IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is Oscar Putting Too much Pressure of Canelo?
Dolimite
post Sep 4 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

It seems everyday or even every second Oscar is telling anyone who will listen (which is everyone), that his Rooster is going to knock the shit out of Mayweather and the fight will not see round 9. Oscar is guaranteeing a Saul victory. Oscar is talking a lot this fight, more than any other fighter Mayweather has gone up against. He is now even claiming that he really beat Mayweather (coke is a hellva drug). It just seems De La Hoya is not just promoting this fight but he really is behind the notion that Canelo can truly KO Mayweather. he has already talked about a rematch when Canelo wins. Is Oscar making Saul's job that much harder?Is he adding more pressure by all his talk about the fight not going past the 9th round? If I was Oscar, one I would never dressed in fishnets, two, I would not be so adamant about saying my guy will def TKO a fighter that has never been knocked down. I am just curious how Saul internally is taking all this in. Yes he is saying the right things and he seems calm, but at the same time, he has to feel a bit of pressure coming from Golden Boy. If he loses badly then there will be no need for a rematch, and then where does he go from there? He can't fight B and C fighters anymore. There is so much riding on this fight. Personally, Oscar needs to tone it down. We all know how you feel. That extra pressure can be nerve racking. What do yawl think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
MAHDI
post Sep 4 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 4 2013, 10:08 AM) *
It seems everyday or even every second Oscar is telling anyone who will listen (which is everyone), that his Rooster is going to knock the shit out of Mayweather and the fight will not see round 9. Oscar is guaranteeing a Saul victory. Oscar is talking a lot this fight, more than any other fighter Mayweather has gone up against. He is now even claiming that he really beat Mayweather (coke is a hellva drug). It just seems De La Hoya is not just promoting this fight but he really is behind the notion that Canelo can truly KO Mayweather. he has already talked about a rematch when Canelo wins. Is Oscar making Saul's job that much harder?Is he adding more pressure by all his talk about the fight not going past the 9th round? If I was Oscar, one I would never dressed in fishnets, two, I would not be so adamant about saying my guy will def TKO a fighter that has never been knocked down. I am just curious how Saul internally is taking all this in. Yes he is saying the right things and he seems calm, but at the same time, he has to feel a bit of pressure coming from Golden Boy. If he loses badly then there will be no need for a rematch, and then where does he go from there? He can't fight B and C fighters anymore. There is so much riding on this fight. Personally, Oscar needs to tone it down. We all know how you feel. That extra pressure can be nerve racking. What do yawl think?

DLH is gassing up Canelo... and yes he is adding pressure, pressure that will set in and impact his already suspect stamina. People seem to forget how pressure adds to fatigue... boy young Saul is in for a rude awakening.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Yes he is...its becoming a bit too much. In the same breath, Saul IS undefeated, so Oscar's words are believable to the general public (who needs every little reason to buy this fight). He's a promoter, so that's his job, but the vicarious approach that he's taking, is killing me.

Saul isn't a huge trash talker by any stretch of the imagination, but his mysterious demeanor and certainty in his abilities, is enough to convince me, that he doesn't have to trash talk. Again, Oscar's doing his job, so I can't knock him...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 4 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think so, but I get it. He's a promoter, Canelo doesn't speak english or trash talk enough to sell the fight. Everyone's eyes is glued to Floyd. I get it. I'm just tired of hearing De La Hoya talk about passing the torch and Floyd finally meeting his match. Motherfucker...you lost. What torch you passin bruh?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

oscar has too much ego to let anyone outshine him....including the fighters on his roster. the more they fail...the better he looks.

+Quote Post
CheckHook904
post Sep 4 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 12,942

i wish oscar would shut up already...he startin to sound like he canelo's daddy or somethin. Its one thing ta support ya fighter and root for em, but it seems like oscar got too much emotion and personal issues involved in this fight moreso than any other mayweather opponent. Confidence is good, but it kinda seems like De La Hoya and Canelo is underestimatin Floyd,his punchin power and age. In Money's last fight he aint show no signs of looking his age or older,he looked fresh and had bounce to his legs.And he looks fresh and crisp from the training footage ive seen. Canelo looks good in training too, but oscar keeps puttin a world of weight on the kids shoulder with all the talkin instead of letting canelo go out there and do his thing.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Sep 4 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #7

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Pretty tired of De la Hoya at this point. He's a broken record.

As I said in another thread, Canelo is boring for PPV..so, Oscar is kinda trying to do his job and hype the fight for him. But it will add to the pressure..at least a little, which is a good thing - it can either break or make Canelo.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 4 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I know a lot of played sports either in HS or in college. Imagine playing your rival school. Everyone is already pumped and is on edge. They are excited and ready to play. Here comes the fucking principal talking major shit and saying all sorts of shit about the other team. That is added pressure that does not need to be. Its like when someone adds extra salt to grits, no matter how well prepared the grits were cooked and all the extra cheese and butter that was added, the salt kills the fucking taste of the grits. Right now Oscar is that salt for Canelo. Canelo is trying to get his grits at the best temperature and here is Oscar, adding more shit to the recipe then need be.

If I am Saul, I am telling Oscar to shut the fuck up and stop making prediction. Remember the last superstar fighter's team made a prediction? "He would need God to help him out" I think the pressure is little bit too much that Oscar is pushing. It is getting a little heavy. If Nelo doesn't get the KO then what?

Great post everyone!

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 4 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

Are you kidding? Canelo is supposedly the #1 JMW. He's fighting to be the number one p4p fighter. And he wants to be the best. He claims Mayweather lost to DLH and that he can beatbhim.Theres no such thing as to much pressure when you want to be the greatest. You either adjust and rise to the occasion, or you crumble and let everyone see you for the fraud you really are which will be the case with Canelo come sep 14.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 4 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

That aint nowhere near being pressure. If that's the case then he put pressure on every Floyd opponent sicnce he lost to Floyd back in 07.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:16 PM