IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In the Year of the Upsets: Who will be next?
bnoles4life
post Aug 26 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 25 2013, 06:50 PM) *
Canelo upsets Mayweather
Rios is not beating Pacman
Arreola upsets Mitchell
Maidana is not beating Broner
Garcia upsets Matthysse
Alexander beats Khan
Alvarado beats Ruslan
Molina upsets Smith
Bradley upsets Marquez

1. Negative ghost rider.....that pattern is full. I repeat, that pattern is full

2. Agreed.

3. Don't see how this is an upset. The blob KO's Porcelain Chin

4. Agreed. Marcos will get folded by yet ANOTHER body shot.

5. Negative. I think Matthysse gives Danny all he ever wants...but I think it's a pick 'em.....is that flip flopping on my part?

6. Eeeeeehhhhhhh.....at first I was all Alvarado, but the more I think of this, the more I believe Alvarado will have a hard time NOT brawling w/ dude.

7. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. Negative....JMM. That Prodnikov fight likely took a big chunk outta "Dome, Thugs & Harmony" and JMM, regardless of age, is NOT the cat to be in there with in your next fight after such punishment. I like JMM.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Aug 26 2013, 08:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 26 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 26 2013, 08:00 AM) *
I'm still trippin' on why the Mitchell camp took this fight. As much of a blob as Arreola might be, he is one of the LAST fighters with whom I would've put in with "Porcelain Chin".

Maybe they cashing him out, look at the way he fought Banks in the rematch recently. It was more what Banks didn't do as opposed to what Seth was doing and when Banks did so something he was hurting Mitchell repeatedly. If a fighter like Arreola gets him hurt like that he's going to get finished

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 26 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 26 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Maybe they cashing him out, look at the way he fought Banks in the rematch recently. It was more what Banks didn't do as opposed to what Seth was doing and when Banks did so something he was hurting Mitchell repeatedly. If a fighter like Arreola gets him hurt like that he's going to get finished

My point EXACTLY, CHI!!!! Arreola, I'm confident, cracks harder than Banks.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 26 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 26 2013, 09:07 AM) *
1. Negative ghost rider.....that pattern is full. I repeat, that pattern is full

2. Agreed.

5. Negative. I think Matthysse gives Danny all he ever wants...but I think it's a pick 'em.....is that flip flopping on my part?

6. Eeeeeehhhhhhh.....at first I was all Alvarado, but the more I think of this, the more I believe Alvarado will have a hard time NOT brawling w/ dude.

8. Negative....JMM. That Prodnikov fight likely took a big chunk outta "Dome, Thugs & Harmony" and JMM, regardless of age, is NOT the cat to be in there with in your next fight after such punishment. I like JMM.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I knew it was a reason that I logged on today!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 26 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 25 2013, 02:01 PM) *
This year in boxing we have seen upset after upset. It has made boxing entertaining and unpredictable. Fans are actually talking about boxing and are excited about the sport. The war between HBO and Showtime have worked in favor (surprisingly) of the fans. We have 4 more months left in the year and a lot of big fightns left, what match has the chance of being another major upset?

May vs. Canelo
Pac vs. Rios
Arreola vs. Mitchell
Broner vs. Maidana
Matthysee vs. Garcia
Khan vs. Alexander (fight his yet to be signed)
Ruslan vs. Alvarado
Molina vs. Smith
Russell Jr. vs. ????
Bradley vs. Marquez
Rodriguez vs. Cotto

if you have any others that I missed please fill it in.

My pick would be Broner losing to Maidana or Smith upsetting Molina.

1. Call me crazy, but I'm starting to like Canelo's chances here.

2. Arreola is ripe for the pickin', but Im not sure how Mitchell fares here. As soon as he gets touched, he just loses all ring integrity and his legs go on vacation.

3. Broner is supposed to win this fight, but who knows? I've learned to not put the carriage in front of the horse. As mentioned already, Maidana's body is always open for shots...period.

4. If Devons happens to lose this one, then not only will it be an upset, but it would be an embarrassment. Khan is a busy fighter, but he doesn't belong at WW against guys with great/exceptional power.

5. Alvarado is a victim of his own brawler's mentality. He's a brawler...too bad his face isn't on board with the idea, lol. I still dont see this as being any type of upset, regardless of the outcome.

6. The only way this will be an upset, is if Molina happens to stop Smith. Molina doesn't have many KOs to his name, but he is able to hurt guys if he lands cleanly.

7. Fuck him...GRJ that is. I wouldn't mind seeing him get starched by a nobody.

8. Bradley's a full blown WW...Im not so sure if I can give JMM the "W" at this very moment. JMM isn't a big puncher at WW, regardless of what he did to Manny, so him keeping Bradley off, will be the story.

