> HBO has got to be "sick" over this.....$80M
bnoles4life
post Oct 3 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #131

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 3 2013, 06:21 PM) *
I'd say it's a risk in terms of the weight but who really can we say definitively beats him at 160? GGG is good but where's the opposition, he needs names on his ledger. Sergio is a broke dick dog now, though I do see him causing Mayweather problems if they fought. Quillen, we'll know more about him after the Rosado fight. Hell, if Rosado wins, if I was Floyd I'd take that fight and win the MW belt

Word on the street is, Sergio's KNEES are what's likely going to end his career.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 3 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #132

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 3 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Word on the street is, Sergio's KNEES are what's likely going to end his career.

Before his next fight?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 3 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #133

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 3 2013, 06:54 PM) *
Before his next fight?

Not sure about that, but I've read an article or two, citing them as the main reasons he hasn't looked great. I think they were giving him problems throughout the Chavez fight as well.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #134

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 3 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Not sure about that, but I've read an article or two, citing them as the main reasons he hasn't looked great. I think they were giving him problems throughout the Chavez fight as well.

I remember him and his trainer talking about the injuries before chavez (hand and knee). They seemed to put it off until after the chavez fight because they didn't want to risk the fight getting canceled. During that fight he aggravated it more and still opted to try to heal it without surgery (terrible idea). And the Murray fight seemed to make it worse

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 3 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #135

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 3 2013, 05:21 PM) *
I'd say it's a risk in terms of the weight but who really can we say definitively beats him at 160? GGG is good but where's the opposition, he needs names on his ledger. Sergio is a broke dick dog now, though I do see him causing Mayweather problems if they fought. Quillen, we'll know more about him after the Rosado fight. Hell, if Rosado wins, if I was Floyd I'd take that fight and win the MW belt

I think I said that earlier in this thread. Rosado is a dog, he will come to fight no matter who it is. So i expect a good effort from him even if floyd picks him apart

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 4 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #136

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

i actually think hershman is good. when he was at showtime with a limited budget...they did boxing better imo. now that he's at hbo...he inherited thier biggest problem....jim lampley. that's the guy he needs to get rid of. he also inherited the bullshit notion that hbo has about building stars. they are soooo stuck on their agenda that they try to sell us shit. lampley and company are so busy trying to convince the public that they know what they're talking about that when ever shit doesn't go their way it has to be some bullshit ass controversey or travesty to the sport. lederman and kellerman are his enablers. they were so convinced pac would ko jmm in the 3rd and 4th fights. they were so convinced bradley didn't belong in the ring with pac. they were so convinced that nonito donaire was the second coming of pacquiao and when rigondeaux schooled donaire lampley was so busy sucking nonito's dick that he didn't even notice. it's not the budget that's the problem....it's lampley. u get rid of him and fights become more interesting automatically.

I agree. Lamply got HBO to the philosophy today of just having Rocky sluggers on the network (Gatti) or Goody-Too-Shoes ga-ga fighters with fawn-over type personalities (Delahoya.) You beat one of their house guys (Bradley-Pacquiao) or (Marquez-Pacquiao) or (Rigedeoux-Donaire) you are shit on, because HBO's stars to HBO are like what Hulk Hogan was to the WWF. HBO commentates and communicates and agenda, and that is force-fed to the general public. The question is who should replace Lamply, who doesn't have an opinionated agenda and just calls the fights?

A question can HBO say no to Top Rank proposed mates? Or do they HAVE to take whatever Arum gives them for fear of a lawsuit if they don't? Right now, HBO has become a Top Rank monopoly. They should fire Lamply and work to get Golden Boy Promotions back. Do you think that Lamply is shaking the pom-poms for the HBO contracted fighter on his own accord? Or is some higher-up at HBO telling Lamply what to say? Maybe Hershman?

Jack

PS. Hey, how come following HBO's prescribed philosophy for showing fights, "Boring" Wlad Klitschko got his fight with Provetkin televised?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 4 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #137

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 3 2013, 08:12 PM) *

He made it worse during that Murray fight, and I thought Murray won that fight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 4 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #138

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2013, 09:48 PM) *
I think I said that earlier in this thread. Rosado is a dog, he will come to fight no matter who it is. So i expect a good effort from him even if floyd picks him apart

So do I, Rosado is the definition of a throwback fighter

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 7 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #139

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 4 2013, 01:59 PM) *
I agree. Lamply got HBO to the philosophy today of just having Rocky sluggers on the network (Gatti) or Goody-Too-Shoes ga-ga fighters with fawn-over type personalities (Delahoya.) You beat one of their house guys (Bradley-Pacquiao) or (Marquez-Pacquiao) or (Rigedeoux-Donaire) you are shit on, because HBO's stars to HBO are like what Hulk Hogan was to the WWF. HBO commentates and communicates and agenda, and that is force-fed to the general public. The question is who should replace Lamply, who doesn't have an opinionated agenda and just calls the fights?

A question can HBO say no to Top Rank proposed mates? Or do they HAVE to take whatever Arum gives them for fear of a lawsuit if they don't? Right now, HBO has become a Top Rank monopoly. They should fire Lamply and work to get Golden Boy Promotions back. Do you think that Lamply is shaking the pom-poms for the HBO contracted fighter on his own accord? Or is some higher-up at HBO telling Lamply what to say? Maybe Hershman?

Jack

PS. Hey, how come following HBO's prescribed philosophy for showing fights, "Boring" Wlad Klitschko got his fight with Provetkin televised?

Anyone would be better than Lampley. I think he has Hershmans ear. They are definitely following the agenda. How the povetkin/klit fight snuck by security is beyond me. I loved the Crawford fight. I didn't hear the commentary, but I am glad they're promoting that kid. He's the truth.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 7 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #140

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2013, 09:48 PM) *

I like rosado too! No way in hell he gets a shot against Floyd.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:22 AM