> HBO has got to be "sick" over this.....$80M
checkleft
post Oct 2 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #121

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 1 2013, 05:38 PM) *
I think Floyd would beat the dust off of Rosado. Hell, I think Floyd beats GGG relatively easy. Floyds in a really tough spot. He's shown himself to be too good and I dont see any serious threats to the dude. Maybe some dudes that can land some lucky shots but we all know how luck goes with Floyd.

You seem to think he will beat the dust off anyone..

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 1 2013, 06:29 PM) *
Really? You think the guy that hops around the ring like a bunny and gets knocked on his ass far too many times to count has a better shot against Floyd than the guy who has passed every test put in front of him? Danny is the bigger puncher, has the better defense, better counter punching ability and more all around skill than khan. If and when that fight happens...Danny is going to surprise everyone.

I like danny but I just wanna see him against a good full fledged welterweight, just for good measure. But I mean the talent gap between Floyd and everyone else seems so big it wouldn't really make a difference if Floyd fought him now or later because it wouldn't really be a good indicator even if Danny looked stellar against a real welterweight..

Let's face it, xander ain't getting a shot. To me its Danny, khan, martinez, quillen/rosado. Cotto is out of the picture because he said he will finish his career working with top rank, and if khan makes Floyd look even remotely vulnerable it builds interest in a Danny fight.

And I'm surprised no one else has said this, how about khan and Garcia rematch at 147 in December or January and the winner gets Floyd..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 2 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #122

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 1 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Tell me what to type

Lol I'm going to post it later, I saw two different posts about it. One said that the fight with Khan won't be in the UK for tax reasons and the other said that Floyd is open to a fight with Manny if he looks great against Rios and comes to the negotiation table with the right attitude

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 2 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #123

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 2 2013, 01:39 AM) *

That's been a pretty safe bet for the last 2 decades though lol

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 2 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #124

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2013, 09:39 PM) *

You dont (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ?!? I think he's proven he's damn near unbeatable right now. Hell, we've watched the same fight for 10 years with just different opponents with the exception of the Cotto fight. I really cant think of anyone around his weight class who can compete with dude.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 2 2013, 05:20 PM
Post #125

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 2 2013, 08:37 AM) *
You dont (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ?!? I think he's proven he's damn near unbeatable right now. Hell, we've watched the same fight for 10 years with just different opponents with the exception of the Cotto fight. I really cant think of anyone around his weight class who can compete with dude.

Ward and Pacquaio has something to say about that!

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 3 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #126

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 2 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Ward and Pacquaio has something to say about that!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 3 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #127

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 1 2013, 07:08 PM) *
He didn't lie, the property that he was talking about is being built by the MGM I believe. I toured it in May with my girl. The only problem that I know of is that Vegas started building it and it hit a financial snag recently. Whether they get it done or not is another story but he didn't lie this time

Errrr.....I was reading something (don't ask me where I read it), that pretty much poked holes in every "a stadium is in the works" statement that Bob put out there. It pretty much said that that property wasn't intended for a stadium or outside arena, etc. **searching for it**

**UPDATE** Didn't find iiiish.....must've daydreamed that.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Oct 3 2013, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #128

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 2 2013, 10:37 AM) *

If Floyd knew he could mop up anyone in the game he would have gone for that title at 160 by now. But that's a risky move

He can beat anyone from 140-154 ill give him that

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 3 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #129

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 3 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Errrr.....I was reading something (don't ask me where I read it), that pretty much poked holes in every "a stadium is in the works" statement that Bob put out there. It pretty much said that that property wasn't intended for a stadium or outside arena, etc. **searching for it**

IDK, I've seen what they've been building with my own eyes. When I was out there for the last fight I was told they hit a snag with the financing of the building. To me it sounded almost like they were backing away from the property but I'll wait and see. There's an actual article talking about it that validates Arum's stadium claim. It came out months ago and I don't remember where I saw it

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Oct 3 2013, 05:21 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 3 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #130

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2013, 04:50 PM) *
If Floyd knew he could mop up anyone in the game he would have gone for that title at 160 by now. But that's a risky move

He can beat anyone from 140-154 ill give him that

I'd say it's a risk in terms of the weight but who really can we say definitively beats him at 160? GGG is good but where's the opposition, he needs names on his ledger. Sergio is a broke dick dog now, though I do see him causing Mayweather problems if they fought. Quillen, we'll know more about him after the Rosado fight. Hell, if Rosado wins, if I was Floyd I'd take that fight and win the MW belt

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:29 AM