IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd-No Overwhelming African American Support, Why doesn't he have his legion amongst Blacks??
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #161

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 26 2013, 02:40 PM) *
But there are black people who don't like RG3, they say he a cornball brother

Indeed they do but why is it when a black man who isn't in the spotlight, whose seen with a white woman perceived as a pimp or the man and gets brownie points but when a celeb does it they a sell out. It's because some blacks just look for any reason to hate on one another....they find something that they perceive as one weakness and they dog the person out. They don't say that mess to a brotha walking down the street but they'll hop on twitter and instagram and say it. Jealousy and envy is all it is
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 26 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #162

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 26 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Indeed they do but why is it when a black man who isn't in the spotlight, whose seen with a white woman perceived as a pimp or the man and gets brownie points but when a celeb does it they a sell out. It's because some blacks just look for any reason to hate on one another....they find something that they perceive as one weakness and they dog the person out. They don't say that mess to a brotha walking down the street but they'll hop on twitter and instagram and say it. Jealousy and envy is all it is

RGIII is a cornball. He has issues with himself. Just listen to his personal views, his wife is white, but that doesn't make him a cornball. Those Lorenz Tate Inkwell braids make him a cornball.

By the way... one African American that has Floyd's full support is Miss Jackson. Apparently they are still engaged. Mayweather went on Howard Stern and said they are engaged and she was his better half....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #163

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2013, 04:17 PM) *
As jalen rose would put it, an uncle tom lol

Jalen could be viewed as the field n****..., this the same dude who didn't know shit about Duke or Grant Hill and his family but admitted to being jealous of Duke players and Grant because they grew up a certain way. Like it's they fault his mom didn't bust her ass to give him a better life, he stay throwing shade at Shaq. Dude is bitter, he the classic example of what I'm talking about. Always trashing somebody for some idiotic reason. He get points for getting at skip Bayless but he be starting shit with Shaq and when they in the same arena, he don't do shit.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #164

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 26 2013, 08:16 PM) *
RGIII is a cornball. He has issues with himself. Just listen to his personal views, his wife is white, but that doesn't make him a cornball. Those Lorenz Tate Inkwell braids make him a cornball.

By the way... one African American that has Floyd's full support is Miss Jackson. Apparently they are still engaged. Mayweather went on Howard Stern and said they are engaged and she was his better half....

You late to the party bruh, I posted that in the other thread weeks ago, they been back together for months now. I don't see shit corny about RG3, people fear what they don't understand

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 26 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #165

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 26 2013, 09:29 PM) *
Jalen could be viewed as the field n****..., this the same dude who didn't know shit about Duke or Grant Hill and his family but admitted to being jealous of Duke players and Grant because they grew up a certain way. Like it's they fault his mom didn't bust her ass to give him a better life, he stay throwing shade at Shaq. Dude is bitter, he the classic example of what I'm talking about. Always trashing somebody for some idiotic reason. He get points for getting at skip Bayless but he be starting shit with Shaq and when they in the same arena, he don't do shit.

That's who I was talking about lol, he literally called hill and battier uncle toms on tv! Idk what they were thinking putting one of the more vocal players on tv like that. They might as well have has Gary payton on, or locked latrell in a room with van gundy.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 26 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #166

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 25 2013, 12:32 PM) *
who?

i think you're forgetting that i know ppl who have benefitted from jordan's generousity. yes, black folk....who are from right around chicago stadium...who would not have had christmas' if it weren't for jordan...they got to go to disneyland all expenses paid....and now my lil' niece is out here in cali on a full ride scholarship, compliments of MJ. she ain't the only one. i know the dude seemed like a super hero on the basketball court...but he's not. he's human. i can't be mad at him for not fighting crime. crime is not his department. he's focusing on ppl that are actually trying to do something with their lives. good for him...good for them. i don't see anyone else doing what you're asking of him. where's obama??? he's the president!!! and he used to live there, so he knows what's going on in the chi. haven't heard him mention two words about the southside.

as for him wanting to be like barkley...he doesn't have the same character to say or pull off some of the shit barkley gets away with. if jordan tried...he'd just end up looking foolish. he's a prisoner of his own success i guess?

Yeah that cat (Mike JOrd) was a real cool MF, he kicked my niece down with $5K tip at her table on the Riverboat in E. Chi were she worked at in the Harbor, I think people didn't give MJ enough credit for all the things he did like this all the time.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 26 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #167

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 26 2013, 11:09 AM) *
Man don't get us started on those Shoney's rants. Shoney's went from "common eatery" to "secret squirrel" in a matter of years. PLEASE don't get me started on that breakfast buffet!!! Lol

Agreed. I heard that Detroit wasn't too far from Chicago, when it comes to people acting Hollywood and not acknowledging locals/supporters and so on. There's also a resounding truth to what a fan base actually means. A fan base means "more money" or "more opportunities" to make money. If you aren't marketable, then nobody wants to deal with you, period.

So yes, guys DO need to stop acting so Hollywood, because if nobody knew who they were, then most of them wouldn't be in the position that they're in today. At the same time, people tend to forget that theses people (celebs) are human, and they don't wanna be hawked down every blinking moment of the day. I guess it goes hand in hand though...a catch-22 perhaps.

I do laugh at these stories about celebs getting their asses handed to them though. They'll get on records and talk reeeeeal greasy...as if we suddenly forgot that they got robbed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Maaaaan, that was a classic off the cuff rant, wasn't it? That crispy bacon and french toast sticks, though!!!!!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #168

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2013, 08:41 PM) *
That's who I was talking about lol, he literally called hill and battier uncle toms on tv! Idk what they were thinking putting one of the more vocal players on tv like that. They might as well have has Gary payton on, or locked latrell in a room with van gundy.

Jalen stay going off about something lol

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 27 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #169

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

The problem with people supporting floyd is they don't know much about boxing and all they see in the media is him acting a,nut. Also guys like ward wont get the support he deserves from casual black fans because alot of us like chaos and thats not him. I saw many threads about black women and how they are this and that but its up to the black man because we are the head. Thats does men that we are responsible for there actions it simply means that we have a responsibility to be examples to our daughters so they don't become thirsty hoes as someone put it which is whats wrong with black society there is a major breakdown in they family structure. Since we talking about floyd his mom was,a drug addict big floyd was the dopeman so out of that where did he learn to respect a women nowhere its makes me happy to see a black come from where he came from and be successful and other athletes i got love them and it dont matter there color cause when its all said and done from what i know it dont matter the color of skin but whats with in I've had other ethnicities hold me down when my own turned they back on me..

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 27 2013, 01:34 AM
Post #170

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I know ward might not have the most exciting style but he should be doing subway commericals and he should be on espn. I seen b hop on espn promoting his fights.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:11 PM