IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whats better for the sport?, If Canelo wins, would it be better for boxing?
checkleft
post Aug 31 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 31 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Yeah he does force it with the ppv, but i respect it because atleast he's his own buisness man. He may say other things to the media for obvious reasons of them tryna make him look bad anyway. But all the hardwork cant just go away because he's "past his prime" even though his body may not feel so young, if you take care of your body it should take care of you too. Past greats when they fight past their primes it is a significant difference to how good they once were (Ali,SRL)...But to Mayweather's credit i dont think they were taking care of their body as much as well as he was.

Matthysse didnt get beat by either judah or Alexander. He wasn't outboxed, he knocked both of them down. When i scored the fights i had them both for matthysse but theres blown calls all the time in boxing especially when matthysse wasnt a big name yet. He lost but it wasnt because Judah or Alexander were better than him, it was because of the suspicious boxing politics. REwatch the fights and scored them.

I want bradley to win so he can cut away from Top rank and fight Mayweather. Marquez is going to retire soon........This is all just opinion, just like talking boxing with people who know shit about boxing

I agree.

And I scored the devon and Judah fights both for Lucas also but what can you do
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 31 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #12

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

It would be great for GB and Showtime. They stand to gain the most out of it. Outside of Mexicans, people honestly have no idea who Saul is. They know who Mayweather is. If the top dog loses will people still be interested in boxing? That 0 is what keeps Floyd important and I doubt if he will take one for boxing, that means keeping money from his account in the long run. That ain't going to happen. And no way is he going to let Oscar smile and be happy in his demise, Floyd isn't a stupid dude.

Plus, if Saul wins, that means he has to fight top competition from here on out.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 31 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Also Floyd his own businessman? Doubtful, just a puppet of Al Haymon

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 31 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 31 2013, 09:05 AM) *
Hi Sduck,

A little unclear, are you saying you thought Bradley beat Pacquiao or you agree with the overwhelming majority that Pacquiao beat Bradley?

It would be good if Canelo wins to bring some fresh new blood to the sport. How would Floyd's ego handle his first loss? But it would NOT be so good for Canelo to win controversially. If Floyd wins, what's left? Forget Pacquiao. That fight will never happen if Arum is involved, and Pacquiao would have to in my view beat Rios big and rematch Bradley winning big. Floyd would also have to look good against Alvarez and keep active.

Jack

I had Bradley winning in a very close fight. I know that's not how popular opinion saw it, but I score fights without as much bias as possible. I thought Bradley had control of the more rounds, Pacquiao throwing flurries at the end of rounds doesn't do enough to win a round imo, you have to control the majority of the round to win it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Two sides to the coin really, Floyd loses and passes a torch to a very beatable fighter, and he's beat, and then basically the pie gets split up and cut up, and all this PPV nonsense can stop. Or Floyd wins and continues to make himself a fuckton of money for 3 more fights, were he retires and the numbers he generates are no longer really generated for boxing anymore, unless Pac maybe does it? I think he needs to lose for the sake of boxing, call it stupid but if he loses that pie is split, and can be split more and more. But the issue is the pie may not be split and chunks of it may just disappear. No I don't hate Floyd.

very good post!!!

i agree. this ppv shit is bad for the sport. i also think ppl have short memory spans. when floyd fought and beat dlh...that fight was oversold big time. everyone and their mothers were talking about the fight and how each guy promised to knock out the other. i don't know that this fight has reached that level just yet...but i am seeing signs of the fight every where and people who don't normally talk boxing are talking about this fight. ppl were expecting fireworks when oscar fought floyd...and they got a technical boxing match instead. i tried to tell everyone who would listen...there will be no fireworks. oscar wasn't offensively aggressive enough for there to be any....and floyd didn't pack enough punch to stop oscar. i think some of the same is happening here....ppl are expecting fireworks, at least from canelo. i can't see canelo having his way with floyd...but i can see floyd doing what he always does...outskilling and schooling his opponents. when he beat oscar....there were a shit ton of fans i came across who were swearing off boxing....and complaining that neither guy did shit, blah,blah,blah...and some usual...'that shit was fixed!!!' b.s. i think the saving grace in all of this is the fact that it's on showtime and not hbo. so, more than likely...we'll get an honest assessment and explanation from ppl who actually know what the fuck they're talking about. they won't be trying to sell their house fighter....or create controversey where there is none.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 1 2013, 01:46 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Also Floyd his own businessman? Doubtful, just a puppet of Al Haymon

