Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> where does floyd go after canelo
truth
post Sep 5 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,835

here is my question ive seen where a lot of people feel if floyd beats canelo he wont have anyone to fight but i believe he is going to move up in weight now as far fetched as it may seem considering floyd walks around at his normal fight weight he is getting older so its possible with that he is gaining weight plus when he went to jail he packed on more muscle then he had previously that being said i could see floyd fighting lmartinez, lara, martirosyan, and others. which would also produce that he could possibly lose feel which would produce good numbers not like canelo but good numbers. now if he stayed at welter weight fights with thurman garcia matthysee winner and with him and bob possibly working out their relationship bradley if he beats marquez and maybe pac if he beats rios. but i think he will continue to fight a jmw because thats where the money will be at for him after he beats canelo

This post has been edited by truth: Sep 5 2013, 08:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
KOpower
post Sep 5 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

He will fight (and easily beat) the winner of the Lucas-Garcia fight in May. That fight will do marginal numbers considering what Mayweather is getting paid and that will put pressure on him (by Showtime) to make a mega-fight for the fall.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Sep 5 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

There's Lucas, Danny, Khan, Devon, Thurman ( 2 years from now or so) at 147. There is talent at 154 but not many names aside from Cotto and Canelo. Here's hoping he takes on the Bradley-JMM winner somehow.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 5 2013, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He has plenty of options, though I do believe his toughest challenges after the Canelo fight aren't with GB. He can fight Danny or Lucas, whoever wins that fight, Thurman isn't ready yet but he could be towards the end of next year. Khan will bring in some numbers and money. And if it were possible Bradley would be a good fight. I wouldn't mind seeing him knock Martinez into retirement. Now's a good time to fight him as any

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 5 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

To the bank!

If Tim is smart, after his JMM, he should demand a Floyd fight. I would love to see that. I think Bradley would give May fits. Like some mentioned, he has plenty of options. Hell, he could even rematch Canelo for the hell of it, at 154. So he has options.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 5 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

....the couch. Should he win in convincing fashion against Carrot Top, he's gonna sit back and chill....let that win marinate and comeback w/ a surprising opponent (sarcasm).

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Are we talking like he already won here? Cause a lot of people keep doing that. Floyd is on another level, but we have seen guys get beat no matter how many levels above competition they seem to be.

Yall and dolomite are asking for the jinx of a lifetime lol. All it takes is one punch, a quick stoppage, or a fucked up scorecard.

The guy still has to fight next Saturday lol come on now

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 6 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I wait till next week

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 6 2013, 08:00 AM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

Well theres always been talks about Floyd going to the UK for the winner of Khan Alexander but that fight makes no sense legacy wise against Khan or financially wise against Alexander. Yes Amir Khan has a nice following in the UK but i dont think ppvs are offered for fights over seas and everyone knows Khan is a good fighter with no chin. He didnt look that impressive in his last outing and I'm pretty sure Devon will beat him. There's also Mayweather Vs. the winner of Mattysse-Garcia but i think that fight should happen in sep 2014. After "The One" those fighters will have to take some touches at 147 before they face the king of that division and i dont think they'll get two solid fights in that weight class by may 2014. Theres something stirring between Broner and Mattysse and Broners been calling Matthysse out. I can see Matthysse fighting Thurman for the interim WBA then Broner after Broner beats Maidana. Then if Matthysse beats Broner, Shotime will try to use that as a blyeprint to beat Floyd since Broner has a similar style. No way Broner fights Floyd unless its Floyd's last fight of his career. When Broner beats Maidana he'll fight the Garcia/Matthysse winner.

Besides the Garcia/Matthysse winner, Khan/Alexander winner, Broner, or a Rematch w/Canelo all the true legacy defining fights are at Top Rank/DiBella Ent.

There's the winner or Marquez-Bradley. And i have a feeling if Marquez wins and does at least 1.2 w/Bradley Floyd will fight Marquez again.
There's the Sergio Martinez who wants to face Floyd as his last fight. Floyd would have every advantage over Sergio besides size. Martinez is injury prone, older, and he'd be coming down from 160 to 154. Howwever i'd like to see Floyd get a title at 160 even though thats a major stretch.
There's of course Pac-Man considering he beats Rios which I think will produce big numbers no matter what. Floyd and Pac are A-list celebs so they'll do great numbers together regardless of their records.

Idk. after Canelo Floyd has four fights left. This is what I'd love to see. I just want to see Floyd become an undisputed champ at 147 before he retires. And collect all the belts. He's been at that weight class for too long not to be an undisputed champ.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 5 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Are we talking like he already won here? Cause a lot of people keep doing that. Floyd is on another level, but we have seen guys get beat no matter how many levels above competition they seem to be.

Yall and dolomite are asking for the jinx of a lifetime lol. All it takes is one punch, a quick stoppage, or a fucked up scorecard.

The guy still has to fight next Saturday lol come on now

Check, I have been saying for day one that they will try and rob Mayweather, they may even rob him. You are right, one punch changes everything. Floyd may underestimate Saul and his boxing ability, or like BHOp said, it may not be Floyd's night, he may come in totally unprepared. I have no idea. What I do know is, Floyd looks a lot massive and bigger and he seems focused. So does Saul. I have no idea what is going to happen next Saturday. What I do know is I have 4K worth of bets on Floyd and his ass better be up to fight. So who knows. But I go with history and history says Floyd.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:05 AM