> Bradley Marquez face off
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 06:15 PM) *
i'll agree to disagree on this one. i scored it a draw.

Cool
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Don't kick yourself man, not everyone has a superior intellect like me lol...i think Bradley was game in that fight with Manny but it doesn't equate to a win. I've yet to see what he did to earn a draw and definitely an official decision in that fight. Manny fought for 60-90 secs of the round and put it on him. That's not good

And now he's fighting Marquez after being popped from pillar to post versus Prvodnikov. Him and Marquez will be a good fight and it could go either way but the Bradley that showed up in his last 3 fights gets his ass whooped by Marquez...he's already at a disadvantage because Marquez has better ring IQ and is a counter puncher.

you know fights are scored, right?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 6 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #33

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 04:04 PM) *
hard to disagree with either of u (bnoles, check) but i think bradley is a several steps above diaz and katsidis. he's going to have to go back to intelligent boxing. i'm afraid that's going to be next to impossible. there's something about all fighters...that once they enter that mode...they can't seem to get out of it. it's rare when it does happen.

+ 10,000

I swear, I was going to respond to check's post, with something along those lines, 'til I read this. I agree....once that door has been opened, it's tough to close. Here's the other thing: while Bradley's been buzzed before, it was usually temporary. However, that iiiish he went through w/ Prod...lasted throughout that fight. Even if he got barely clipped, it had an obvious effect on his balance, stamina, etc. Now, w/ the revelation that fight altered his speech and whatnot for TWO MONTHS??? This isn't the guy to get back in there with.....JMM, IMO, is the Mexican "Cool Hand Luke". He'll be dialed into this one and won't wait and wait and wait for one shot against Pac. I have a feeling, Round 5 or 6 is going to show us if the Prod fight is temporary scar or a "birth mark". I hope the best for Bradley, especially as it pertains to getting away from straight brawling, but I don't see it. If you remember, when he fought Devon, Junior Witter and damn near everyone NOT name Manny P., he pretty much tried to walk them down. This was already, to a degree, part of his DNA. The Prod fight probably just "re-coded" him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 06:57 PM) *
+ 10,000

I swear, I was going to respond to check's post, with something along those lines, 'til I read this. I agree....once that door has been opened, it's tough to close. Here's the other thing: while Bradley's been buzzed before, it was usually temporary. However, that iiiish he went through w/ Prod...lasted throughout that fight. Even if he got barely clipped, it had an obvious effect on his balance, stamina, etc. Now, w/ the revelation that fight altered his speech and whatnot for TWO MONTHS??? This isn't the guy to get back in there with.....JMM, IMO, is the Mexican "Cool Hand Luke". He'll be dialed into this one and won't wait and wait and wait for one shot against Pac. I have a feeling, Round 5 or 6 is going to show us if the Prod fight is temporary scar or a "birth mark". I hope the best for Bradley, especially as it pertains to getting away from straight brawling, but I don't see it. If you remember, when he fought Devon, Junior Witter and damn near everyone NOT name Manny P., he pretty much tried to walk them down. This was already, to a degree, part of his DNA. The Prod fight probably just "re-coded" him.

Barely clipped him? I think he would have knocked out anyone else with a few of those shots! Lol

He did walk those guys down, but he boxed the shit out of abregu.

But as you guys mentioned its yet to be seen if he can stick to that for a whole fight now.. during the interview I did get the feeling he wanted to trade again when he was asked about how his dad told him that he needed to fight smart and he replied " you created this monster", in terms of.him feeling like he has to fight like there is still something to prove from the pac fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 06:51 PM) *
you know fights are scored, right?

No shit, you want a cookie now?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 6 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Barely clipped him? I think he would have knocked out anyone else with a few of those shots! Lol

He did walk those guys down, but he boxed the shit out of abregu.

But as you guys mentioned its yet to be seen if he can stick to that for a whole fight now.. during the interview I did get the feeling he wanted to trade again when he was asked about how his dad told him that he needed to fight smart and he replied " you created this monster", in terms of.him feeling like he has to fight like there is still something to prove from the pac fight.

Check, I'm not talking about all of the punches were light "clips", but as the fight went on, there were times he wasn't hit flush, but wobbled like he took dead square on the chops.

Yes...that's what I'm talkin' about....he still feels like he has something to prove. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the "boxing" Tim Bradley may have permanently left the building.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Sep 6 2013, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 6 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #37

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2013, 12:28 AM) *
Bradley can swarm but even though guys like that have given Juan fits he eventually eats them alive (see katsidis and the diaz fights if you haven't! They are great!). I think Bradley should do both, box and swarm in spots keeping marquez guessing. Bradley has the tools but I think marquez carries the brains in this one.

You're right, the one thing you can't do against counterpunchers is become predictable (which is what Pac did also) and JMM is always looking to set you up as you come to him. I think this fight will go the distance but if there is a KO it will be JMM putting TB to sleep.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 06:57 PM) *
+ 10,000

that's the perfect way of putting it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 07:47 PM) *
No shit, you want a cookie now?

i meant "you know HOW fights are scored, right?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

pac wasn't doing shit in that fight and when he did try to bomb on bradley he missed a shit load of punches and bradley would almost always answer back.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Sep 6 2013, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #40

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 09:04 PM) *
i meant "you know HOW fights are scored, right?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

pac wasn't doing shit in that fight and when he did try to bomb on bradley he missed a shit load of punches and bradley would almost always answer back.

He did and I felt he was game, but I thought Manny did more to win in the short bursts he put on. Maybe I shouldn't say that since there's a fight next weekend and one of the fighters in that fight, also fights in short bursts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My thing with Tim though is that he is being treated unfairly by people masking themselves as fans and he even admitted the backlash is the reason he fought that way against Ruslan. I hope it was a temporary thing but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him...even in the faceoff he has a look about him now like he just ready to go to war. He needs to be more cerebral

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:41 AM