IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

39 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV/CC:Mayweather vs. Alvarez/Matthysse vs. Garcia-SPOILERS!, ABSOLUTELY NO NEW SPOILER THREADS OR PUBLIC STREAMS ALLOWED!
BrutUalBK
post Sep 15 2013, 02:40 AM
Post #261

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 15 2013, 02:13 AM) *
I disagree. I thought Canelo fought pretty well. It took Floyd a while to get comfortable and land anything more than a jab. I thought Canelo fought a solid fight but ultimately...it's Floyd. No shame in losing to Mayweather. Chico got embarassed. I don't get how you could make that argument.

I got the argument simply because Chico got knocked down because at least he was trying to make a fight of it, Canelo didn't do anything at all for most of the fight but a half-assed attempt to outbox Floyd, take away the knockdowns in the Corrales fight and at least he was bringing it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #262

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 15 2013, 03:04 AM) *
Did anyone else think Floyd made this fight look easier than when he faced Chico Corrales?? I scored it a complete shut out, he took Canelo's best punches (so much for his so called punching power) and he took that kid to school. It looked like another case of the Professor vs the Student, Bruce Lee vs Jackie Chan.

CJ Ross should go and hang herself with that horrible scoring.

I want to read how this fight could possibly be in comparison to the Corrales fight, in your opinion. I think it's owed to the majority that disagree's with your analogy. This fight was NOT one sided and did NOT end in a TKO stoppage after 5 knockdown. My point pretty much compares to what Franchize posted.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 15 2013, 02:54 AM
Post #263

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Mayweather is a bad man. I thought mayweather had some of his best shots early in the fight and was actually TRADING at times. He did look tense

But I could see someone giving canelo four rounds at most. Not a shut out though

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 15 2013, 02:57 AM
Post #264

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Damn, except for the Smith/Molina fight(Jay Nady sucks btw), this was a great night of fights.

Garcia/Matthysse-DAMN!!! Have to give Danny props for his Abner Mares-esque performance. That kid has a chin of granite seriously. I'm seriously not looking forward to replacing my "BHop checks out Mrs. Js' tits" sig with whatever shit they come up with for the sig bet thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Danny "Nut Crusher" Garcia is better than I gave him credit for...kid can box.

Mayweather/Alvarez-LMMFAO!!! It was the Guerrero fight all over again. That kid didnt win a damn round. Floyd should go on and kick Martinez' ass. I dont see Sergio fucking with Floyd. After this ass whooping I really think theyre going to have a hard time selling an opponent. Floyd should change his name to Flawless. CJ Ross mustve been sitting on a cucumber during the fight...something was up that ass.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 15 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #265

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I had this fight a shut out. Of course, it was nothing like he did to Diego but I had Floyd winning every single round and easily. Youre grasping if you had Canelo winning four rounds. What did he land like 4 or 5 clean shots? Looked like the RG fight to me...just a master class.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 15 2013, 03:18 AM
Post #266

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Master scoresheet for Mayweather-Canelo (Credit: Fightnews)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mayweather...204#more-226204

Jack

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 15 2013, 03:32 AM
Post #267

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Diego literally followed Floyd around the ring. I think that had made Floyds punches more effective. Canelo was never that come forward fighter that could make his 15 lb weight advantage relevant. This was Mayweather vs Marquez except Floyd was the one undersized.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 15 2013, 03:35 AM
Post #268

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 15 2013, 04:03 AM) *
I had this fight a shut out. Of course, it was nothing like he did to Diego but I had Floyd winning every single round and easily. Youre grasping if you had Canelo winning four rounds. What did he land like 4 or 5 clean shots? Looked like the RG fight to me...just a master class.

I said I could see someone giving him four rounds. I gave him three, mostly on sheer activity but other than that he did nothing in ky opinion to merit more rounds. Some rounds were close but mayweather landed the more effective shots, dictated pace, and avoided nearly 300 punches according to showstats who were on canelos Dick with a Passion

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 15 2013, 04:05 AM
Post #269

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Corrales chased Floyd all night and got punished. RIP Chico but Baldomir looked better vs Floyd than Chico. I think you may need to re-watch that fight again. Only world class opponent you could say Floyd beat worse was maybe Gatti. The Marquez beat down wasn't even as bad as the Corrales demolition.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 15 2013, 04:08 AM
Post #270

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If I may add, Theophane/Cano was rather entertaining as well. Jay Nady and CJ Ross soured an otherwise perfect night of boxing

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:13 PM