IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Hopkins, B-Hop calls out Mayweather at 160lbs.
Dolimite
post Sep 16 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

[quote name='Cshel86' date='Sep 16 2013, 06:00 AM' post='590121']
Get off of Floyd's sack bro...you've been in overdrive lately.

Hopkins made between 10 & 15 million dollars to fight Oscar, so yes, he's seen paydays like this before. A GGG or Ward fight wont do much for his pockets, if anything GGG and Ward can forget about the lion's share of the purse, and be happy for the exposure.
[/
quote]
How long ago was the Oscar fight? So again, he is looking for a big payday. Andre Ward would make more sense than fighting a damn Welter weight. Now rather Hopkins was serious or not it is still stupid, I would love to see him fight Sergio Martinez.

I do what I damn well please, I am not one of these posters or people who are ashamed of being a fan of a particular athlete. And its a damn shame when we can't openly support another fighter or athlete without being ridiculed. You can play Mr. Cool all you want and be whatever, but I am not you, and I can give a fuck how you feel about me being on Floyd's sack? And why are you thinking about another man's nuts? Lay off bro.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Sep 16 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #32

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Can't believe this bullshit has made it so far, we actually have a thread about it. smh

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 16 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 16 2013, 11:11 AM) *
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 16 2013, 06:00 AM) *

Get off of Floyd's sack bro...you've been in overdrive lately.

Hopkins made between 10 & 15 million dollars to fight Oscar, so yes, he's seen paydays like this before. A GGG or Ward fight wont do much for his pockets, if anything GGG and Ward can forget about the lion's share of the purse, and be happy for the exposure.

How long ago was the Oscar fight? So again, he is looking for a big payday. Andre Ward would make more sense than fighting a damn Welter weight. Now rather Hopkins was serious or not it is still stupid, I would love to see him fight Sergio Martinez.

I do what I damn well please, I am not one of these posters or people who are ashamed of being a fan of a particular athlete. And its a damn shame when we can't openly support another fighter or athlete without being ridiculed. You can play Mr. Cool all you want and be whatever, but I am not you, and I can give a fuck how you feel about me being on Floyd's sack? And why are you thinking about another man's nuts? Lay off bro.

Dolimite, let's be real here...you've shamefully graduated from a fan, to an all-out cheerleader with zero shame. It's like you're more offended about things that are said and/or required of Floyd, than Floyd himself.

Don't get all bent outta shape, I'm just stating facts. I'm not playing Mr. Cool, but if you will, take a page out of my book and relax, the hype of the fight has died down while you're still in overdrive. Pull your skirt down bro...your ovaries are showing.

PS: Don't get so furious, to the point that you mess up the quotes on your posts. Just click, "reply", and type where the cursor is located. Now I have to fix this very post and your quote mishaps, to even post my reply.

Speaking of "fixing things", let me go ahead and fix your sig, since once again, you played your cards wrong with the Garcia/Matthysse prediction. Thanks to being a "fan" of Lucas and following the hype, you couldn't even make a formidable prediction.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 16 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #34

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 16 2013, 09:51 AM) *
Man, some of yall really need to take a seat, Hopkins included. The same guys that are crying about people putting pressure on Floyd to move up weight classes, are the same guys who are giving the press something to work with.

Sheesh, who cares if Canelo was 165 on fight night, and Martinez was 167 against Chavez??? That's the BS that I'm talking about. The wrong person (read: an idiot with some pull) is gonna read this stuff, and run with it.

I'm surprised that Floyd is even pulling off these Jr. Middleweight fights off, being that he weighs in at nothing more than 151, and comes into the fight between a WW and Jr. MW. Again, the same guys who cry about the media putting pressure on Floyd to move up another weight class, are the same guys who are giving them ammunition to do so.

