Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 20 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

stevens painted himself in a corner by mentioning ggg's name. taking this fight is damage control. everyone knows he didn't really want it...but here we are. it'll be a shootout while it lasts....i'm saying ggg gets him. stevens brutal ko's have come against guys who were down and out. ggg is on the rise. both are very precise punchers. i see more holes in stevens defense than in ggg's.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 20 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Bad for Curtis, this fight would've been something special if it happens late next year but I don't see Curtis winning this one. His best chance to win is hope GGG comes straight at him and he can clip him with something

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Aug 20 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 12:45 PM) *
stevens painted himself in a corner by mentioning ggg's name. taking this fight is damage control. everyone knows he didn't really want it...but here we are. it'll be a shootout while it lasts....i'm saying ggg gets him. stevens brutal ko's have come against guys who were down and out. ggg is on the rise. both are very precise punchers. i see more holes in stevens defense than in ggg's.

he gases out too, i think he wanted the fight just wanted that extra pay as a sort of insurance policy for the beatdown..i think GGG too much for him right now mind you he got stopped by a guy with 19 loses

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 20 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I think the problem with fighting GGG is that most give him too much respect in the ring and more or less are terrified of him. So before there even in the ring, they've lost. He has that aura Tyson had, Pac had. Those people that just seem to have some animal inside them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 20 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 20 2013, 04:49 PM) *
I think the problem with fighting GGG is that most give him too much respect in the ring and more or less are terrified of him. So before there even in the ring, they've lost. He has that aura Tyson had, Pac had. Those people that just seem to have some animal inside them.

the respect is warranted because he can end things quickly....just like pac and tyson.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 21 2013, 02:20 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 05:58 PM) *
the respect is warranted because he can end things quickly....just like pac and tyson.

But you can't go into a fight looking not to get knocked out, your suppose to go in to win.

Both of these guys haven't really fought anyone like that, and I expect both to lose (Stevens has once already) when they meet the someone does come in to win instead of just trying to survive. Rosado was giving gennady something to think about and he was the smaller guy, and stevens has gotten stopped already. But ill be tunned in for a good night of boxing while it lasts

Curtis still has my candidate for ko of the year.. and runner up is probably Lucas vs Dallas Jr but I'd have to review the rest.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 21 2013, 05:36 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2013, 11:58 PM) *

I know that, but people aren't respecting it, there terrified of it. Like Mattysse vs Peterson, Peterson went in there terrified of the hype about his power.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 21 2013, 05:58 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I think its a give and take type fight until GGG takes over and stops Stevens mid to late rounds. Excellent fight though, can't wait.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Aug 21 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

3G fan boys will probably still try and claim Stevens is ducking him, even though they have a fight on the books.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:37 AM