> Floyd and Bob, Friends Again
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:59 PM) *
anyone else feel bob is full of shit and lying about not talking to andre ward???

at one point he says something about 'not being at liberty...' then he back tracks and says...'i wouldn't talk to him in the first place because he's under contract blah,blah,blah...'

fuckin lawyers. smh.

Arum's a POS but good luck with him getting to Ward, that other scumbag J Prince is reeking havoc all over the sport. I find it mighty funny how Ward is beefing with HBO now and his promoter. And how Ward's promoter has taken issue with Prince going behind his back doing certain things like trying to make deals with HBO without his knowledge. And look at the recent interview with Kathy Duva today where the Adamek and Jennings fight is now off..he did the same thing behind her back and met HBO..a 50/50 split for that fight? That's absurd...Jennings fought so frequently but since he's been with Prince he's fought once. The guy is no good, he's a leach...I can only imagine how Ward is getting screwed now but by both Prince and Arum?? That's too much
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Arum's a POS but good luck with him getting to Ward, that other scumbag J Prince is reeking havoc all over the sport. I find it mighty funny how Ward is beefing with HBO now and his promoter. And how Ward's promoter has taken issue with Prince going behind his back doing certain things like trying to make deals with HBO without his knowledge. And look at the recent interview with Kathy Duva today where the Adamek and Jennings fight is now off..he did the same thing behind her back and met HBO..a 50/50 split for that fight? That's absurd...Jennings fought so frequently but since he's been with Prince he's fought once. The guy is no good, he's a leach...I can only imagine how Ward is getting screwed now but by both Prince and Arum?? That's too much

i feel for the dude...but i can't reach.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 7 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #33

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 09:18 PM) *

when was this?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 7 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Think about it...all Floyd and Bob have to do, is sucker the world into thinking that there's even a pubic hair's possibility of this "megafight" happening. In that case, boxing lives on and keeps people on their toes...for something that never going to happen of course. Its not about a May weather/Pacquiao fight...its bigger than that...its about boxing. What other marketable fight is there for Floyd, after the Canelo fight? What other marketable fight is out there for Manny? It's clear that boxing is about to reach a "slow pace" by the end of this year...so this Arum/Floyd love is all publicity.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 7 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 7 2013, 12:11 AM) *
when was this?

Don't you remember a few months back when Ward tried to break free from his promoter. He was citing issues that his promoter was not doing what he was supposed to do and he thought he was in violation of their agreement...Ward's promoter hit back saying that J prince was doing things behind his back with HBO and trying to setup stuff for Andre. that's all good and well but at the end of the day the promoter signs off on those things. Same with Duva, Jennings is turning down opponents left and right, only fought once this year as opposed to four last year and that's since he's been with J prince. Dude is a bum

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 7 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 09:52 PM) *
i feel for the dude...but i can't reach.

So do I but hour put himself in that position

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 7 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 7 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Think about it...all Floyd and Bob have to do, is sucker the world into thinking that there's even a pubic hair's possibility of this "megafight" happening. In that case, boxing lives on and keeps people on their toes...for something that never going to happen of course. Its not about a May weather/Pacquiao fight...its bigger than that...its about boxing. What other marketable fight is there for Floyd, after the Canelo fight? What other marketable fight is out there for Manny? It's clear that boxing is about to reach a "slow pace" by the end of this year...so this Arum/Floyd love is all publicity.

If LM KO's Garcia and if the media can build up enough hype around Lucas for his punching power then they could easily sell the Floyd vs LM fight and maybe this is what Bob and Floyd are both thinking, either way if it isn't LM then it's going to have to be either the winner of Pac vs Rios (less likely due to the TR vs HBO and GBP vs TR thing) or the winner of Bradley vs JMM which still fits the aforementioned bout.

One thing is for certain that since this is only Money's 2nd fight out of the 6 fight deal, he still needs 4 other viable candidates and TR own the bigger names so maybe he and Arum both see the light at the end of the tunnel, after all it's only more money for both of them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 7 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 6 2013, 01:36 AM) *
when?

floyd/pac...or floyd/bradley. i don't think they're going to leave that money sitting on the table.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 7 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #39

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2013, 09:21 PM) *
floyd/pac...or floyd/bradley. i don't think they're going to leave that money sitting on the table.

yeah, that's what I'm saying.....we all know how much Floyd loves Money but let's not forget that Bob is the one who makes slave contracts with his fighters so he has to be equally as greedy and a Lawyer to boot.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 7 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 7 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Don't you remember a few months back when Ward tried to break free from his promoter. He was citing issues that his promoter was not doing what he was supposed to do and he thought he was in violation of their agreement...Ward's promoter hit back saying that J prince was doing things behind his back with HBO and trying to setup stuff for Andre. that's all good and well but at the end of the day the promoter signs off on those things. Same with Duva, Jennings is turning down opponents left and right, only fought once this year as opposed to four last year and that's since he's been with J prince. Dude is a bum

That's what I thought. dan goossen and ward have to sign off on things. I don't understand why he would go behind his back.

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Sep 7 2013, 11:28 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:55 PM