IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Hopkins, B-Hop calls out Mayweather at 160lbs.
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Should Floyd take the same bait De La Hoya did?

I know it's a day after and too early to be talking up a potential opponent, but being that after Canelo, it really doesent seem like a lot of names are out there that can be considered a threat to Mayweather around 140-154lbs., and being that it seems to not even matter if Floyd faces guys who come in to a fight weighing 160+, then how realistic is it for a fight like this to happen?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 15 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Could Hopkins even make 160

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

He's seems confident about it. What I question about this from Hopkins is he's confident in fighting Floyd, but not Ward.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 15 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 15 2013, 04:57 PM) *
He's seems confident about it. What I question about this from Hopkins is he's confident in fighting Floyd, but not Ward.

Thats because Hopkins would balloon up to 180 and would outweigh Floyd by a fat kid. No. BHop just needs to stop hating.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 15 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

So if Floyd doesn't go up 3 weight classes he will be called a bitch and a chicken? Mayweather can't even weight 152. This is stupid. besides, this would be the most technical fight ever which means to the average boxer fan, a snooze feast. I am good. Hopkins should fight Sergio or GGG since he is into fighting at 160. GTOH!

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 15 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 15 2013, 05:12 PM) *
So if Floyd doesn't go up 3 weight classes he will be called a bitch and a chicken? Mayweather can't even weight 152. This is stupid. besides, this would be the most technical fight ever which means to the average boxer fan, a snooze feast. I am good. Hopkins should fight Sergio or GGG since he is into fighting at 160. GTOH!

No matter what Floyd does he'll be called a bitch and a chicken. He just beat the last legit threat, on paper, Saturday. Its going to be hard for Floyd to sell PPVs after this.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Sep 15 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I think Floyd should get a title at 160. BHOP does not present this title. Since Floyd is now good with catchweights, he should fight Martinez or GGG at 155. If Floyd wants to wear "The Best Ever" hat, he needs to get a MW title just like Leonard and Robinson did.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 15 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Sep 15 2013, 05:34 PM) *
I think Floyd should get a title at 160. BHOP does not present this title. Since Floyd is now good with catchweights, he should fight Martinez or GGG at 155. If Floyd wants to wear "The Best Ever" hat, he needs to get a MW title just like Leonard and Robinson did.

So the only way for Floyd to become "Best ever" is to win a MW title at a catchweight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) ?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 15 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 15 2013, 06:57 PM) *

One is past his prime and the other one is in his prime

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 15 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Sep 15 2013, 08:34 PM) *

First of all, I find it incredible hypocritical to criticize the validity of one great fighter and have Ray Leonard as the example of who said fighter should be. SRL was the epitome of everything people foolishly criticize Floyd about. Not to say SRL isn't great but he got away with a lot of things in his career. Firstly, he had a grocery list of stipulations for Marvin Hagler before their fight and Hagler really should have been calling the shots. Then, he pussyfooted around the rematch. Thirdly, he wanted no parts of Aaron Pryor.

Floyd does not have to move up to "prove" himself. He's lasted triumphed through 2 eras of solid stacked weight classes. Enough is enough. Just give the man his props.

And I like B-Hop for obvious reasons. He's a legend and him fighting at 48 and winning is miraculous. That said, I've gradually lost respect for him as a person over the years. Floyd gave him a big time shout out and then he comes with this BS. Reminds me of the co-signing he did when Shane got too big for his britches and jump in the post fight Marquez/Mayweather interview.

GGG and B-Hop need to shut the fuck up. There's a fighter at 168 named Andre Ward so they need to stop acting like they cleaned out the division and Floyd is their last hope. Shit, fight each other. Until they push for a Ward fight and he says absolutely not, they can kindly eat a dick medium rare. I see guys like Quillen, Trout, Martinez, Chavez Jr etc all as game opponents. How the fuck you skip all the way to a Welterweight?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:39 PM