we wouldn't even be talking about floyd if it weren't for al haymon.

+Quote Post
hitman
post Sep 1 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

a canelo win could be real big. it would be the passing of the torch like dlh did for floyd and pacquiao. if dlh won those fights those guys would not matter (mainstream wise). instead those 2 have carried the sports since. it would be good if canelo could win this fight. rematch would be HUGE.

canelo needs to at least give floyd all he can handle. he can't go out like guerrero.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 2 2013, 09:18 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think it would be bad for the sport honestly. The sport was ruined, in my opinion, by Pactards (including Skip Bayless) and this whole "Floyd's ducking" campaign. The one thing to keep those people's mouth's shut was the undefeated record. Maybe I'm biased as a floyd fan, but he truly doesn't get the credit he deserves. Is he the best ever? No. But in my opinion, we truly are watching greatness take place and it's going unnoticed. If he loses, the same idiotic fungus that's been tainting the sport will arise and dominate all the headlines. Nobody will care if Floyd avenges the loss either. Bottom line is, Boxing is thriving off of Floyd undefeated record. The fact that him, Ward and Rigo are all undefeated is what's saving Boxing from becoming bar room brawling. The Jim Lampleys of the world can hate all they want and give biased commentary and butt hurt monologues. They can diss the fighting style, tell fans "this is boring, this isn't what you want to see." They can hype up skill-less slugfest and have a million and one rematches. End of the day, those fights all look the same, they don't show the skill that this beautiful sport is really all about and when those types of fighters get in a ring with Mayweather, Ward and Rigo....they LOSE! And that's the way it should be!

+Quote Post
Plah
post Sep 2 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2013, 10:18 AM) *
I think it would be bad for the sport honestly. The sport was ruined, in my opinion, by Pactards (including Skip Bayless) and this whole "Floyd's ducking" campaign. The one thing to keep those people's mouth's shut was the undefeated record. Maybe I'm biased as a floyd fan, but he truly doesn't get the credit he deserves. Is he the best ever? No. But in my opinion, we truly are watching greatness take place and it's going unnoticed. If he loses, the same idiotic fungus that's been tainting the sport will arise and dominate all the headlines. Nobody will care if Floyd avenges the loss either. Bottom line is, Boxing is thriving off of Floyd undefeated record. The fact that him, Ward and Rigo are all undefeated is what's saving Boxing from becoming bar room brawling. The Jim Lampleys of the world can hate all they want and give biased commentary and butt hurt monologues. They can diss the fighting style, tell fans "this is boring, this isn't what you want to see." They can hype up skill-less slugfest and have a million and one rematches. End of the day, those fights all look the same, they don't show the skill that this beautiful sport is really all about and when those types of fighters get in a ring with Mayweather, Ward and Rigo....they LOSE! And that's the way it should be!

/thread

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 2 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2013, 09:18 AM) *

I agree with a lot of what you said. I see it as a 50/50 type of thing. A loss for Mayweather would change the landscape of boxing and surely usher in a new era of the sport. And it would focus more attention on the other boxers coming up. But it could be bad too because if he loses there's going to be an automatic rematch and even if he wins, some know it all idiots will hang onto that one loss.

I definitely agree with what you said about Mayweather, Ward, and Rigondeaux. If they lose a lot of people will act like it's the end of the world and discredit them

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:41 PM