IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Chavez Jr. is calling out Ward, GGG, and Sergio:, That must be some good weed!
Dolimite
post Aug 30 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-willi...martinez--69128

Chavez Jr. is willing to fight all three men which is interesting because they will all put L's on his illustrious record. Maybe he will have better luck with Martinez but Ward would make him look worse than Martinez and I think GGG would test his chin. Kudos to Chavez Jr. for wanting to fight these men. I guess he is looking to cash it out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Sep 4 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2013, 11:40 AM) *
I can eaaaasily see a Chavez/Ward fight happening, been saying this for a while now.

Me thinks that Arum will make money off of Chavez, regardless of who he fights, since he is so marketable. A Martinez rematch is winnable at this point, which could easily set up a rubber match. A Ward fight would be more of a benefit to Andre, rather than Julio, but I can still see it happening. They could easily make Ward wait, since he's depending on Julio's marketability to enhance his.

As for a GGG fight, of course most would say that it's a dangerous fight. Me being a Chavez fan, I don't think it will be as easy as most predict. Julio is STILL a giant, so that's a lot for GGG to chop down. I don't think (read: I have yet to see) GGG has the energy or the mindset to move for the whole fight and avoid Chavez walking him down.

I know he's had a million amateur fights, but keeping a big guy off of you in a pro fight for up to 12 rounds, is a daunting task. Anyhow, Chavez may as well go ahead and finish Martinez off, since he isn't looking so great nowadays.

I agree with you here, this fight wouldn't be easy for ggg. I say make it happen, ggg has been talking a lot of noise calling everyone out from 160 to 168 and now he AND ward have turned down fights with rodriguez. I'm tired of hearing both of them talk, let's get it on!

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2013, 01:10 PM) *
the chavez fight for ward is going to be the one to bring andre under arum's banner....so of course bob is open to making that fight.

That would be vintage arum (getting deja vu from Bradley pac)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2013, 01:25 PM) *
I agree with you here, this fight wouldn't be easy for ggg. I say make it happen, ggg has been talking a lot of noise calling everyone out from 160 to 168 and now he AND ward have turned down fights with rodriguez. I'm tired of hearing both of them talk, let's get it on!

That would be vintage arum (getting deja vu from Bradley pac)

i hope ward sees how bradley and rigondeaux are being done at the moment before he signs a deal with the devil himself.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 06:18 PM