IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo vs Trout, Am I the only person who thinks this fight was closer than it seems.
emd01
post Sep 12 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

I scored the fight 7-5 for Canelo but would never argue with anyone that had Trout winning. It was a very close fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 12 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #12

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

I had it 7-5 canelo with advantage being the knock down the fight was trouts to lose he in book had the better tools. I also feel if it was remotely close they would have gave it to him anyway. that being said the fight was very close I also feel that if the Mayweather fight is closed that they will score also: score for Canelo

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 12 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Sep 12 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Am I the only person who thinks that fight was pretty close? People are talking as if Canelo walked all over Trout and I really feel they are putting too much emphasis on his performance. I have no problem with him getting the win b/c i believe he did win the fight but IMO the KD was difference. Trout is no Mayweather when it comes to speed and defense. I think Canelo is great fighter but I'm wondering if the Trout fight is a good measuring stick to see how he fairs against Mayweather. Let's not forget that this fight was in Texas and they where doing open scoring which I think ultimately caused Trout to alter his game plan and fight in a way that he is not accustom to. Anyway I want to know what you guys think.

I thought Trout won the fight, he landed jabs all night long that apparently weren't even counted, he had Canelo hurt and backpedalling, yes he got hurt with one shot but other than that moment what other stand out moments did Saul have in that fight??

I cannot think of one for the life of me but I saw Trout get up after the knockdown and still bring it to Canelo, he clearly outboxed him in terms of ring generalship, effective aggression and defense but because Trout was damn near in Mexico (Texico) he was against the crowd and I believe the judges were being heavily influenced by them as well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 12 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Trout won the fight, Canelo landed the harder shots but Trout was more effective working off the jab...Canelo was wild in there at times. If this fight was anywhere but Texas it would've went the other way

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 12 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Trout won in my opinion by a razor thin margin. The knockdown was the difference, to me. Had he not gotten knocked down, it would have been a draw at best. I thought Canelo got favorable treatment with this one. However, he did shpow that he was a much better fighter than we all realized. Prior to the fight there were many on this very site who thought that Trout would beat Mayweather, based on his outclassing of Cotto. Canelo comes in and squeeks by with a wind aided victory over Trout and suddenly Trout was garbage.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 13 2013, 01:46 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 12 2013, 11:07 AM) *
lets be real trout wasn't going to win a decision against canelo.

not when you have a future floyd vs canelo fight looming.

As soon as I heard the fight was in Texas it was over. Come on guys.. Texas, do we need to watch paulie vs diaz post fight interview again?

I had trout up 3 points, wasn't complete dominance but canelo didn't so nearly enough to win the majority of the rounds. It's like these people that argue for Tim Bradley against pac.

Trout was busier more effective and consistent... Just not in Texas I guess.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 13 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #17

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Bottom line, like my bro Cshel has said you can't fight to lose That is what Trout did. He had what it took to beat Canelo, except the heart and the desire to win. Its bullshit!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 13 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I had Canelo winning slightly. I think I had it where the KD was the difference. It was certainly a close fight. I feel like Trout's body language lost him the fight. He seemed dejected after he hit the canvas. I think that was more so due to the open scoring (dumb shit) than the actual punch itself.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i scored that fight a split decision....with canelo winning because of the knockdown and because it was in texas and because he's a red headed mexican so he had open scoring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 14 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Sep 12 2013, 10:08 AM) *
Am I the only person who thinks that fight was pretty close? People are talking as if Canelo walked all over Trout and I really feel they are putting too much emphasis on his performance. I have no problem with him getting the win b/c i believe he did win the fight but IMO the KD was difference. Trout is no Mayweather when it comes to speed and defense. I think Canelo is great fighter but I'm wondering if the Trout fight is a good measuring stick to see how he fairs against Mayweather. Let's not forget that this fight was in Texas and they where doing open scoring which I think ultimately caused Trout to alter his game plan and fight in a way that he is not accustom to. Anyway I want to know what you guys think.

People talking about Canelo walking all over Trout are delusional. It was close and I had Trout edging it, but whatever.

GB had better make the rematch after Canelo loses tonight. Trout knows he fucked up and will do better in Alvarez vs. Trout II.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 14 2013, 08:28 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:44 AM