9. Rodriguez can and will beat Miguel. Hasn't Miguel learned his lesson about fighting guys that tower over him? Apparently, not. This wont be an upset...it'll just be one of those "Why did Cotto even take this fight?" type of deals.

10. I forgot about Garcia/Matthysse. If Lucas wins, he'll simply be doing what other predicted. If Danny wins...he better do it in an impressive fashion...or else he'll be staring at a rematch. Again, if Danny wins, it wont be an upset...it'll simply be a moment where he and his fans can wipe the sweat off their foreheads. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 25 2013, 01:01 PM) *
This year in boxing we have seen upset after upset. It has made boxing entertaining and unpredictable. Fans are actually talking about boxing and are excited about the sport. The war between HBO and Showtime have worked in favor (surprisingly) of the fans. We have 4 more months left in the year and a lot of big fightns left, what match has the chance of being another major upset?

May vs. Canelo
Pac vs. Rios
Arreola vs. Mitchell
Broner vs. Maidana
Matthysee vs. Garcia
Khan vs. Alexander (fight his yet to be signed)
Ruslan vs. Alvarado
Molina vs. Smith
Russell Jr. vs. ????
Bradley vs. Marquez
Rodriguez vs. Cotto

if you have any others that I missed please fill it in.

My pick would be Broner losing to Maidana or Smith upsetting Molina.

i think the only one that would be considered a real upset is canelo over cotto. maybe one of the corpses the klitschkos fight...if they lose to one of them.

the rest of these fights...anything can happen.

pac coming off that ko loss losing to rios won't be a big deal imo.

arreolla should bomb on mitchell but i wouldn't be shocked if mitchell beat arreolla.

broner/maidana can go either way...

matthysse/garcia is 50/50

ruslan/alvarado 50/50

molina/smith 50/50 but i think molina is going to get him.

bradley/marquez 50/50

rodriguez/cotto....i think rodriguez is going to beat him. i guess u can consider that an upset, but not a major one.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 26 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #17

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 26 2013, 09:06 AM) *
1. Call me crazy, but I'm starting to like Canelo's chances here.

2. Arreola is ripe for the pickin', but Im not sure how Mitchell fares here. As soon as he gets touched, he just loses all ring integrity and his legs go on vacation.

3. Broner is supposed to win this fight, but who knows? I've learned to not put the carriage in front of the horse. As mentioned already, Maidana's body is always open for shots...period.

4. If Devons happens to lose this one, then not only will it be an upset, but it would be an embarrassment. Khan is a busy fighter, but he doesn't belong at WW against guys with great/exceptional power.

5. Alvarado is a victim of his own brawler's mentality. He's a brawler...too bad his face isn't on board with the idea, lol. I still dont see this as being any type of upset, regardless of the outcome.

6. The only way this will be an upset, is if Molina happens to stop Smith. Molina doesn't have many KOs to his name, but he is able to hurt guys if he lands cleanly.

7. Fuck him...GRJ that is. I wouldn't mind seeing him get starched by a nobody.

8. Bradley's a full blown WW...Im not so sure if I can give JMM the "W" at this very moment. JMM isn't a big puncher at WW, regardless of what he did to Manny, so him keeping Bradley off, will be the story.

9. Rodriguez can and will beat Miguel. Hasn't Miguel learned his lesson about fighting guys that tower over him? Apparently, not. This wont be an upset...it'll just be one of those "Why did Cotto even take this fight?" type of deals.

10. I forgot about Garcia/Matthysse. If Lucas wins, he'll simply be doing what other predicted. If Danny wins...he better do it in an impressive fashion...or else he'll be staring at a rematch. Again, if Danny wins, it wont be an upset...it'll simply be a moment where he and his fans can wipe the sweat off their foreheads. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I am not going to call you crazy because a lot of people are counting Canelo to beat Mayweather, soundly beat Mayweather. As we know, whenever people pick Mayweather to lose badly, he steps up BIG. See the Hatton odds and Diego Corrales odds. What do you like about Saul's odds in winning. Saul does seem like a cool dude, I can tell he wants all that lime light and superstar status shit. He drips it. But you have to earn it. I still have my money on Mayweather. I am actually intrigued by his mindset this fight. It seems he has a lot going on outside the ring. And I remember what BHop said, it might not be Mayweather's night.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 26 2013, 08:16 AM) *

i think they're banking on arreolla being diminished from the ass whoopin stiverne put on him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 26 2013, 08:07 AM) *

2. Agreed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 27 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 07:30 PM) *
i think they're banking on arreolla being diminished from the ass whoopin stiverne put on him.

After what Stiverne did to him I can't blame them but Seth doesn't have the ability of Stiverne to duplicate that on Arreola

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:17 AM