> Entrance music and culture
mrchitown
post Aug 31 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2013, 09:21 PM) *
wtf is a french montana!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the only times i liked fighters coming to the ring with rappers....

rjj w/meth and redman

tito w/fatjoe and big pun

corrie spinks w/nellie

prince nazim w/puffy

Take your own advice grandpa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ..listen to the music. I don't like French but these hipster/wannabe gangsters do

I've been too many boxing events where that music is on and the crowd goes crazy. To each their own but the beat is trash, I can't get with it. I like hard shit, especially when a fighter's walking to the ring
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 1 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I spoke with one of my best friends, who happens to be Mexican. he told me the same thing some of you guys mentioned. The lyrics of the songs reference fighting and a fighting spirit. I got a good education from what he said and many of your posts. I'll be sure to listen to what Canelo comes in with. I'll have a translator with me.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2013, 01:52 AM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 31 2013, 01:24 AM) *
This.

I'm Mexican but I don't really like the music, but most of their songs are about drugs guns fighting and hard living. So maybe if you guys new what it meant like the fighters do it would be your cup of tea.

Cotto and Lucas usually come out to bad ass songs tho, cotto probably comes out to the most intense. When he came into the marg rematch to seven nation army I got goosebumps.

7 nation army is my shit!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2013, 01:53 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 1 2013, 12:46 AM) *
Take your own advice grandpa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ..listen to the music. I don't like French but these hipster/wannabe gangsters do

I've been too many boxing events where that music is on and the crowd goes crazy. To each their own but the beat is trash, I can't get with it. I like hard shit, especially when a fighter's walking to the ring

all it takes is a few seconds for me to know that shit is trash. i can't be bothered.

+Quote Post
yuca
post Sep 1 2013, 06:33 AM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,537

Here's some "good" mexican entrance music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oubLjme5-YI

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 1 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2013, 01:53 AM) *
all it takes is a few seconds for me to know that shit is trash. i can't be bothered.

Typical lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 2 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Nothing beats tyson in all black, in full post prison mode, Kufi and all, coming out to DMX

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 2 2013, 09:46 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 3 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I know one thing, I'd be scared shitless, if I ever saw a Mexican fighter walk to the ring with NO music. I wont lie, i love to hear that mariachi band play, or hear that upbeat music playing...it gives me some type notion that I'm part Mexican!

I'd rather a guy walk out to "not so masculine" music (or so it appears), than to walk out to some hardcore "shoot 'em bang bang" music, and get his ass handled like a toddler after a restroom break.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 3 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 30 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Man, its hard to take some of those cats in Mexico seriously. No disrespect to anyones culture or country. This was just an observation and perception. I know its a culture thing, but their entrance music many times, sounds like carnival music. I know these guys have a rich history of fighters, but I cant imagine coming from the school of hard knocks and going into battle with that music. It was very evident in the Mares/Gonzales fight. I know everyone doesnt wanna come in to "Mama Said Knock You Out," but damn.

You'd be surprised at some of the shit that they talk about in some of those songs... not so different from rap music with some of the joints I've herd I can tell u that, but I'm sure your talking of mainly the tune of the sound, which I'm sure like with any other form of music different from what you're use to, would take growing into a certain understanding.

A certain peeve of mine though that I'd like to get off my chest while we're on the subject of music is why the hell won't they show the damn artist name to the entrance music that is playing for the fighter? Do u know how hard it was for me to find this damn song when Cotto entered the ring to it against Mayweather?

This is my shit!

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 4 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2013, 09:21 PM) *
wtf is a french montana!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the only times i liked fighters coming to the ring with rappers....

rjj w/meth and redman

tito w/fatjoe and big pun

corrie spinks w/nellie

prince nazim w/puffy

we know what happened in that fight

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:27 PM