IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mathysse to spar with Tim Bradley and Juan Diaz, Good idea???
daprofessor
post Aug 27 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Matthysse is actually the sharper puncher out of the two, but Danny is just quicker. Hopefully they are because that picture professor posted was worrysome.

Danny actually has A LOT of trouble with the straight right, which I think is Lucas best punch. BUT the left hook is a perfect counter to the right so I'm back at even

i don't think he does. he baits the right so he can counter with the left. if you look at the khan fight...he was letting khan throw his right and rolling with it as he countered with his hook. matthysse is a much shorter guy with less speed than khan so danny will be able to do this on him as well.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 27 2013, 02:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 27 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:47 PM) *
I dont see how this can be a bad move at all. He's going to get good work for his next fight against good fighters with not enough pop to hurt him. Sparring with Bradley would have to be a confidence booster especially if he's working Tim over, the WW champ. Now, he could get in there and get his ass whooped and it have the opposite effect but I think he's going to give Bradley and Diaz more problems than theyll give him just as long as Bradley wears super thick head gear.

i think bradley is going to box him. he'd be foolish to sit in the pocket with him in camp. judging from the pics i've seen of them two together...bradley looks much bigger. who knows? juan diaz definitely does not fight like garcia.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 27 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 27 2013, 03:21 PM) *
i don't think he does. he baits the right so he can counter with the left. if you look at the khan fight...he was letting khan throw his right and rolling with it as he countered with his hook. matthysse is a much shorter guy with less speed than khan so danny will be able to do this on him as well.

If you look at the first morales and the Judah fight he was hurt by the straight right way to much. Morales isn't that fast either

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 27 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 27 2013, 03:49 PM) *
If you look at the first morales and the Judah fight he was hurt by the straight right way to much. Morales isn't that fast either

morales is a crafty veteran who will find a way to land against anyone. no shame in getting caught with it in the first fight...that was his major step up fight. since then...he hasn't been caught much. judah is southpaw...so i'm assuming u mean the cross (left) in judah's case. he didn't land it very much.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:39 AM