Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Entrance music and culture
The Original MrF...
post Aug 30 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Man, its hard to take some of those cats in Mexico seriously. No disrespect to anyones culture or country. This was just an observation and perception. I know its a culture thing, but their entrance music many times, sounds like carnival music. I know these guys have a rich history of fighters, but I cant imagine coming from the school of hard knocks and going into battle with that music. It was very evident in the Mares/Gonzales fight. I know everyone doesnt wanna come in to "Mama Said Knock You Out," but damn.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 30 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 30 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Man, its hard to take some of those cats in Mexico seriously. No disrespect to anyones culture or country. This was just an observation and perception. I know its a culture thing, but their entrance music many times, sounds like carnival music. I know these guys have a rich history of fighters, but I cant imagine coming from the school of hard knocks and going into battle with that music. It was very evident in the Mares/Gonzales fight. I know everyone doesnt wanna come in to "Mama Said Knock You Out," but damn.

To a degree, I agree with you. It's hard to fathom getting amp'd for combat, while listening to Speedy Gonzalez's "Mexican Hat dance" music. That being said, ever notice how these guys are singing along to their song, with "taking a shower" like pride? That alone is enough for me to know, that stuff means something to them, far BEYOND how it makes them look.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 30 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

do u guys even know what those songs are about? i would suggest getting a translation before passing judgment.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 30 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

A lot of Mexican music has a strong German influence which is why I can't take it. They love it so, I can't hate. I actually get tired of the sorry ass rapper who you never heard of walking guys down the ring. And the ones that are known, you can't understand a damn thing that they are saying. The live music from the Mexicans actually sounds the same to me, but again, I am not hating. Being different makes this world great.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 30 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 30 2013, 07:40 PM) *
A lot of Mexican music has a strong German influence which is why I can't take it. They love it so, I can't hate. I actually get tired of the sorry ass rapper who you never heard of walking guys down the ring. And the ones that are known, you can't understand a damn thing that they are saying. The live music from the Mexicans actually sounds the same to me, but again, I am not hating. Being different makes this world great.

wtf is a french montana!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the only times i liked fighters coming to the ring with rappers....

rjj w/meth and redman

tito w/fatjoe and big pun

corrie spinks w/nellie

prince nazim w/puffy

+Quote Post
yuca
post Aug 30 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,537

Canelo should come out with 'Into the lungs of hell' by Megadeth, since Dave Mustaine is probably his real father

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 30 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2013, 08:17 PM) *

do u guys even know what those songs are about? i would suggest getting a translation before passing judgment.

Hence, the reason I said, these guys are singing w/ "in the shower" like behavior (translation= with pride and w/o shame). I'm not passing judgement....not in the least.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 31 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2013, 07:17 PM) *

This.

I'm Mexican but I don't really like the music, but most of their songs are about drugs guns fighting and hard living. So maybe if you guys new what it meant like the fighters do it would be your cup of tea.

Cotto and Lucas usually come out to bad ass songs tho, cotto probably comes out to the most intense. When he came into the marg rematch to seven nation army I got goosebumps.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 31 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 30 2013, 10:24 PM) *
This.

I'm Mexican but I don't really like the music, but most of their songs are about drugs guns fighting and hard living. So maybe if you guys new what it meant like the fighters do it would be your cup of tea.

Cotto and Lucas usually come out to bad ass songs tho, cotto probably comes out to the most intense. When he came into the marg rematch to seven nation army I got goosebumps.

Dude they come out to Narco music! Oh shit! Seven Nation Army is the shit! White Stripes by the way!

And Professor: I hate Puffy more than I hate Notre Dame!

But to watch Bama and Vtech. peace yawl!

+Quote Post
Plah
post Aug 31 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (yuca @ Aug 30 2013, 10:33 PM) *
Canelo should come out with 'Into the lungs of hell' by Megadeth, since Dave Mustaine is probably his real father

Hahaha

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:59 AM