IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) Geale- Barker-Tripleheader-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Aug 17 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to tonight's HBO boxing card in this thread. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Aug 20 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Is it me, or did HBO have it wrong ALL NIGHT? You could tell exactly who they were pulling for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

In the Cleverly fight, they we sooooo high on him, saying and hoping that he'd outsmart Kovalev and counter him...didn't shit happen. When they realized that he was in trouble, they then started giving Kovalev his credit, as if they were in his favor the whole time.

In the Romero/Martinez fight, they pulled the same stunt, but not as much as they did earlier. They were somewhat banking on a Romero/Rigondeaux fight. Speaking of Rigondeaux, did anybody find it funny how they used Rigo's name to build up Romero and make it seem as if it was going to be a must see fight, had Romero gotten past Martinez?

In the Barker/Geale fight, they totally didn't Geale any credit early on, and even when he had Barker in trouble on several occasions, they were still pro-Barker, especially when Barker came back after the body shot knockdown. I must admit, I was happy for his efforts after being floored, but let's be real, he didn't do THAT much to clamor over. I guess the effort said a lot.

I usually side with Roy during commentary, but he was off most of the night. I still like Kellerman and what he provides. He seems to either know the right things to say when the tides of the fight turn, or he knows when to shut up when things are looking shaky in there.

As for Lampley, let's be real, he barely even knew who the fighters were. He was pulling for Martinez SO HARD because of his association with Sarmiento, Sergio, Lewkowicz. He NEVER seems to miss the opportunity to kiss Sergio's ass. Speaking of Sergio...though Lampley was kissing his ass during casual conversation, did it seem like HBO was starting to write Sergio off? They were insinuating that he's not what he once was, and he's not a top MW anymore. Weird...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 21 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 20 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Is it me, or did HBO have it wrong ALL NIGHT? You could tell exactly who they were pulling for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

In the Cleverly fight, they we sooooo high on him, saying and hoping that he'd outsmart Kovalev and counter him...didn't shit happen. When they realized that he was in trouble, they then started giving Kovalev his credit, as if they were in his favor the whole time.

In the Romero/Martinez fight, they pulled the same stunt, but not as much as they did earlier. They were somewhat banking on a Romero/Rigondeaux fight. Speaking of Rigondeaux, did anybody find it funny how they used Rigo's name to build up Romero and make it seem as if it was going to be a must see fight, had Romero gotten past Martinez?

In the Barker/Geale fight, they totally didn't Geale any credit early on, and even when he had Barker in trouble on several occasions, they were still pro-Barker, especially when Barker came back after the body shot knockdown. I must admit, I was happy for his efforts after being floored, but let's be real, he didn't do THAT much to clamor over. I guess the effort said a lot.

I usually side with Roy during commentary, but he was off most of the night. I still like Kellerman and what he provides. He seems to either know the right things to say when the tides of the fight turn, or he knows when to shut up when things are looking shaky in there.

As for Lampley, let's be real, he barely even knew who the fighters were. He was pulling for Martinez SO HARD because of his association with Sarmiento, Sergio, Lewkowicz. He NEVER seems to miss the opportunity to kiss Sergio's ass. Speaking of Sergio...though Lampley was kissing his ass during casual conversation, did it seem like HBO was starting to write Sergio off? They were insinuating that he's not what he once was, and he's not a top MW anymore. Weird...

i only saw the kovalev/cleverly fight...and i thought roy said it best early in the fight....cleverly fought a dumb fight.

missed the other fights. i'll check them out and get back.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:37 AM