mrchitown
post Oct 5 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #61

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 5 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Chavez Jr?

And he almost blew it lol. When in look at Martinez i think he peaked after besting Williams, he hasnt looked good since. Except in the Julio fight that he almost jizzed away but I think he lost to Murray and he looked like shit I'm that fight. He's a small MW with all them injuries. If I was a boxer looking for a belt I'd honestly take a shot at him instead of the others

Name the other MW champs and I don't find one name that I'd favor Cotto to beat other, with the exception of Martinez.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 5 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #62

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 5 2013, 07:28 PM) *
This
Even injured martinez is faster and stronger than canelo. And he has waaaay better conditioning, canelo can be outboxed by cotto I don't think cotto can outbox martinez.

It's funny cause canelo looks vicious against these small guys but people forget martinez has been knocking out and standing up to these naturally bigger dudes

I was with you until you said conditioning and Martinez in the same sentence. This man has been gasping for air in damn near every fight since the P will fight which ended early. His saving grace was that he came on late in those fights. Even in the Chavez Jr fight he appeared winded slightly. He was just better conditioned then the guy who doesn't know what conditioning is lmao

I do think he'd beat Miguel but I think Cotto would get best worse by Canelo then an aging fighter in Martinez

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 6 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #63

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 05:54 PM) *
And he almost blew it lol. When in look at Martinez i think he peaked after besting Williams, he hasnt looked good since. Except in the Julio fight that he almost jizzed away but I think he lost to Murray and he looked like shit I'm that fight. He's a small MW with all them injuries. If I was a boxer looking for a belt I'd honestly take a shot at him instead of the others

Name the other MW champs and I don't find one name that I'd favor Cotto to beat other, with the exception of Martinez.

No one is perfect CHI!!!! lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 6 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 07:54 PM) *

Man Chi you are harsh! Hasn't looked good since pwill until chavez?? He knocked out or stopped everyone in between those two fights lol

And i would favor cotto over barker than martinez
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 5 2013, 07:59 PM) *
I was with you until you said conditioning and Martinez in the same sentence. This man has been gasping for air in damn near every fight since the P will fight which ended early. His saving grace was that he came on late in those fights. Even in the Chavez Jr fight he appeared winded slightly. He was just better conditioned then the guy who doesn't know what conditioning is lmao

I do think he'd beat Miguel but I think Cotto would get best worse by Canelo then an aging fighter in Martinez

He was gassed in the chavez and Murray fights cause he was fighting legitimately injured and throwing combos the whole fight. I think he threw close to a thousand punches in both fights just to keep the bigger guy off him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 6 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #65

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 6 2013, 07:02 PM) *
No one is perfect CHI!!!! lol

The truth is he's been far from anything close to perfect. He clobbered Paul but what did he do between that fight and the Chavez Jr fight? I laugh when I hear people say he's well conditioned. The reason he won those fights because he came on late to get the KO, it was a few fights where he would've lost that title. He about as well conditioned as an 05 Zab Judah...he best the snot out of JCC jr and I'm happy about that but in the Murray fight he went right back to the same shit before the Julio fight.

I challenge any of you to go back and re watch those fights before the Chavez fight and tell me who this dude taxed besides Julio lol. Injury or no injury, he was taxing nothing. He got gifted earlier this year and he may never get a big payday fight because he's unfortunately hanging on by a thread to what little he has left in his career. We all wonder what if Julio would've dedicated himself to training if the fight would've been closer. I'm glad he ended they hype train of Julio much the way I see that Danny has halted the hype of Matthyse...seems these argentines are all smoke and no fire lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 6 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #66

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Man Chi you are harsh! Hasn't looked good since pwill until chavez?? He knocked out or stopped everyone in between those two fights lol

And i would favor cotto over barker than martinez

He was gassed in the chavez and Murray fights cause he was fighting legitimately injured and throwing combos the whole fight. I think he threw close to a thousand punches in both fights just to keep the bigger guy off him.

