IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Speaking of RJJr...Crowd Pleaser or not?
mitukczuk
post Sep 11 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Seeing RJJ mentioned in the "physically gifted" thread Ive started wondering - while searching for RJJ vs Trinidad fight at the same time.

Can you think of a fighter who did things in the ring purely for the crowd? I don't mean being crowd pleasing in terms of fighting (Pacquiao for instance) but in terms of pure entertainment. To me, Roy always seemed to me as if he was trying to please the crowd first. And he paid for it - he was clowning around in the Lebedev fight etc. Although he himself must have noticed he aint what he used to be, he still tried to get the crowd cheering for him, which in a way is stupid as he doesn't have what it takes to back it up anymore.

Someone like Naseem or SRL comes to mind, but these guys were showmen but i think they were rather showcasing their ego. RJJ is the same, but I feel his story is a bit different.

So, is there any fighter in your mind who you are watching and you are like "Man, this guy is fun to watch"...? I know 99% of them fights for money...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Sep 11 2013, 02:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Sep 12 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Mayorga! Can't get a bigger show off than that. He literally let people hit him for the sake of trying to be a bad ass.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 12 2013, 12:43 PM) *
Mayorga! Can't get a bigger show off than that. He literally let people hit him for the sake of trying to be a bad ass.

he wasn't really taking those shots.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:49 AM