Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Devon Alexander???
Franchize
post Sep 4 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

This MFer and his whole camp is annoying. I wish I could offer up something more elaborate and profound than that. They just are though. They bitch and moan all the time, talking about who they should be fighting, but when he gets those opportunities, something either breaks down in negotiations or he looks less than stellar. Just shut up and fight. And while you're fighting...still shut up. I'm tired of all that noise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 4 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 3 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I agree that devon doesnt fight like he has any fire inside of him. I think Khan would beat him rather easily. Khans reach and activity would give Alexander problems.

No way, Alexander would be all over Khan. Alexander has never looked that impressive to me, but I like what he did against Maidana, and I think he'd do the same to Khan. Effective aggression and clinching, Khan wouldn't be able to handle it, Alexander by KO.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 3 2013, 09:54 PM) *
I think he needs another trainer to get him motivated. He will never get a big money fight with his fighting style and personality. His personality is boring as shit. he is a good guy but he just doesn't have the "it" factor. I am thinking Brother Nas or even Robert Garcia could help him out. Devon looks like he has lost interest in boxing.

khan might be what the doctor ordered....

he's got fire power and looks devastating...but he's chinny enough that he can make devon look like a million bucks. hopefully everyone's attention spans won't remember that khan was just dropped nasty by julio diaz....and stopped by danny garcia. what that gets alexander is not much imo. i have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing him fight floyd. i'd rather watch floyd shadow box...or do mitts with uncle roger.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 4 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2013, 01:15 PM) *
khan might be what the doctor ordered....

he's got fire power and looks devastating...but he's chinny enough that he can make devon look like a million bucks. hopefully everyone's attention spans won't remember that khan was just dropped nasty by julio diaz....and stopped by danny garcia. what that gets alexander is not much imo. i have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing him fight floyd. i'd rather watch floyd shadow box...or do mitts with uncle roger.

Damn you and brutal need to switch names lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2013, 01:19 PM) *
Damn you and brutal need to switch names lol

it's brutual...that's the homie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

IDK about Devon anymore, but it's obvious that he's missing something and whatever "it" is he needs to find it or get it back. He looked good against Maidana but that's about it. He's just not appealing though I am somewhat still a fan of his. He needs to add some new elements to his game. Not just for his carere but if he's going to fight with the big boys at 147, he's going to have to come harder then he has been

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 5 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 4 2013, 08:55 AM) *
No way, Alexander would be all over Khan. Alexander has never looked that impressive to me, but I like what he did against Maidana, and I think he'd do the same to Khan. Effective aggression and clinching, Khan wouldn't be able to handle it, Alexander by KO.

Khan moves and throws fast straight punches. Maidana is light years slower than Khan and a plodder. Now, i'm not a big Khan fan. I just think its a horrible fight for someone who likes to fight at a controlled pace. I think Khan would be all over Alexander and unless Alexander lands a big punch and gets Khan out of there he loses a wide dec.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Sep 5 2013, 02:32 AM
Post #18

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 4 2013, 01:53 AM) *
Sorry, if i never thought he was that good. he's limited in size and arsenal and has benefitted from good match making. When in there with guys like Kotelnik, Bradley and Matthysse he looked very average. Cunningham is a good guy who works for Alexander. If he strays too far from Cunningham, he'll be mismatched and lose to somebody who we didnt see it coming from.

Good matching? He's 6 months older than Terrance Crawford and his resume is ten times better, ridiculous comment.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Sep 5 2013, 02:37 AM
Post #19

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

Devon is the victim of zombie thinking, he is the same age as Crawford and Gary Russell and he has fought Bradley, Maidana, Lucas, Urango, Koetlink, Bailey and Witter and now Khan at 26 only the most low information fans think Devon isn't improving. Look at how he fought Purdy, Devon realized Purdy couldn't hurt him so he let go, Devon would KO Khan.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 5 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 5 2013, 02:37 AM) *
Devon is the victim of zombie thinking, he is the same age as Crawford and Gary Russell and he has fought Bradley, Maidana, Lucas, Urango, Koetlink, Bailey and Witter and now Khan at 26 only the most low information fans think Devon isn't improving. Look at how he fought Purdy, Devon realized Purdy couldn't hurt him so he let go, Devon would KO Khan.

We will see if these morherfuckers get something done instead of fighting this recent string of no hopers.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:16 AM