It was never that serious. You're so adamant about Floyd not moving up to 160 to fight Sergio, so then whose he supposed to fight? FLOYD and ROGER THEMSELEVES said Floyd could get a title at 160 if he really wanted to. THEY planted the seed. Not me. If Floyd doesn't do it i wouldnt be mad because as i SAID thats a too much. I understand Floyd shouldn't even be fighting above 147. I understand He started off at 125. IM AWARE. But he's making easy work of these guys and theres no top 5 P4P fighter that he could possibly face besides Sergio. However if it happened i would be excited to see how Floyd would fare. And if that fight got signed today at 160 im SURE youd be excited too. Sergio Martinez is on the decline, and he would be the ONLY opponenet at 160 in which I'd be confident that Floyd could pull the win off simply because Martinez is older, injury prone, deserves that payday, on his way out the game, and stylistically susceptible to Floyds offense. IDGAF about the media or the press. I doubt they'll be on fighthype reading these forums. Im saying my opinion as a fan. The media, the press you, me, or hopkins wont make Floyd do anything he doesnt want to so relax.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 16 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Marcus @ Sep 16 2013, 01:35 PM) *
It was never that serious. You're so adamant about Floyd not moving up to 160 to fight Sergio, so then whose he supposed to fight? FLOYD and ROGER THEMSELEVES said Floyd could get a title at 160 if he really wanted to. THEY planted the seed. Not me. If Floyd doesn't do it i wouldnt be mad because as i SAID thats a too much. I understand Floyd shouldn't even be fighting above 147. I understand He started off at 125. IM AWARE. But he's making easy work of these guys and theres no top 5 P4P fighter that he could possibly face besides Sergio. However if it happened i would be excited to see how Floyd would fare. And if that fight got signed today at 160 im SURE youd be excited too. Sergio Martinez is on the decline, and he would be the ONLY opponenet at 160 in which I'd be confident that Floyd could pull the win off simply because Martinez is older, injury prone, deserves that payday, on his way out the game, and stylistically susceptible to Floyds offense. IDGAF about the media or the press. I doubt they'll be on fighthype reading these forums. Im saying my opinion as a fan. The media, the press you, me, or hopkins wont make Floyd do anything he doesnt want to so relax.

This MW conquest has BEEn going on, but some of you johnny-come-lately guys are sucking up everything that was "said" and done on Saturday. FLOYD and ROGER THEMSELVES said that Floyd could fight at 140 if he really wanted to...what's the possibility of that? Again, just because someone "says" something, it isn't considered the gospel.

Not only do THEY plant the seed, but guys like you feed the media these ideas (because they do read these forums), but then you'll go on complaining about why people want Floyd to move up to MW and so on. Just pick a side and chill.

Floyd started his career at 130, but oh let me not hit you with facts, let me just go off of what somebody else said. Hell, even Floyd was doing an interview days before the fight, and didn't even mention the fact that he fought Chico at 130, which was his biggest fight in that division. Again, you guys take EVERYTHING that Floyd and his team say, and run with it.

I swear if I see a thread, something along the lines of "ESPN says that Floyd isn't an ATG if he doesn't move up to 160", then I'm gonna bring this very thread back up. To my surprise (really I'm not surprised), the one leading jackass in this thread (I wont name his name) is QUICK to say how much of a hardcore fan he is, but is the first to bitch about what "ESPN" was saying. Again, I wont name his name, but the last four letters in his handle, are those little bugs that grow in your mattress of the years.

NOW, Sergio is top P4P....Ohhhhh, say it aint so. I swear some of yall were swearing him off after the Murray performance, but again, I wont name any names. So, if somebody else runs through Sergio, then he's just on the decline, but if Floyd beats him for the MW title, then it's legit?! Hmmm...

I wont relax, because the media and our opinions DO matter. Since you guys eat up everything Floyd says, didn't he SAY that the media is "pushing the fight (megafight) further and further back, by writing the articles that they were writing"? Oh, but us and the media have no control over what he does, right?

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 16 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #36

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 16 2013, 02:04 PM) *
This MW conquest has BEEn going on, but some of you johnny-come-lately guys are sucking up everything that was "said" and done on Saturday. FLOYD and ROGER THEMSELVES said that Floyd could fight at 140 if he really wanted to...what's the possibility of that? Again, just because someone "says" something, it isn't considered the gospel.

Not only do THEY plant the seed, but guys like you feed the media these ideas (because they do read these forums), but then you'll go on complaining about why people want Floyd to move up to MW and so on. Just pick a side and chill.

Floyd started his career at 130, but oh let me not hit you with facts, let me just go off of what somebody else said. Hell, even Floyd was doing an interview days before the fight, and didn't even mention the fact that he fought Chico at 130, which was his biggest fight in that division. Again, you guys take EVERYTHING that Floyd and his team say, and run with it.

I swear if I see a thread, something along the lines of "ESPN says that Floyd isn't an ATG if he doesn't move up to 160", then I'm gonna bring this very thread back up. To my surprise (really I'm not surprised), the one leading jackass in this thread (I wont name his name) is QUICK to say how much of a hardcore fan he is, but is the first to bitch about what "ESPN" was saying. Again, I wont name his name, but the last four letters in his handle, are those little bugs that grow in your mattress of the years.

NOW, Sergio is top P4P....Ohhhhh, say it aint so. I swear some of yall were swearing him off after the Murray performance, but again, I wont name any names. So, if somebody else runs through Sergio, then he's just on the decline, but if Floyd beats him for the MW title, then it's legit?! Hmmm...

I wont relax, because the media and our opinions DO matter. Since you guys eat up everything Floyd says, didn't he SAY that the media is "pushing the fight (megafight) further and further back, by writing the articles that they were writing"? Oh, but us and the media have no control over what he does, right?