Sure he was injured but that don't have jack to do with his performances be for the knee injury. I can't recall if he was hurt for an extended period of time before the Julio fight. But he was breathing thru the mouth and had to come from behind just to get those stoppages you speak of. In fights before the JCC jr fight he was winded, his conditioning is over blown. He came on late to win those fights and get those knockouts, he was in fights that were close on the scorecards and he came back and got those KO's. But you are right, his knee issue just further screwed him because the bigger MW's forced him to exert more energy and it unfortunately caused him to miss some time in the ring....i'm not saying Miguel is going to beat Martinez lol. I just think he better off trying his luck with a fellow broke dick dog such as himself lmao

He won't beat Canelo though he'd make it an interesting fight, Trout would beat him again. Lara, even Vanes, would beat him...and at 160, he can't best Quillen, Rosado, GGG....I commend him for winning last night but I'm not sold he's back, I'm a big supporter of Miguel and I really want to see him rack up a few wins them go for a big title fight...if i was training him, I'd tell him to drop back down to 147, that's where he belongs. I hope Arum does right by Cotto if he decides to stick with TR

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 6 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Man chi, professor is gone but your picking up his slack from where he left off last month lol

He taxed serhiy, and he was winning on all cards in both the barker (world champ) and macklin fights when he got the Kos bro. Yea he had it tough to start in those two but just like Danny he adjusted and found a way to get the W.

Your hard to please chi Haha, this dude done got robbed jobbed and stopped, he still came back with a vengeance persevered and is recognized as the true middleweight champ AT 38 and your insinuating he might not be at canelos level? Come on bro, at this point (canelo is very young) red couldn't hold his jock strap. Maybe in a few more years if he actually starts fighting people In his weight class..

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 7 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 6 2013, 11:49 PM) *
Sure he was injured but that don't have jack to do with his performances be for the knee injury. I can't recall if he was hurt for an extended period of time before the Julio fight. But he was breathing thru the mouth and had to come from behind just to get those stoppages you speak of. In fights before the JCC jr fight he was winded, his conditioning is over blown. He came on late to win those fights and get those knockouts, he was in fights that were close on the scorecards and he came back and got those KO's. But you are right, his knee issue just further screwed him because the bigger MW's forced him to exert more energy and it unfortunately caused him to miss some time in the ring....i'm not saying Miguel is going to beat Martinez lol. I just think he better off trying his luck with a fellow broke dick dog such as himself lmao

He won't beat Canelo though he'd make it an interesting fight, Trout would beat him again. Lara, even Vanes, would beat him...and at 160, he can't best Quillen, Rosado, GGG....I commend him for winning last night but I'm not sold he's back, I'm a big supporter of Miguel and I really want to see him rack up a few wins them go for a big title fight...if i was training him, I'd tell him to drop back down to 147, that's where he belongs. I hope Arum does right by Cotto if he decides to stick with TR

The fight you are referring to where he was breathing from his mouth he had a broken nose lol.

But like I said if barker beats sturm (I think he can) that's cottos best shot at getting a mw title. But it seems like bob and roach are Hell bent on fighting sergio. Roach said he can lead cotto to win against him after last nights win and martinez said he is definitely up to it as well. Seems like the fight has already been on the agenda. But arum was talking catchweights, cotto definitely has the pull in negotiations so I hope they don't take the juice out of this fight with a ridiculous catchweight. Anything under 156 might be to much for sergio at his age

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 7 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #69

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Man chi, professor is gone but your picking up his slack from where he left off last month lol

He taxed serhiy, and he was winning on all cards in both the barker (world champ) and macklin fights when he got the Kos bro. Yea he had it tough to start in those two but just like Danny he adjusted and found a way to get the W.

Your hard to please chi Haha, this dude done got robbed jobbed and stopped, he still came back with a vengeance persevered and is recognized as the true middleweight champ AT 38 and your insinuating he might not be at canelos level? Come on bro, at this point (canelo is very young) red couldn't hold his jock strap. Maybe in a few more years if he actually starts fighting people In his weight class..

No I'm nowhere near as crazy as those half cocked theories Professor was spitting at us lol

And no I think he's better then Canelo but we need to see how he performs now after this injury, like you said he's 38 and he's in the twilight if his career, so.is Miguel but Miguel isn't coming off an injury. He's possibly ready to get taken down. Call me a cherry picker but I'd fight Martinez instead of Canelo and the injury is a big reason why. Plus the fact that he has the possibility of winning that belt at MW. Canelo brings the money no doubt but Martinez brings the history, the legacy..nothing wrong with going for that

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 7 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 7 2013, 12:05 AM) *
No I'm nowhere near as crazy as those half cocked theories Professor was spitting at us lol

And no I think he's better then Canelo but we need to see how he performs now after this injury, like you said he's 38 and he's in the twilight if his career, so.is Miguel but Miguel isn't coming off an injury. He's possibly ready to get taken down. Call me a cherry picker but I'd fight Martinez instead of Canelo and the injury is a big reason why. Plus the fact that he has the possibility of winning that belt at MW. Canelo brings the money no doubt but Martinez brings the history, the legacy..nothing wrong with going for that

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:59 AM