Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scouting Greatness, Who has those stand out features prep'd for greatness
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Not just the leader of the new school but, is there a certain potential young figure today that u foresee as being great?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 15 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

nope

edit: maybe Ward, if he gets his act together and makes a splash in the water. But everybody else doesn't seem all that special.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Sep 15 2013, 02:42 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 15 2013, 03:41 PM) *
nope

Do you think that's a bad thing for the future of boxing?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 15 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 15 2013, 08:43 PM) *
Do you think that's a bad thing for the future of boxing?

depends as what? for the boxing legacy yes, but for the boxing business, no. It mean's there's always someone capable of beating someone else. Nobody stands out, so we get nicely even matches, one would hope

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 15 2013, 03:58 PM) *
depends as what? for the boxing legacy yes, but for the boxing business, no. It mean's there's always someone capable of beating someone else. Nobody stands out, so we get nicely even matches, one would hope

I think it would have an effect on the buisness side as well because greatness is not often, and I think it's what keeps the sport of boxing or any sport of that matter relevant. If you take out Mayweather, Klitchko Brothers, Pacquiao and all past greats, then what do you have?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 15 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 15 2013, 09:18 PM) *
I think it would have an effect on the buisness side as well because greatness is not often, and I think it's what keeps the sport of boxing or any sport of that matter relevant. If you take out Mayweather, Klitchko Brothers, Pacquiao and all past greats, then what do you have?

obviously boxing has needed its characters to stay alive, but I think more attention would go to other fighters, maybe PPV wouldn't be a big deal, and boxers would be on TV on a regular basis.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 15 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Ward and Broner

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 15 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 15 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Not just the leader of the new school but, is there a certain potential young figure today that u foresee as being great?

Canelo Alvarez will be great. He fights extremely well and composed for his age even though Floyd scorched him. But hey that doesnt count... its Floyd lol

If Broner MAINTAINS a proper work ethic he will be great.

The Charlo Twins will be great.

Errol Spence Jr. is pretty solid. Looking forward to seeing him grow.

Omar Figeroura wont be GREAT but he will make a LOT of noise. I like him.

I also think Devon Alexander doesnt get enough credit. People fail to realize alexander accomplished a lot young too.

Ward is the Leader of the new school of course. After Floyd Ward takes the cake.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Sep 15 2013, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Sep 15 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

ward aint taking shit. he got the wrong promoter, bad management team, weak biz sense, no personality, no charisma, no swag, nothing. all he has is pure skill, and unfortunately that isnt enough. we will never see him in the big fights because he wont ever bring big money to the table because hes lacking all those things. if he dont bring money to table, then he cant lure in anyone to fight him.

the charlo twins i dont think will end up being shit. broner either, hes gonna flop in ppv numbers, and he will also plateau very soon as far as skill, we will see the same shit from him every fight now and it will get old.

its impossible to say at this point who will stand out. i think danny and ggg. these guys will keep winning and looking fantastic.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Sep 15 2013, 08:40 PM) *
ward aint taking shit. he got the wrong promoter, bad management team, weak biz sense, no personality, no charisma, no swag, nothing. all he has is pure skill, and unfortunately that isnt enough. we will never see him in the big fights because he wont ever bring big money to the table because hes lacking all those things. if he dont bring money to table, then he cant lure in anyone to fight him.

the charlo twins i dont think will end up being shit. broner either, hes gonna flop in ppv numbers, and he will also plateau very soon as far as skill, we will see the same shit from him every fight now and it will get old.

its impossible to say at this point who will stand out. i think danny and ggg. these guys will keep winning and looking fantastic.

It's a reason he's the consensus #2 P4P fighter on the media and most of the fans lists. Skills pay the bills. People don't want to fight him unless they have to just like Hopkins because they know more then likely they're going to take an L. And he'll be moving up to light heavy soon and he'll get a belt there. They will have to fight him

And also there's nothing wrong with his promoter, his management is shady. You mentioned Garcia and GGG, there's no way they will ever rank above Ward. Golovkin handy fought any real live bodies. What's his best win? We will see what he does when he faced a Chavez Jr, or a Maravilla. And hopefully down the line... Andre Ward

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:50 PM