IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bad officiating, C J Ross.... Steps Down (Topics Merged)
The Original MrF...
post Sep 16 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I know, I know I'm delusional for saying this, but here goes. Her card was the only one that was right. Those rounds were largely even. If you watched the fight with no bias, then you saw all those unanswered jabs to the body that red gead was landing. You counted body shots and not just the flashy stuff that snapped red head's, head back. CJ Ross got it right. I'm in the minority, I understand that. I'll be watching the replay this weekend.

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Sep 16 2013, 12:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 16 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 16 2013, 12:53 PM) *
I know, I know I'm delusional for saying this, but here goes. Her card was the only one that was right. Those rounds were largely even. If you watched the fight with no bias, then you saw all those unanswered jabs to the body that red gead was landing. You counted body shots and not just the flashy stuff that snapped red head's, head back. CJ Ross got it right. I'm in the minority, I understand that. I'll be watching the replay this weekend.

That's interesting Factor,

It takes great courage for speaking out in the minority like this. BTW, what was your score?

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 16 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 16 2013, 02:09 PM) *
That's interesting Factor,

It takes great courage for speaking out in the minority like this. BTW, what was your score?

Jack

I was pretty loaded, but I think it was 115-113 Mayweather or 114-114 which was cool too.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 16 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 16 2013, 01:11 PM) *
I was pretty loaded, but I think it was 115-113 Mayweather or 114-114 which was cool too.

Sure it wasn't the alcohol then? Lol

I'm fucking with you doe. I did see what your talking about with some of the jabs and body work, but from what I saw the jabs were pretty much to keep from doing nothing. Canelo has always been a very low output fighter. And a lot of the body shots I saw were getting caught in the arms or gloves. He made some of those rounds close with his work rate but the effectiveness was totally lacking in my opinion. I could see someone giving him 4 rounds at most.

But I thought mayweather controlled distance (generalship) landed the more clean effective punches and had very good defense and dictated the tempo as well.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Sep 16 2013, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Sep 16 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #15

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 16 2013, 12:53 PM) *

I got the fight saved I'll watch again but I like both fight fighters and I had it 10-2 no bias here.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 17 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #16

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

A CJ Ross Theory

I would like to find out why she has such an interest in favoring underdogs in the fights she officiates. I don't think she is a bad person, but she is a poor judge. Maybe there could be motives in her background that made her favor underdogs like she has in the majority of her fights that have draws or split decisions.

If she loved house fighters, she would not have went against Manny Pacquiao over Tim Bradley. Critics have suggested that the cards could have been fixed to force Manny to stay with Top Rank to insure a Bradley rematch. I was applauded at the November rematch posters that were showing this, because it suggested that the possibility exists this fight was NOT on the level and it was a terrible way to do a promotion. I actually cannot remember if a rematch clause had been signed or not. But Manny's contract WAS nearing the end with Top Rank. The Marquez fourth fight KO turned everything upside-down, so if there were orchestrated plans or not from Bradley-Pacquiao, Bob Arum certainly has not done anything to help Tim get back in the spotlight AT ALL! Tim Bradley never got the name recognition because all of the controversy from HBO's blatant pom-pom shaking, jump-started by Jim Lamply. The over-dramatic crying because Pacquiao had lost. HBO's presentation of that fight was more on how Manny lost than how Bradley won. Jim had that same attitude when Marquez KO'd Pacquiao. Could CJ Ross have an emotional sensitivity for underdogs in general, that might explain some of her draw and split decision cards?

Cynthia Ross' background would be interesting to review. Could she perhaps have a career as say a special education teacher, or counselor working with troubled kids who would be motivated to help those in need (underdogs) get a second chance, a positive outlook on life? If so, that is a wonderful thing that she would be doing in helping people get second chances. However, the serious problem is you can't be a judge like that! But if she is in that type of helping capacity, she might be trying to take that philosophy of there "are no losers." to her judging. And it is possible that Nevada could see, "Here's a woman who shows compassion and sensitivity for the fighters and their accomplishments, she's independent, she's a humanitarian, and she kind, and she's a woman." Therefore we can't show her the door." Could she also be very feisty and independent, the kind of person that would force a sexual discrimination lawsuit if she were dismissed against the commission?" Maybe they feel a need to protect her in this way.

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 17 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Well she's reportedly taken a leave of absence. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 18 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 10:32 PM) *
Well she's reportedly taken a leave of absence. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out

Thats too bad, she was an inspiration to blind people everywhere.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 18 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2013, 12:12 AM) *
Thats too bad, she was an inspiration to blind people everywhere.

There have been many images and meme's like that of her floating around the net lol

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Sep 18 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2013, 11:32 PM) *

Pardon the expression but I Hope she chokes on a tampon... stupid bitch- nothing justifies her 114-114 please... I am sure she feels like shit and her leave is related to the event and her pathetic scoring.. really that was some Hurrican Carter shit

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Sep 18 2013, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:07 PM