IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Oscar Putting Too much Pressure of Canelo?
emd01
post Sep 5 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

I see it more as Oscar selling the fight. Most people say Canelo doesnt stand a chance and while I agree he'll get that ass whooped I do think he'll have his moments. As far as pressure...he began that when he signed the contract to fight the #1 fighter in the world. Now he has to deliver...or try to. That has to be an incredible amount of pressure alone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Sep 5 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #12

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

I think the kid handles pressure well..I mean realistically while yes he has more cameras in his face for this fight it's not like he didn't have cameras chasing him all over town before it. It's not like a Robert Guerrero or Victor Ortiz who didn't know what that was like..this kid has been pretty damn famous a while now..hell my mother knows who he is. Regarding Oscar, listen I have been fighting the urge to bet on this fight because of the level of candor Oscar has been speaking with..there is a promoter push of course but it's exceeded that. I can't say I have ever seen a promoter go this far..ever. The way he's guaranteeing a win doesn't bode well for me if this fight goes to the cards because i'm not trying to lose my money on some bullshhhh judges score. It's happened twice in recent memory and it's not been a good feeling for me or my pockets afterwards..something about the ishh Oscar is saying just has me worried about the outcome and I do not think i'm alone in that regard.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 5 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Too late now.....you asked for the fight, you shrewdly negotiated for the fight.....now you HAVE the fight. There is no pressure, only "work", to either give or get. His choice.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 5 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Sep 4 2013, 10:11 PM) *
I think the kid handles pressure well..I mean realistically while yes he has more cameras in his face for this fight it's not like he didn't have cameras chasing him all over town before it. It's not like a Robert Guerrero or Victor Ortiz who didn't know what that was like..this kid has been pretty damn famous a while now..hell my mother knows who he is. Regarding Oscar, listen I have been fighting the urge to bet on this fight because of the level of candor Oscar has been speaking with..there is a promoter push of course but it's exceeded that. I can't say I have ever seen a promoter go this far..ever. The way he's guaranteeing a win doesn't bode well for me if this fight goes to the cards because i'm not trying to lose my money on some bullshhhh judges score. It's happened twice in recent memory and it's not been a good feeling for me or my pockets afterwards..something about the ishh Oscar is saying just has me worried about the outcome and I do not think i'm alone in that regard.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 5 2013, 06:30 AM) *
Too late now.....you asked for the fight, you shrewdly negotiated for the fight.....now you HAVE the fight. There is no pressure, only "work", to either give or get. His choice.

Noles and Boom, so yawl don't think the extra pressure that Oscar is adding doesn't mean anything? I mean shit, if I am Saul, I am telling Oscar to shut the fuck up. I bet 4k for this fight all on Floyd, he has no choice to win. I think Oscar should tone it down. Saying that Canelo is definitely going to knock Mayweather out does not help. Now Saul has to look for the knockout or feel some kind of way to look for the knock out. Saying the fight won't see round 9. that is pressure. Oscar should tone it done because if his fighter looks outclassed then he is going to have problems explaining Saul's performance.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 5 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Oscar is reminding me of a father who trains his son to do what he (the dad) was never able to do, he is doing a lot of wishful thinking simply because he wasn't able to KO Floyd he's just going overboard with it and trying to say anything that he hopes will get Mayweather riled up enough to try and do something out of character to exact revenge/so that he runs into something.

Yes, this is too much pressure for SC, what if he isn't able to KO Floyd in 9 rounds like he said then all the hype about Canelo's so called punching power is out of the window but an even sadder thing would be that if Canelo hits Money with his cleanest and hardest shot and it does nothing at all to Floyd.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 5 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 10:44 AM) *
Noles and Boom, so yawl don't think the extra pressure that Oscar is adding doesn't mean anything? I mean shit, if I am Saul, I am telling Oscar to shut the fuck up. I bet 4k for this fight all on Floyd, he has no choice to win. I think Oscar should tone it down. Saying that Canelo is definitely going to knock Mayweather out does not help. Now Saul has to look for the knockout or feel some kind of way to look for the knock out. Saying the fight won't see round 9. that is pressure. Oscar should tone it done because if his fighter looks outclassed then he is going to have problems explaining Saul's performance.

I mean, how much "extra" pressure can be added to the biggest moment of your life? I mean, in order for there to be extra pressure, it insinuates the stakes weren't at a maximum height to begin with....and we both know that isn't true.

I get what you're saying, but I'm just saying, "pressure" was TRYING to get the fight....touring and selling the fight to the masses. Now, that he's back to training....it's only work or GET worked.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 6 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

Oscar is promoting the fight and canelo is in a win-win situation

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 5 2013, 09:40 PM) *
I mean, how much "extra" pressure can be added to the biggest moment of your life? I mean, in order for there to be extra pressure, it insinuates the stakes weren't at a maximum height to begin with....and we both know that isn't true.

I get what you're saying, but I'm just saying, "pressure" was TRYING to get the fight....touring and selling the fight to the masses. Now, that he's back to training....it's only work or GET worked.

So when the fight gets to the 9th round and there is no knock out then what?

Oscar is doing more than promoting. His heart is in this fight and his hope. if this young rooster beats the shit out of the pound for pound king, its money in the bank for the next 15 years.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 6 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 11:24 AM) *
So when the fight gets to the 9th round and there is no knock out then what?

Oscar is doing more than promoting. His heart is in this fight and his hope. if this young rooster beats the shit out of the pound for pound king, its money in the bank for the next 15 years.

You're missing the point. The moment he secured this fight, he had insurmountable pressure. It was a 10/10. While it's cool and descriptive to say, "on a scale of 1-10, it's a 15...", but it's not possible. This is THE biggest fight dude is EVER going to fight (unless, he fights a grizzly bear or is in a real-live version of OZ). There is NO more pressure to place upon him. If he doesn't KO him, but wins, let's be real; who's going to hold that against dude? Who's going to say, "Yeah, you beat Floyd, but you didn't KO him..."? In THAT aspect, Oscar is just selling tickets, no real pressure. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Canelo saying anything other than, "It's my time and I'll beat Mayweather". He didn't say HOW he was going to do it. He WANTS Canelo to beat Floyd (that much is in his heart), but if I had to bet, he knows "what's what".

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 11:26 AM) *
You're missing the point. The moment he secured this fight, he had insurmountable pressure. It was a 10/10. While it's cool and descriptive to say, "on a scale of 1-10, it's a 15...", but it's not possible. This is THE biggest fight dude is EVER going to fight (unless, he fights a grizzly bear or is in a real-live version of OZ). There is NO more pressure to place upon him. If he doesn't KO him, but wins, let's be real; who's going to hold that against dude? Who's going to say, "Yeah, you beat Floyd, but you didn't KO him..."? In THAT aspect, Oscar is just selling tickets, no real pressure. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Canelo saying anything other than, "It's my time and I'll beat Mayweather". He didn't say HOW he was going to do it. He WANTS Canelo to beat Floyd (that much is in his heart), but if I had to bet, he knows "what's what".

I get what you are saying. He asked to sit at the big boy table and he got his wish. However, Canelo has said that he thinks he can knock out Mayweather and even said that he will be looking for it. Go to Boxingscene all his quotes are their. On the front page he said, the key was to counter punch Mayweather and apply smart pressure (his plan is to counter punch a counter puncher, okay). In one week we will find out what Saul is made of. Can't wait.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 12:53 PM