make it very interesting against the older and slower Vitali. Enough for Stiverne to deserve his chance in the ring.

To be honest, as Stiverne was working over arreola, I was seeing him beating one of the Klits...

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 25 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Arreola isnt Vitali. Vitali has taken zero damage since fighting Arreola where as Arreola has been beaten up pretty bad. Comparing what Vitali did to CA to what Stiverne did is like apples and oranges. Vitali will own Stiverne with a jab all night and KO him late.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Aug 25 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #39

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 24 2013, 07:58 PM) *

Vitali could defintely get upset, especially if he comes in rusty on top of being older .I agree Stiverne looked impressive against Arreola and that he deserves a shot. Looked really fast and smart too. It seems like he improved from last time I saw him against Ray Austin. Even though he ended that fight early Austin had his moments and he looked pretty old.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 27 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 25 2013, 07:12 PM) *
Arreola isnt Vitali. Vitali has taken zero damage since fighting Arreola where as Arreola has been beaten up pretty bad. Comparing what Vitali did to CA to what Stiverne did is like apples and oranges. Vitali will own Stiverne with a jab all night and KO him late.

Definitely, Vitali isn't Arreola, but Arreola was a common opponent and merits being used in this discussion.

I'm a fan of the jab, but what you're saying will happen to Stiverne was also the supposed fate of Chisora.
Klitschko vs. Stiverne is worth making.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:51 PM