Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catchweight Blame Leveled at Floyd, Nearly every boxing site except here
BrutUalBK
post Sep 8 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Why is the blame for the CW fight being leveled at Floyd when it is apparently clear that Canelo opened his big mouth first and said he wanted to go to 150 for the fight against Floyd? Nearly every boxing website with the exception of FH forum is blaming Mayweather for the CW but read this and we should stick to our guns and not be conformist like other websites:

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alvarez-il...ather-jr--46563
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 8 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 8 2013, 07:23 PM) *
Why is the blame for the CW fight being leveled at Floyd when it is apparently clear that Canelo opened his big mouth first and said he wanted to go to 150 for the fight against Floyd? Nearly every boxing website with the exception of FH forum is blaming Mayweather for the CW but read this and we should stick to our guns and not be conformist like other websites:

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alvarez-il...ather-jr--46563

Because its FLOYD. It is like how they solely blame Floyd for the Pac fight not happening. He is an easy target. People do not do their research or read. Who is more believable? The arrogant black guy or the fresh new face Canelo? There it is. I read where Canelo's team repeatedly said that they would fight Floyd at any weight. His team was stupid for printing it. If I am Floyd or his team, I am printing out the article on boxing scene that stated where they said that they would fight Floyd at 150/ It is bullshit. Let them explain their own fucking words!

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 8 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 8 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Because its FLOYD. It is like how they solely blame Floyd for the Pac fight not happening. He is an easy target. People do not do their research or read. Who is more believable? The arrogant black guy or the fresh new face Canelo? There it is. I read where Canelo's team repeatedly said that they would fight Floyd at any weight. His team was stupid for printing it. If I am Floyd or his team, I am printing out the article on boxing scene that stated where they said that they would fight Floyd at 150/ It is bullshit. Let them explain their own fucking words!

It's funny you mentioned that because I was thinking the same thing, he should print it out and take it on All Access and then let them see if they can try to defend themselves with their own commentary.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 8 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I don't understand why they are complaining about the weight after the contract has been signed. If you agreed to make the weight just shut up and make it. All of the finger pointing and trash talk should have been done during the negotiations.

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 9 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

They are setting us for the rematch after Floyd whoops that head the will say if it wasnt for the catch weight we would have won

+Quote Post
ft280t
post Sep 9 2013, 03:16 AM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,917

Does anyone know how I can stream the fight in Australia

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 9 2013, 04:23 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

because hes a hypocrite.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Sep 9 2013, 06:18 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

beacause he is a hypocrit. he is doing exactly wat pacman did to cotto. hes making a bigger man drop 2 pounds to make it even, but thats not ok if you have been the one in the past to bash catchweights. what happen to floyds own words "i wanna fight the best miguell cotto possible, at 154." so then you mean to telll me you dont wanna fight the best canelo possible? at the exact same weight? what happened to wanting to fight the guy at his best? i thouhgt pacquiao was the catchweight king. now floyd does it, and now he realizes why pacquiao has done it in the past. its because floyd, with this fight, has actually stepped up to someone difficult, where we all didnt know if he would win 100%, and its a t a bigger weight than hes use to. pacquiao did the same thing when he jumped up to welterweight, and thats why we saw catchweights. im glad hes geting the finger point at him, he deserves it. i know hes gonna smoke canelo easy but he deserves to get shit on for this

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 9 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I'm a huge Floyd fan but really he set himself up for this one. It does make him seem hypocritical for talking so much shit about CWs then fighting at one. He shouldve just whooped the kids ass at 154...and he would have like he's going to Sat.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 9 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 9 2013, 01:23 AM) *
because hes a hypocrite.

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Sep 9 2013, 03:18 AM) *
beacause he is a hypocrit. he is doing exactly wat pacman did to cotto. hes making a bigger man drop 2 pounds to make it even, but thats not ok if you have been the one in the past to bash catchweights. what happen to floyds own words "i wanna fight the best miguell cotto possible, at 154." so then you mean to telll me you dont wanna fight the best canelo possible? at the exact same weight? what happened to wanting to fight the guy at his best? i thouhgt pacquiao was the catchweight king. now floyd does it, and now he realizes why pacquiao has done it in the past. its because floyd, with this fight, has actually stepped up to someone difficult, where we all didnt know if he would win 100%, and its a t a bigger weight than hes use to. pacquiao did the same thing when he jumped up to welterweight, and thats why we saw catchweights. im glad hes geting the finger point at him, he deserves it. i know hes gonna smoke canelo easy but he deserves to get shit on for this

Hypocritical would mean he asked for the catch weight and demanded Canelo fight at this weight. The difference with Pac and Floyd, Pac demanded his opponents at a catch weight. I don't recall Cotto saying, I would fight Pac at 144. I don't remember him saying that. What Canelo's team did was say that they would fight May at a catchweight in order to make the fight happen. In the words of the detective from Menace II Society "You know ya done fucked up right?" they fucked themselves up by stating this. Don't put a house that is worth 2.5 million dollars on the market for 500K just to get people interested and then get mad when the person is like "here is your 500K now give me my house" That was his teams fault not May's. Sorry. Big difference.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:40 AM