Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd's a great boxer, Boxing
Jovi
post Sep 17 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #21

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

When people say something about floyd mayweather/Rigo being boring than I immediately know that they do not know shit about boxing nor have they probably ever laced up the gloves themselves. Because if you did you would understand why Mayweather and them are the nicest. Somebody give this fuu some Martial arts movies if he wants entertainment and people getting knocked out all day.

Franchize said it best, i come on fighthype because its actually nice to talk to people who know there shit about the squared circle and have very valid and sound opinions. I can talk boxing all day with people and listen to the different views and experiences but its totally different when i talk to someone who only knows about Mayweather or Pacquiao. The engagement of the conversation is very limited and ill just end up sounding like a Mayweather fan if i try to tell why he's so nice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Shoromeo @ Sep 16 2013, 11:24 PM) *
But his style is just not for me. Rigo gets banned by hbo for fighting donaire the same style floyd did with Canelo . I don't hear people saying how great he is or how much they enjoyed his fight. After watching floyd vs Canelo and going to work today it seems I'm not the only one who thinks Floyd's style is boring. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I pay 75 dollars to watch a fight than I want to see a FIGHT , not someone that won't even go for the knockout even when he has the other guy hurt cause he's happy to win on points. If I want to see that I can go watch the a kids fighting with head gear on. I'm not saying floyd sucks or anything like that , I'm just saying its not for me and I'm done with paying to see this type of fight . I can watch rios vs alvarado all day bit Floyd's style puts me to sleep .

this is one mans' opinion. he's entitled to it. there's no law against it. nothing wrong with not viewing things the way most here do. what i will say is that it's called boxing...not fighting. your lack of appreciation for boxing is not a crime. your lack of understanding as a consumer and as a fan of the sport of boxing cost you $75. you probably thought canelo was going to beat floyd. that's nothing to be ashamed of because millions felt the same way. people who know boxing knew better. i feel the opposite of you....if i want to see guys beating the crap out of each other with no defense or very little skill....i'll watch a typical street fight. i can watch guys like floyd and rigondeaux box all day. what they do is not easy. i would invite you to try and do the same and see where it gets you. hbo banned rigo because they don't know shit about boxing. fuck them. rigondeaux's victory over donaire was much better than floyd's victory over canelo. donaire is a much higher caliber fighter than canelo will ever be.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 02:05 AM) *
Lmao

Anybody who thinks Floyd or rigo are boring needs to read a fucking book and learn a lick about boxing before opening their trap..

Someone on this board said something along the lines of "if chess is to complicated give them checkers"... Maybe that's what needs to be done here

BTW isn't that a denzel quote from training day?

that was me. i said it before denzel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 17 2013, 09:07 AM) *
Is it really Oscar? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have never seen anything confirmed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

it hasn't been confirmed. cshel put it all on me. let's decide today. those sporting the dlh pic will get credit for the time you sported it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 17 2013, 09:33 AM) *
Boxing is judged on clean, affective punching...defense...and Ring Generalship. If you find 2 of the 3 things "boring" then I think it's safe to say you aren't a fan of Boxing. That's like saying I love Pizza but I hate cheese and sauce. Go watch Bum Fights or something.

I just finished having this conversation with my boy schooling some young chumps about Boxing vs the Brawling bullshit. I come on Fighthype because the regulars really know their shit. Some of the guys are really part of a rare, dying breed. I click on this thread thinking a riveting, fruitful conversation will ensue.....lo and behold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boredom.gif)

The problem with Rios/Alvarado is...there will be 5 Rios/Alvarado fights before years end. I like a good Gatti vs Ward every once in a while too, but in doses. Where's the skill in getting hit a bunch of times and saying "I'm a bad ass"? When I want to see a wild scrap, I go on Youtube and watch chicks fight. I can get to see a bunch of haymakers AND occassionally see a few titties pop out. And you know what? IT'S FREE. Just like Rios/Alvarado should be...because they aren't that skilled. They are JAGS. Just Another Guy. You don't go undefeated fighting that way. You don't become great fighting that way. You get the shakes, slur your words and piss into a big through your belly button fighting that way.

Ironically, the best fighters in the sport (Mayweather, Rigo, Ward) are all defensively sound boxers. While the super exciting fan favorites all appear to be coming off a loss!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Sep 17 2013, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post
Plah
post Sep 17 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #26

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

I agree 100% with Chi and professor. You should have at least 50 posts before starting a Thread.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 17 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2013, 01:03 PM) *
that was me. i said it before denzel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oh helllllll no, I know your not taking credit from my boy denzel Hahaha

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 02:05 PM) *

seriously...i've been playing chess since i was 7yrs old...been learning about boxing since i was 5. i got that from my uncle who used the chess/checkers analogy for boxing way back then.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 17 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Sep 17 2013, 06:00 AM) *
Jeez everytime someone says something about Floyd all the captin save a ho's come to the rescue smh.. Dude if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it and its forum he should have the right to post. Floyd is the best defensive and most accurate puncher in history, it's frustrating When I pay $75 to see him get KOed and it doesnt happen, I understand..

Fixed

I was wrong...80%, not 70%, of boxing fans have gone full retard.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 17 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2013, 02:05 PM) *

No this man did not put himself on par with Denzel....stop Professor, please stop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:29 AM