checkleft
post Sep 20 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 20 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Indeed. Ward is going to school him if/when they fight

ward is looking like a man on a mission, saw footage of him training in 50s gym the guy doesn't show any rust from surgery.
QUOTE (Amandla @ Sep 20 2013, 03:51 PM) *
I think Canelo would outbox him. The kid had nothing against Sergio.

I don't rate him at all but it has to happen.

The battle of the hypekings.

canelo doesn't have a tenth of the stamina to do what sergio did to him, people make it seem like martinez wasn't working to keep this giant off of him. He threw over a thousand punches in that fight, was constantly giving him angles and head movement. Hate to say it but at a fight at 160 I think canelo gets stopped late. Not to discredit canelo but to credit chavez size and strength (and I'm no chavez fan by any means, the guy has done to much fuckery throughout his career).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 20 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2013, 06:48 PM) *
ward is looking like a man on a mission, saw footage of him training in 50s gym the guy doesn't show any rust from surgery.

canelo doesn't have a tenth of the stamina to do what sergio did to him, people make it seem like martinez wasn't working to keep this giant off of him. He threw over a thousand punches in that fight, was constantly giving him angles and head movement. Hate to say it but at a fight at 160 I think canelo gets stopped late. Not to discredit canelo but to credit chavez size and strength (and I'm no chavez fan by any means, the guy has done to much fuckery throughout his career).

i agree.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 23 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2013, 03:48 PM) *

Sums it up. Canelo is too small for Chavez Jr.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Sep 28 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 23 2013, 07:23 PM) *
Sums it up. Canelo is too small for Chavez Jr.

Damned. I was thinking that Canelo is a big young kid that could fight at 168 and handle this guy because he is more well rounded. I mean, Canelo is not a midget and he forced mayweather to be at his best. Is Chavez that damned big??? Chavez is one dimensional... Canelo has power. I think if Canelo had stamina he could do to Chavez what Moslesy did to Margarito... If Chavez is too big for Canelo then damned he should be fighting Hopkins...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 28 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Sep 28 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Damned. I was thinking that Canelo is a big young kid that could fight at 168 and handle this guy because he is more well rounded. I mean, Canelo is not a midget and he forced mayweather to be at his best. Is Chavez that damned big??? Chavez is one dimensional... Canelo has power. I think if Canelo had stamina he could do to Chavez what Moslesy did to Margarito... If Chavez is too big for Canelo then damned he should be fighting Hopkins...

He is simply to short for 168, he would be at a huge disadvantage against anyone in that division. He is just big boned, the kid probably weighs 180+ in between fights. I'm almost positive chavez is in the 200-210 range.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 29 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

At this point, Canelo is too small for JCC Jr's fat ass. But I always thought Canelo was more skilled than Chavez Jr. At 160, he'd probably beat JCC Jr because Jr would probably be near death trying to make that weight at this point.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 29 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2013, 06:48 PM) *

Ward is going to beat Rodriguez and I hope Arum is dumb enough to put Julio in there with him for his next fight

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 29 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 29 2013, 10:40 AM) *
Ward is going to beat Rodriguez and I hope Arum is dumb enough to put Julio in there with him for his next fight

Put him in with another fighter thats guaranteed to whoop that ass that hasnt signed his life over in blood ink to TRP?!? I dont think so.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 29 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 29 2013, 02:49 PM) *
Put him in with another fighter thats guaranteed to whoop that ass that hasnt signed his life over in blood ink to TRP?!? I dont think so.

He didn't do that with Martinez, but maybe that's because he thought that JCC Jr would beat him.....He protects this kid that's no doubt but eventually you can't protect him from everything. Ward isn't getting out of his contract with his promoter so that's a wrap, what title is he going to win at 168 that TR can control the outcome? Froch and his people ain't giving in to TR, Bika and his team won't do it either...Ward, that leach J Prince, and his promoter ain't going either. Where's he going to go for a title..he's fucked, he's going to have to bend if he wants a title at either 168 or 175...please name me who TR can get to manipulate a title out of at either weight...Hopkins, Kovalev, Stevenson..the only way they can go is with Shumenov and I think Shumenov would beat Chavez Jr.

If he wants a title fight and a big fight then he's going to have to play ball, there's no where for them to go

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 29 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #20

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 29 2013, 01:08 PM) *
He didn't do that with Martinez, but maybe that's because he thought that JCC Jr would beat him.....He protects this kid that's no doubt but eventually you can't protect him from everything. Ward isn't getting out of his contract with his promoter so that's a wrap, what title is he going to win at 168 that TR can control the outcome? Froch and his people ain't giving in to TR, Bika and his team won't do it either...Ward, that leach J Prince, and his promoter ain't going either. Where's he going to go for a title..he's fucked, he's going to have to bend if he wants a title at either 168 or 175...please name me who TR can get to manipulate a title out of at either weight...Hopkins, Kovalev, Stevenson..the only way they can go is with Shumenov and I think Shumenov would beat Chavez Jr.

If he wants a title fight and a big fight then he's going to have to play ball, there's no where for them to go

I really think Arum thought Jr would KO Martinez.

Now, out of all the names you mentioned who could Jr possibly fight and control every aspect of the fight? My bet is Bika. Bika might have a good team but like Ward said Bika "Would be the B side" and I think Jr could possibly beat him especially with a lil help from the judges (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:42 PM