Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Devon Alexander???
Cshel86
post Sep 3 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I know we've been reading a bunch rah rah crap about the Khan fight (which I still think wont happen), but my biggest question is, when will Devon impress again? I haven't seen a good performance from him since the Urango fight in 2010. I mean, the Maidana fight was impressive, but Maidana was still a plodder and he looked fat in that fight.

Lately, he's just found ways to make fights boring, and that Kell Brook accident-prone nonsense just killed his buzz. I'm wondering when he'll show us something at WW, or will he just fizzle out? Mind you, I used to be a huge Alexander fan, but wth is up with him nowadays???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 3 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i think it's safe to say that he has peaked. he doesn't appear to have added anything to his arsenal and is one of those guys that has to be matched with a very specific style/caliber opponent to shine. if and when the khan fight happens...i'll favor him simply because khan is not the same after all the wars. i can't see him beating anyone significant at 147. in my eyes....outside of floyd, thurman is the top dog.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 3 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 3 2013, 09:53 PM) *
i think it's safe to say that he has peaked. he doesn't appear to have added anything to his arsenal and is one of those guys that has to be matched with a very specific style/caliber opponent to shine. if and when the khan fight happens...i'll favor him simply because khan is not the same after all the wars. i can't see him beating anyone significant at 147. in my eyes....outside of floyd, thurman is the top dog.

Man I HOPING you wouldn't say this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Im getting that feeling too. I haven't seen shit new from him, plus those Bailey and Purdy bouts left way too much to the imagination.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 3 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I think he needs another trainer to get him motivated. He will never get a big money fight with his fighting style and personality. His personality is boring as shit. he is a good guy but he just doesn't have the "it" factor. I am thinking Brother Nas or even Robert Garcia could help him out. Devon looks like he has lost interest in boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 3 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 3 2013, 10:54 PM) *
I think he needs another trainer to get him motivated. He will never get a big money fight with his fighting style and personality. His personality is boring as shit. he is a good guy but he just doesn't have the "it" factor. I am thinking Brother Nas or even Robert Garcia could help him out. Devon looks like he has lost interest in boxing.

Right! That's what it looks like bro.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 3 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I agree that devon doesnt fight like he has any fire inside of him. I think Khan would beat him rather easily. Khans reach and activity would give Alexander problems.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 4 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He still fights like an amateur. The urango fight was more about how good urango isn't, good pressure fighters melt this guy down! He definitely pulled a job on Lucas, looked completely intimidated by Bradley, and barely made it out on his feet against kotelnik. He literally fights like he doesn't know what a knockout is anymore

I agree that he looks very uninterested in boxing as someone mentioned.

Thurman would hurt that boy, khans too much of a light hitter. I would even favor maidana in a rematch now that he looks actually healthy at 147. I'd also favor ortiz over him.

Him and guerrero could actually be fun, I can't see guerrero letting Alexander get away clean in clinches and would force him to exchange. That could be a good scrap to bring out some dog in xander

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Sep 4 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Completely agree...too much talk from the manager as well.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 4 2013, 01:30 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2013, 01:36 AM) *
He still fights like an amateur. The urango fight was more about how good urango isn't, good pressure fighters melt this guy down! He definitely pulled a job on Lucas, looked completely intimidated by Bradley, and barely made it out on his feet against kotelnik. He literally fights like he doesn't know what a knockout is anymore

I agree that he looks very uninterested in boxing as someone mentioned.

Thurman would hurt that boy, khans too much of a light hitter. I would even favor maidana in a rematch now that he looks actually healthy at 147. I'd also favor ortiz over him.

Him and guerrero could actually be fun, I can't see guerrero letting Alexander get away clean in clinches and would force him to exchange. That could be a good scrap to bring out some dog in xander

I think Guerrero is hitting for the Broner-Maidana winner. After fighting Mayweather, I think he's going for the biggest money possible for him, which is probably a reason he didn't take bait on a fight with Thurman. Plus it makes sense too, given the history of him and Broner. Hell, if a upset from Maidana occurred then who wouldn't wanna see that.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 4 2013, 01:53 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Sorry, if i never thought he was that good. he's limited in size and arsenal and has benefitted from good match making. When in there with guys like Kotelnik, Bradley and Matthysse he looked very average. Cunningham is a good guy who works for Alexander. If he strays too far from Cunningham, he'll be mismatched and lose to somebody who we didnt see it coming from.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:02 AM