IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Whats better for the sport?, If Canelo wins, would it be better for boxing?
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 31 2013, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

I try not to be bias as a fan of Floyed, with that I said I do feel he will win in two weeks.

But make no mistake, there is real danger in front of him. I give Canelo a real chance in this fight and not just a punchers chance.

As the fight draws closer Im starting to feel a win in Canelo's favor would be better for the sport. Not only would it generate huge interest in a rematch but also reshape the current landscape.

Floyed is always prepared so a loss wouldn't be fluke, and Canelo should get all the credit he would deserve. And Ipersonally wouldn't be too upset being its a young skilled opponent as opposed to some bum with a hard shot.

This isn't a tactical thread, but on the business side of things what would be better for the sport? Not just with this fight but any upcoming fight...

Marquez winning over Bradley (which I feel he will)

Matthyse over Garcia...

Im happy these fights are taking place because there is a real chance for the sport to go in a different direction

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jovi
post Aug 31 2013, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I can't agree that it would be good if Floyd loss to Canelo. This may be bias because im a Floyd fan but im more of a fan of the sport as a whole. But floyd losing to canelo would just prove that he wasn't as skilled or isn't as great as he claims to be. Which i dont believe, i believe he is one of the most skilled fighters if not the best now when it comes to being a complete fighter. Canelo is good is areas but he also lacks in others which should be capitalized on by Floyd to show his superiority rather than Canelo getting the best of Floyd. Floyd has been boxing longer than Canelo has been alive! so if he really is the best fighter than he should beat Canelo, he should find a way like he always does.

I'm saying this because i want him to retire undefeated, after beating Canelo then taking on Martinez, Matthysse, Pacquiao, Bradley or Khan. Just fights that will add to his legacy, If anyone is beating floyd then i would mention GGG but for countless reasons i dont think the fight would happen but i could be wrong and if that fight did happen, depending on what weight and how floyd is feeling it would be a toss up. But i believe the last fights of his career will be more defining to his legacy, each fight is more important than all before it. If he really wants to stand out from previous greats he should retire after beating those who will cement his case.

Canelo losing i think actually makes it more interesting because then he can fight anyone! might actually move up too. Canelo has more choices than Floyd. still very young and is getting better. If floyd were to lose then he'd probably take easier fights compared to the bigger money/challenging fights ahead of him.

Pacquiao lost because he was supposed to, the way he fights just foreshadowed that due to his wildness he would be knocked out by someone would outbox him out of his shoes. Though he has a fast strong offense, defense is what keeps you alive in the ring, and he lacks it. I thought it would be Mayweather first to knock him out, but still fighting him and knocking him out there shouldn't be excuses since he wont be as bloody and it wont take him 4 fights to do it.

Marquez said himself he doesnt want any part of floyd again, Arum probably makes him fight pacquiao again though. If he doesnt fight pacquiao then I see top rank not letting him fight anyone or just setting him up to lose.......And Matthysse shouldnt get a ticket to floyd after Garcia, he should beat Garcia and then beat broner too and make it even more epic. The Mayweather/Matthysse fight would be much bigger this way.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Aug 31 2013, 03:03 AM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 31 2013, 04:54 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

It'd probably be better if Canelo won so there'd be a new young P4P PPV Champion running the game.

Also, Bradley beating Marquez would probably be better than the other way around, because it gives more respect to the young champ who was knocked under the bus because of his controversial fight with Pacquiao (which I felt he actually won). Beating Marquez is beating the guy that always one-upped Pacquiao to the eyes of the majority, who finally sealed the deal with a KO. Beating the guy that beat Pacquiao proves that Bradley is worthy of an opponent and can possibly get a rematch with Pacquiao to cease all doubt about the controversy.

I don't understand why people think Matthysse should beat Garcia, Matthysse lost to Devon Alexander and Zab Judah, while Danny Garcia blew through Judah and some other big names, and is an undefeated champion. Danny would have a brighter future of the two, given their records and charisma.

QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 31 2013, 03:02 AM) *
I can't agree that it would be good if Floyd loss to Canelo. This may be bias because im a Floyd fan but im more of a fan of the sport as a whole. But floyd losing to canelo would just prove that he wasn't as skilled or isn't as great as he claims to be. Which i dont believe, i believe he is one of the most skilled fighters if not the best now when it comes to being a complete fighter. Canelo is good is areas but he also lacks in others which should be capitalized on by Floyd to show his superiority rather than Canelo getting the best of Floyd. Floyd has been boxing longer than Canelo has been alive! so if he really is the best fighter than he should beat Canelo, he should find a way like he always does.

I'm saying this because i want him to retire undefeated, after beating Canelo then taking on Martinez, Matthysse, Pacquiao, Bradley or Khan. Just fights that will add to his legacy, If anyone is beating floyd then i would mention GGG but for countless reasons i dont think the fight would happen but i could be wrong and if that fight did happen, depending on what weight and how floyd is feeling it would be a toss up. But i believe the last fights of his career will be more defining to his legacy, each fight is more important than all before it. If he really wants to stand out from previous greats he should retire after beating those who will cement his case.

Canelo losing i think actually makes it more interesting because then he can fight anyone! might actually move up too. Canelo has more choices than Floyd. still very young and is getting better. If floyd were to lose then he'd probably take easier fights compared to the bigger money/challenging fights ahead of him.

Pacquiao lost because he was supposed to, the way he fights just foreshadowed that due to his wildness he would be knocked out by someone would outbox him out of his shoes. Though he has a fast strong offense, defense is what keeps you alive in the ring, and he lacks it. I thought it would be Mayweather first to knock him out, but still fighting him and knocking him out there shouldn't be excuses since he wont be as bloody and it wont take him 4 fights to do it.

Marquez said himself he doesnt want any part of floyd again, Arum probably makes him fight pacquiao again though. If he doesnt fight pacquiao then I see top rank not letting him fight anyone or just setting him up to lose.......And Matthysse shouldnt get a ticket to floyd after Garcia, he should beat Garcia and then beat broner too and make it even more epic. The Mayweather/Matthysse fight would be much bigger this way.

Maybe to shill reporters or idiotic fans. The guy is far from his prime and is very close to retirement.

This post has been edited by sduck: Aug 31 2013, 05:01 AM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- BoxingStill#1   Whats better for the sport?   Aug 31 2013, 12:03 AM
- - emd01   I dont think any of the fighters winning or losing...   Aug 31 2013, 12:12 AM
|- - BoxingStill#1   QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 31 2013, 12:12 AM) I d...   Aug 31 2013, 01:04 AM
- - Jovi   I can't agree that it would be good if Floyd l...   Aug 31 2013, 03:02 AM
|- - sduck   It'd probably be better if Canelo won so there...   Aug 31 2013, 04:54 AM
- - The Original MrFactor   Either or... i think its better for Goldenboy and ...   Aug 31 2013, 08:04 AM
- - Jack 1000   QUOTE Also, Bradley beating Marquez would probably...   Aug 31 2013, 09:05 AM
|- - sduck   QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 31 2013, 09:05 AM)...   Aug 31 2013, 06:30 PM
- - mgrover   Two sides to the coin really, Floyd loses and pass...   Aug 31 2013, 12:45 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 01:45 PM) T...   Sep 1 2013, 01:44 AM
- - Jovi   Yeah he does force it with the ppv, but i respect ...   Aug 31 2013, 03:18 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 12:45 PM) T...   Aug 31 2013, 04:17 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 31 2013, 03:18 PM) Yeah...   Aug 31 2013, 04:19 PM
- - Dolimite   It would be great for GB and Showtime. They stand ...   Aug 31 2013, 04:32 PM
- - mgrover   Also Floyd his own businessman? Doubtful, just a p...   Aug 31 2013, 04:38 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 05:38 PM) A...   Sep 1 2013, 01:46 AM
- - hitman   a canelo win could be real big. it would be the p...   Sep 1 2013, 01:59 PM
- - Franchize   I think it would be bad for the sport honestly. Th...   Sep 2 2013, 09:18 AM
|- - Plah   QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2013, 10:18 AM) ...   Sep 2 2013, 01:05 PM
|- - mrchitown   QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2013, 09:18 AM) ...   Sep 2 2013, 04:37 PM
- - emd01   QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 09:45 AM) T...   Sep 2 2013, 10:04 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:26 AM