I never said it would happen. All i said was that they planted the seed. Whether or not they read these forums idk but i highly doubt it. Im not complaining. Im not nor will i be complaining. As i said i know its too much. But that matchup just intrigues me. Because a specific matchup intrigues me im a johnny-come-lately.. whatever that means.. K. If you dont want to see it ok. I respect that. If that matchup doesnt intrigue you i respect that. I dont have to be on any side. Im just curious aboout how that matchup would turn out at 160. Thats all. You make it impossible for anyone else to have an opinion.
Round of applause for you he started his career at 130. You were right, i was wrong. Oh you hit me with the facts! lol I'm not running with anything. All i said is that they planted the seed.
...you know what lol im not going to go back and forth. Lmao idek know you. You got it cshel. You got it man lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 16 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Marcus @ Sep 16 2013, 02:23 PM) *
I never said it would happen. All i said was that they planted the seed. Whether or not they read these forums idk but i highly doubt it. Im not complaining. Im not nor will i be complaining. As i said i know its too much. But that matchup just intrigues me. Because a specific matchup intrigues me im a johnny-come-lately.. whatever that means.. K. If you dont want to see it ok. I respect that. If that matchup doesnt intrigue you i respect that. I dont have to be on any side. Im just curious aboout how that matchup would turn out at 160. Thats all. You make it impossible for anyone else to have an opinion.
Round of applause for you he started his career at 130. You were right, i was wrong. Oh you hit me with the facts! lol I'm not running with anything. All i said is that they planted the seed.
...you know what lol im not going to go back and forth. Lmao idek know you. You got it cshel. You got it man lol

There's nothing wrong with you having an opinion, my man. As for shutting people down to the point that they dont wanna share their opinion, that's not my stance. If you're gonna have an opinion, at least stand behind it, that's all.

As soon as I challenge someone's opinion around here, guys go nuts like I'm breaking the law. Hell, I could care less if a guy challenges what I post around, it's not like it's the gospel just because I post it. Somethings are better left as they are, in the boxing world, but again, forums, "journalists", etc., push for these things to happen, whether they're good for boxing or not.

Don't be surprised if we see a Chavez/Martinez rematch, since people thought it was necessary because of the 12th round drama. I wont lie, I was in favor of a rematch, because the guy that wanted to win (Chavez) almost won, especially when nobody gave him a legit chance to. With that in mind, I (along with other media outlets and so on) are giving that fight fuel, whether others want it or not.

Let' see how many people will cry for a Garcia/Matthysse rematch, just because their guy (Matthysse) didn't win. Had Lucas starched Danny, they themselves, wouldn't have wanted a rematch at all, because THEY wanna see how far their guys can go. It's just a selfish, fickle, mentality that most boxing fans have, sadly, the less intelligent ones (read: casual fans) usually get the last say-so in situations like that, since they're the primary consumers.

You're right though, a seed was planted. In most cases, that's all that's needed. For instance, Canelo and his team planted a seed back in 2011, saying that they would fight Floyd at 150 lbs. It just so happens that, that seed got them the fight, but not on their terms (weight wise).

All Im saying is, we cant get mad at the media for pushing otherworldly demands on Floyd, when we ourselves, feed into it by saying, "Hey, well Sergio came in a 167 against Chavez, and Canelo came in at 165 against Floyd, so it could happen". Then, if Floyd moves up to MW and gets starched, those same Floyd fans will be butthurt if there are millions of memes across the net, with Floyd kissing the canvas.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 16 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Im not even sure Hopkins was as serious as he wanted us to believe, but I just get tired of hearing him sometimes. At one point, he went on record saying that Floyd made black people look bad, and now thing's are on the up and he's entertaining the idea of a fight that we know wont happen.

At this point, dude's legacy is cemented. Canelo was the last of the big threats, and Matthysse lost Saturday, so I'm not sure who else is a "threat". I guess they can roll with whoever brings in the most money, which more than likely, is Khan, or maybe even a Marquez rematch, if he starched Bradley. Since Floyd is talking good about Bob, I'm sure Bob would possibly serve up Marquez, that's if Marquez's contract isn't over after the Bradley fight.

No, people aren't afraid of trendsetters...people are afraid of someone (who doesn't fit their personal preferences), achieving what their initial favorite fighter couldn't do.

I don't really think he was serious but you never know with Bernard...and I remember when he said that about Mayweather, I believe it was in an ESPN magazine issue.

In these 4 fights left on the Showtime deal it's going to be a few duds in the sense of casual fans not recognizing the opponent, like a Garcia, Khan does present the biggest financial gain but he's nowhere near being a threat.

Your exactly right about the personal preferences, an athlete isn't shit unless that athlete does what they want them to do. And after they do it, they still aren't satisfied, go figure

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 16 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #39

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Floyd needs to keep his ass at 147 and BHop needs to stop spiking his geritol with gin and calling out WWs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) .

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Sep 16 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #40

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Would be a pretty damn boring fight imo lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 04:56 PM