> Catchweight Blame Leveled at Floyd, Nearly every boxing site except here
The Original MrF...
post Sep 11 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2013, 07:37 PM) *
if he's not tied to them...what's stopping him from promoting his own shows without gbp? it's not that hard to get a promoters license.

Thats the way I've read through the lines over the year. I was harshly criticized by the flomos for pointing this out on this very site. The question remains that if Mayweather Promotions is a legit company, why do richard Schaeffer and ODLH always seem to run shit during Mayweather fights. Its simple, because they are taking a few oxtails out of Mayweathers gravy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 11 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Thats the way I've read through the lines over the year. I was harshly criticized by the flomos for pointing this out on this very site. The question remains that if Mayweather Promotions is a legit company, why do richard Schaeffer and ODLH always seem to run shit during Mayweather fights. Its simple, because they are taking a few oxtails out of Mayweathers gravy.

thanks. now i gotta hit up the jamaican spot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm a floyd fan...but moreso than a floyd fan...i'm a boxing fan. i know how these things work. it's all part of business. the killer is that floyd is taking it all in stride while oscar, although he's clearly benefitting from the situation, is distressed from it all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) his hate for floyd is intense. it's consuming him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 11 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2013, 06:37 PM) *
if he's not tied to them...what's stopping him from promoting his own shows without gbp? it's not that hard to get a promoters license.

I'm only telling you what I've read. I have not seen anything that would suggest that he's property like you and the cosigner are suggesting. It's been said multiple times in articles that he leases GB out for a fee. How the f*ck you tied to someone when you giving them a flat rate. You may know business but I run businesses and that makes no damn sense lol

I looked it up and I've came up with nothing that suggest what your assuming. I call ducktales on this. Can't assume with zero evidence to back it up. The facts are he pays GB a fee for their services, and there's articles out there stating it. until I see proof of these claims I can't take them seriously

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 11 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #54

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2013, 05:15 PM) *
thanks. now i gotta hit up the jamaican spot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm a floyd fan...but moreso than a floyd fan...i'm a boxing fan. i know how these things work. it's all part of business. the killer is that floyd is taking it all in stride while oscar, although he's clearly benefitting from the situation, is distressed from it all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) his hate for floyd is intense. it's consuming him.

It made him snort and drink again. damn shame!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 12 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #55

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 11 2013, 09:55 PM) *
I'm only telling you what I've read. I have not seen anything that would suggest that he's property like you and the cosigner are suggesting. It's been said multiple times in articles that he leases GB out for a fee. How the f*ck you tied to someone when you giving them a flat rate. You may know business but I run businesses and that makes no damn sense lol

I looked it up and I've came up with nothing that suggest what your assuming. I call ducktales on this. Can't assume with zero evidence to back it up. The facts are he pays GB a fee for their services, and there's articles out there stating it. until I see proof of these claims I can't take them seriously

I don't get why he would WANT to promote his own cards without gbp. Seems like he has a good deal, he pays a flat rate and they do good work. You guys must have forgot the days shortly after he left arum where he had Andre wards guy do his cards, that shit was terrible! Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 11 2013, 08:55 PM) *

boxing is my business mane. u don't sign to fight a guy like dlh while he's near the top of his career without giving up something. it's been done several times throughout the history of the sport. jim braddock signed to fight joe louis and part of the agreement was for joe to give up a percentage of his earnings for the rest of his career to jim braddock. dlh gets paid whenever floyd fights. same with pac. they probably won't discuss these things openly because fighters sign non-disclosure contracts that forbid them from doing so. the evidence is that floyd hasn't had a single fight that didn't involve oscar since they fought. it's not hard to get a promoters license. with floyds 123million dollar bank account i'm sure he can get what ever license he wants. him and oscar are connected at the hip for the rest of his career. i'm not a gambling man....but i'd be willing to bet that is the case.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 12 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #57

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I've been reading around, and seeing people crying about the catchweight, STILL. We all know that the man with the gold (read: PPV star, highest earner) has all of the leverage going into negotiations, period.

What I find funny is, how Canelo attempted to get Floyd to sign a contract, stating that he'd still fight him in September, REGARDLESS of the outcome of the Trout fight. Now, we all know how that ended, right? So why was Canelo's team so disturbed about the catchweight that THEY signed for?

