IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd-No Overwhelming African American Support, Why doesn't he have his legion amongst Blacks??
BrutUalBK
post Sep 29 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #191

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2013, 10:15 PM) *
To add to it, he never mentioned how Floyd has not only encouraged black fighters, but MOST (if not all) fighters to push for OSDT) and cut out the middle man (promoters) from their careers, in order to keep their money.

My thing is, if a guy is creating (and living) a beneficial movement, then why not stand behind him? Regardless of who created (and led) a movement, they also had flaws, but it was either concealed or people had a selective memory.

My thing is though "why does it even have to be about a movement" in order for us to get behind our fighters? Mexicans don't require JMM, Canelo or Oscar to have some sort of cause in order to rally behind them then why should we??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 29 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #192

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2013, 11:15 PM) *
To add to it, he never mentioned how Floyd has not only encouraged black fighters, but MOST (if not all) fighters to push for OSDT) and cut out the middle man (promoters) from their careers, in order to keep their money.

My thing is, if a guy is creating (and living) a beneficial movement, then why not stand behind him? Regardless of who created (and led) a movement, they also had flaws, but it was either concealed or people had a selective memory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of May's antics out of the ring, but if one is going to form an opinion of Floyd, do it 360 not what's conveniently fed by agenda-driven scribers. The first step toward that can be found in the stories of Nate Jones and Boza Edwards.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 29 2013, 10:33 PM
Post #193

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 29 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of May's antics out of the ring, but if one is going to form an opinion of Floyd, do it 360 not what's conveniently fed by agenda-driven scribers. The first step toward that can be found in the stories of Nate Jones and Boza Edwards.

Exactly!

Why do we have to go with all of the stories from the media to sum up what we may believe to be what anyone is made of? I think we only get bits and pieces of one's stories and not necessarily that all of those bits and pieces are true or tell all of the facts either, it should be logical for one to think that if all you only hear is the bad part of someone's life then there has to be more to the story-besides which of us are without fault in the first place.

That dude (anthonyaccurate) thinks his sh*t don't stink that Floyd needs to have some modern day cause that only/all AAs need to adjoin themselves to in order for them to follow him, what a load crap that is, we as people don't even hardly speak to our neighbors and when was the last time any of us got together as a people to rally behind a cause....there were some negroid types that supported Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case if any of us can believe that mess.

This division is exactly the thing I'm talking about, as soon as a brutha gets on top then many of his own are the first to topple him with hate, jealousy or fault finding hypocrisy as if their own sh*t don't stink.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 29 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #194

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 29 2013, 11:33 PM) *
Exactly!

Why do we have to go with all of the stories from the media to sum up what we may believe to be what anyone is made of? I think we only get bits and pieces of one's stories and not necessarily that all of those bits and pieces are true or tell all of the facts either, it should be logical for one to think that if all you only hear is the bad part of someone's life then there has to be more to the story-besides which of us are without fault in the first place.

That dude (anthonyaccurate) thinks his sh*t don't stink that Floyd needs to have some modern day cause that only/all AAs need to adjoin themselves to in order for them to follow him, what a load crap that is, we as people don't even hardly speak to our neighbors and when was the last time any of us got together as a people to rally behind a cause....there were some negroid types that supported Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case if any of us can believe that mess.

This division is exactly the thing I'm talking about, as soon as a brutha gets on top then many of his own are the first to topple him with hate, jealousy or fault finding hypocrisy as if their own sh*t don't stink.

Crab in a barrel mentality.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Sep 30 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #195

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 29 2013, 11:41 PM) *
Crab in a barrel mentality.

Pardon the expression ...More appropriately and more real... it is "n&%ger mentality"

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Sep 30 2013, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:06 AM