IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Hopkins, B-Hop calls out Mayweather at 160lbs.
xxxxxx
post Sep 16 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #41

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

I don't blame X for bringing up the possibility of this fight. Obviously when you first think about it, the idea seems silly. Normally you would think a 48 yr old Light Heavyweight calling out a 36 yr old 150 pounder is ridiculous, but both guys are active champions and living Legends. Both guys would have advatages & disadvantages. Could be interesting to technical boxing fans. The casual fans would buy it for the names, but not enjoy the action unless Mayweather got stopped. I still believe Mayweather fights Garcia or Khan-Alexander winner if they even fight.

On a side note, I was just thinking after Mayweather beat Canelo this Saturday convincingly he would most likely get FOTY again. Mayweather could be 3 -time RING FOTY in 3 Different decades (98,07,13) Thats pretty impressive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 16 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #42

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 16 2013, 01:04 PM) *
This MW conquest has BEEn going on, but some of you johnny-come-lately guys are sucking up everything that was "said" and done on Saturday. FLOYD and ROGER THEMSELVES said that Floyd could fight at 140 if he really wanted to...what's the possibility of that? Again, just because someone "says" something, it isn't considered the gospel.

Not only do THEY plant the seed, but guys like you feed the media these ideas (because they do read these forums), but then you'll go on complaining about why people want Floyd to move up to MW and so on. Just pick a side and chill.

Floyd started his career at 130, but oh let me not hit you with facts, let me just go off of what somebody else said. Hell, even Floyd was doing an interview days before the fight, and didn't even mention the fact that he fought Chico at 130, which was his biggest fight in that division. Again, you guys take EVERYTHING that Floyd and his team say, and run with it.

I swear if I see a thread, something along the lines of "ESPN says that Floyd isn't an ATG if he doesn't move up to 160", then I'm gonna bring this very thread back up. To my surprise (really I'm not surprised), the one leading jackass in this thread (I wont name his name) is QUICK to say how much of a hardcore fan he is, but is the first to bitch about what "ESPN" was saying. Again, I wont name his name, but the last four letters in his handle, are those little bugs that grow in your mattress of the years.

NOW, Sergio is top P4P....Ohhhhh, say it aint so. I swear some of yall were swearing him off after the Murray performance, but again, I wont name any names. So, if somebody else runs through Sergio, then he's just on the decline, but if Floyd beats him for the MW title, then it's legit?! Hmmm...

I wont relax, because the media and our opinions DO matter. Since you guys eat up everything Floyd says, didn't he SAY that the media is "pushing the fight (megafight) further and further back, by writing the articles that they were writing"? Oh, but us and the media have no control over what he does, right?

when he say that?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 16 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2013, 05:54 AM) *
if weight wasn't an issue, wouldn't you be curious how it would turn out? it might be a snoozefest for PPV sure, but I would be curious to see how Floyd would do against a guy just as smart as him.

it would be ugly and embarrassing for bhop. floyd is too fast...has the faster feet and hands....he'd be in and out with his shots before bhop could get anything off. i think it would be a pretty one sided affair. i don't think anyone wants this fight...and i don't believe hopkins was being serious.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 16 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #44

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

It just strikes me as odd that after every dominant victory, there's an immediate conversation of what else Floyd needs to do to prove and validate himself, yet he's done more than damn near any other fighter in the sport. Fighters like Matthysse and Golovkin can bukkake all over some fans' faces with all the suckin off they do. Correct me if I'm wrong but did Floyd not beat one of the best fighters in boxing? Or are we going to start acting like Canelo was "never that good" and a hype job now that Floyd beat him by a landslide?

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Sep 16 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #45

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 16 2013, 05:23 PM) *
It just strikes me as odd that after every dominant victory, there's an immediate conversation of what else Floyd needs to do to prove and validate himself, yet he's done more than damn near any other fighter in the sport. Fighters like Matthysse and Golovkin can bukkake all over some fans' faces with all the suckin off they do. Correct me if I'm wrong but did Floyd not beat one of the best fighters in boxing? Or are we going to start acting like Canelo was "never that good" and a hype job now that Floyd beat him by a landslide?

But life is given to it by acting like a bum like Canelo earned a shot. Based on fan base, we know why he got it. But if you act like he earned, what about guys with better resumes.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 16 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 16 2013, 05:47 PM) *
when he say that?

It was during the build-up of the Ortiz fight.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 16 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Seems like B-Hop is serious to me.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-ready-m...160-by-3--69687

SIDE NOTE: for God sakes, do I really have to sit through a month of noticing a man in drag as my profile? DAMN! Can't wait for that next sig bet.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Sep 17 2013, 02:53 AM

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 17 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #48

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 16 2013, 03:23 PM) *

Thats true and its ridiculous. I remember arguing with people before the Canelo fight the ridiculousness of Floyd fighting a 168 LBer and now he needs to fight a LHW?!? GTFOH!!! That just shows his greatness...a WW fighting a LHW is fucking stupid...a sideshow...some WWE shit.

LMAO at the bukkake comment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 17 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Maybe this is Hopkins way of saying he wants no part of kovalev or Stevenson. Because honestly I took it as a joke when he came out with this shit..

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 17 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #50

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 03:14 PM) *
Maybe this is Hopkins way of saying he wants no part of kovalev or Stevenson. Because honestly I took it as a joke when he came out with this shit..

i think Hopkins just wants a huge payday. Like James Toney Said-"Hopkins needs to quit calling out WWs." What If Flod told Rigondeaux to meet him at 138? That would be gay.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:36 PM