> Curtis Stevens vs gennady golovkin
checkleft
post Aug 21 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 21 2013, 06:36 AM) *
I know that, but people aren't respecting it, there terrified of it. Like Mattysse vs Peterson, Peterson went in there terrified of the hype about his power.

Lamont is always like that against strong punchers.. like against ortiz, its just that he usually weathers the storm. Now that I think about it lamont always falls into slugging even when it doesn't favor him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 21 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I like this fight. I think it will be interesting. I wonder if Stevens cracks GGG can GGG take a hit. I like this fight. Great year for boxing!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 21 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2013, 02:20 AM) *
But you can't go into a fight looking not to get knocked out, your suppose to go in to win.

Both of these guys haven't really fought anyone like that, and I expect both to lose (Stevens has once already) when they meet the someone does come in to win instead of just trying to survive. Rosado was giving gennady something to think about and he was the smaller guy, and stevens has gotten stopped already. But ill be tunned in for a good night of boxing while it lasts

Curtis still has my candidate for ko of the year.. and runner up is probably Lucas vs Dallas Jr but I'd have to review the rest.

u have to box him...take some of the steam out of him. i think if stevens tries to jump on him early...he's going to get ko'd. i thought rosado had the right idea. the problem was he got cut up and banged up quick and so it was pretty much down hill from there. had he avoided some of those biggers shots earlier....who knows how that would have played out? defense wins championships. it's that simple. not getting knocked out is part of having good defense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what other ko of the year candidates are there?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 21 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2013, 08:26 PM) *
u have to box him...take some of the steam out of him. i think if stevens tries to jump on him early...he's going to get ko'd. i thought rosado had the right idea. the problem was he got cut up and banged up quick and so it was pretty much down hill from there. had he avoided some of those biggers shots earlier....who knows how that would have played out? defense wins championships. it's that simple. not getting knocked out is part of having good defense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what other ko of the year candidates are there?

Stevenson, Lucas again, Danny Garcia, wilder, Jones.. theres been a few

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Aug 22 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

do we pray for stevens?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 22 2013, 05:57 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 21 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Lamont is always like that against strong punchers.. like against ortiz, its just that he usually weathers the storm. Now that I think about it lamont always falls into slugging even when it doesn't favor him

True but he was trying to keep his distance, which let Mattysse fully extend those sticks with bricks he calls arms

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 22 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2013, 05:57 AM) *
True but he was trying to keep his distance, which let Mattysse fully extend those sticks with bricks he calls arms

peterson also blinds himself with his defense by balling up and he squares up.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 22 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Stevens is going to be like a heavy bag with arms.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:10 PM