> John DAVID JACKSON cannot forget, Hopkins destroyed him and now he hates
daprofessor
post Aug 28 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 27 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Yes, in Kelly Pavlik. I didn't see anything special in Sergey, he doesn't come in at angles, his defense is limited and he isn't exactly fast either. Why even bother mentioning Cleverly, he wasn't very cleverly in the ring.

Hopkins would pick this dude apart and use his fancy footwork and defense to make dude look ordinary/BHop is too cleverly for Kovalev.

leave the jokes to the professionals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think this guy is better than pavlik. only time will tell.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hitman
post Aug 28 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Aug 27 2013, 10:46 AM) *
Hopkins ruined him after hacking him up and stopping him in 7 rounds in 1998.. now he says hopkins is no match for Kovalev... calling him an old fighter... I understand Jackson supporting the Russian but come on John David.. Kovalev is what Hopkins has seen time and time again. Just another guy Hopkins beat who is envious of the old man's success

jackson was in hopkins corner for the tarver, winky and pavlik fights. their actually good friends.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Aug 28 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (hitman @ Aug 28 2013, 07:57 PM) *
jackson was in hopkins corner for the tarver, winky and pavlik fights. their actually good friends.

Exactly.. you would not think so based on the recent talk coming from Jackson.. business is business at the end of the day and I am sure having been beaten up by hop and working with him in key wins he feels has some insights on what it takes to beat him-- although he could not he has chance to live through his pupils...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 08:19 AM