Remember the rematch clause for the Canelo/Trout fight? Didn't read somewhere along the lines of, "if Canelo wins, then Trout doesn't get an immediate rematch, but if Trout wins, then he has to immediately rematch Canelo"? Yeah...that clause.

So I'm wondering why Canelo's team is acting like they had a choice. If they had the leverage that they THOUGHT they had, then this very fight wouldn't even be happening right now...hence Mayweather/Pacquiao never happening.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 12 2013, 01:22 PM) *
I've been reading around, and seeing people crying about the catchweight, STILL. We all know that the man with the gold (read: PPV star, highest earner) has all of the leverage going into negotiations, period.

What I find funny is, how Canelo attempted to get Floyd to sign a contract, stating that he'd still fight him in September, REGARDLESS of the outcome of the Trout fight. Now, we all know how that ended, right? So why was Canelo's team so disturbed about the catchweight that THEY signed for?

Remember the rematch clause for the Canelo/Trout fight? Didn't read somewhere along the lines of, "if Canelo wins, then Trout doesn't get an immediate rematch, but if Trout wins, then he has to immediately rematch Canelo"? Yeah...that clause.

So I'm wondering why Canelo's team is acting like they had a choice. If they had the leverage that they THOUGHT they had, then this very fight wouldn't even be happening right now...hence Mayweather/Pacquiao never happening.

very good points!!! truth of the matter....canelo needs floyd...not the other way around.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 12 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #59

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

As someone said before Floyd KNOWS people won't give him the credit he deserves if he beats Canelo at 152 and he was so admant about the no catchweight thing when he fought Cotto. Being that Canelo weighed in at 153 anyways against Trout he shouldnt have left his critics any room to breath. 152/154 I'm sure it wouldnt make a difference. Just fight the kid at 154 for cripes sakes. I'm a fan of Floyd but not of CW. STAY IN YOUR WEIGHT CLASS. 154 wouldve made no difference. Mayweather shot himself in the foot.

At the same token you have to respect Floyds decision to have the fight at 152 because this is also a mental game. He probably feels that this will give him some sort of mental leverage against Carrot top. And if you look at it form another perspective Floyd actually helped Canelo by giving him two pounds to spare. Canelo DID say 150 Floyd allowed the fight to happen at 152.

As far as Canelo is concerned his team is definitely inept as Ellerbe said. If Floyd really wanted o be a bitch about it he wouldve only signed for this fight at 150. Canelo should be thanking Floyd that he gave him 2 pounds. 2 pounds that probably will save his life. Yes things change over time. But Its not like Canelo moved up in weight. He was a Jnr middleweight then and he's still a jnr middleweight now. Beggars can't be choosers. Right now Floyd is the hot commodity and Caenlo just has to accept his position and walk away with his lottery ticket quietly. Floyd was in the same position when he fought oscar.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 12 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #60

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2013, 09:30 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

slow your roll lil' homie. think back long and hard...because i was the one at dhb that revealed the whole thing about rehydration clauses and what not. i'm also one of the ones that pointed out the difficulties of making weight and how 1lb can take the life out of a fighter. all i'm saying is either he's fighting ppl at catchweights or he ain't. if he's going to criticize anyone for doing it....then turn around and do it...whether they asked for it or not...that makes him a hypocrite. floyd was in the drivers seat and could have waved the catch weight. he didn't. end of story. u starting to sound like a flomo.

One thing is clear that you are forgetting, Floyd didn't ask Canelo to cut weight, he actually gave him 2lbs over what Saul said he'd fight Mayweather at. I'm no Flomo and I call it as I see it (which is more than I can say for many so called "boxing" fans) but had Floyd said Canelo you must fight me at 150 or 152 instead of 154 then I'd be calling Money a Hypocrite because he would be doing what Pac did to his opponents for which this is not the case.

Keep in mind, it was Canelo who said 150 and Floyd said "no, I'll even it up and give you 152" so again, why is the blame being leveled at Floyd when it is clear that he gave Canelo 2 lbs over what Saul said he wanted the fight at??

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:15 AM