IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mathysse to spar with Tim Bradley and Juan Diaz, Good idea???
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 25 2013, 05:18 PM) *
I thought he looked tired but the weight could be an issue. I mean he does train in Argentina so he could be exhausted from the flight

we're 3 weeks out...these things make a huge difference. he was smart to not partake in the promotional tour. i have to question his move to spar bradley.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 26 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I think this is a good move for whom ever of the 3 gets the better of the others in sparring Lol. For Matthysse, the difference in styles between his sparring mates and opponent are clear, but they do offer certain qualities in which can be prepped for against Danny. If he's able to deal with em well, then I think it would play out well for him during the fight through experience and even more confidence. I don't think Bradley or Diaz have been the only sparring partners he's worked with for preparation. I'll tell u one thing though, I'm more impressed from what I'm hearing out of this lead up with Matthysse than from Danny's camp. Though it don't mean shit till they fight, I feel comfortable with the odds.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 26 2013, 04:47 PM) *
I think this is a good move for whom ever of the 3 gets the better of the others in sparring Lol. For Matthysse, the difference in styles between his sparring mates and opponent are clear, but they do offer certain qualities in which can be prepped for against Danny. If he's able to deal with em well, then I think it would play out well for him during the fight through experience and even more confidence. I don't think Bradley or Diaz have been the only sparring partners he's worked with for preparation. I'll tell u one thing though, I'm more impressed from what I'm hearing out of this lead up with Matthysse than from Danny's camp. Though it don't mean shit till they fight, I feel comfortable with the odds.

i had a conversation with a good friend who pointed out danny's choice of words in his interviews lately and he feels there's not much confidence coming from his camp. my thing is...danny's never really been a shit talker. that's his pops thing. i believe danny has the tools to get the job done. i think matthysse knows this is his toughest fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 26 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *
i had a conversation with a good friend who pointed out danny's choice of words in his interviews lately and he feels there's not much confidence coming from his camp. my thing is...danny's never really been a shit talker. that's his pops thing. i believe danny has the tools to get the job done. i think matthysse knows this is his toughest fight.

That's the thing dannys dad hasn't been talking either, which could mean they are not very confident or they are working their asses off because they know Lucas is legit.

And I agree with Lucas knowing this is his toughest/most dangerous fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 06:10 PM) *
That's the thing dannys dad hasn't been talking either, which could mean they are not very confident or they are working their asses off because they know Lucas is legit.

And I agree with Lucas knowing this is his toughest/most dangerous fight.

angel was saying in his interview that danny asked him to tone it down after the judah fight. i don't think they're taking matthysse lightly.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 26 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I think theyre quiet because theyre working their asses off. Hopefully theyre working on tightening up Dannys wide ass shots.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 26 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:34 PM) *
I think theyre quiet because theyre working their asses off. Hopefully theyre working on tightening up Dannys wide ass shots.

Matthysse is actually the sharper puncher out of the two, but Danny is just quicker. Hopefully they are because that picture professor posted was worrysome.

Danny actually has A LOT of trouble with the straight right, which I think is Lucas best punch. BUT the left hook is a perfect counter to the right so I'm back at even

This post has been edited by checkleft: Aug 26 2013, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 26 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Both guys kno what it is with this fight. All the talk is for the birds at this point. What both guys bring to the table is what makes this fight so 50/50. The way I see it, with Mathyss bringing in Bradley and Diaz for sparring is cool for all 3 of em involved, prepping for there own upcoming opponents. A guy like Canelo could have his sparring partners give him looks in a Mayweather style but it's never the same when you fight the man. Same could be said with Matthysse and his sparring partners for a guy like Danny, as long as it helps keep his reflex, stamina and endurance (among other things) in tip top, he should ok.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 26 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I dont see how this can be a bad move at all. He's going to get good work for his next fight against good fighters with not enough pop to hurt him. Sparring with Bradley would have to be a confidence booster especially if he's working Tim over, the WW champ. Now, he could get in there and get his ass whooped and it have the opposite effect but I think he's going to give Bradley and Diaz more problems than theyll give him just as long as Bradley wears super thick head gear.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I still don't see the point of him sparring Bradly and Diaz...I just really don't. Its good work at the end of the day, but neither of them fight like Danny. Now if he's just doing it for shits and giggles, then hats off to him...I just wanna see some damn video footage! Lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:25 AM