IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oscar De La Hoya Deliama, What should GB Members do?
mrchitown
post Sep 21 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 21 2013, 06:17 PM) *
Chi, if you where a major holder in GB productions would you really want Oscar around. You just said that Hopkins was a great stand in and Schaefer is the fucking man. So what purpose does Oscar serve beside giving the blue print to beat Mayweather to his fighters?

Well how would Schaefer have gotten into boxing without Oscar? I haven't ever seen or heard if him before De LA Hoya was around him. They both need each other like Sam Rothstein and Nick Santuro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) they both serve a purpose

It's clear that Richard is the day to day business man of Golden Boy but Oscar I'd the fscr.of golden boy since he is the golden boy. Bernard is and can hold it down buy hour has said some off the wall shit in his day just like Oscar has.

I don't see what the problem is really. Who's he hurting besides himself with the addiction? He hadn't done anything to screw over any if his fighters, at least not that we know of. So why would he need to be relieved from a company bearing his name?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 21 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #12

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 21 2013, 04:26 PM) *
Well how would Schaefer have gotten into boxing without Oscar? I haven't ever seen or heard if him before De LA Hoya was around him. They both need each other like Sam Rothstein and Nick Santuro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) they both serve a purpose

It's clear that Richard is the day to day business man of Golden Boy but Oscar I'd the fscr.of golden boy since he is the golden boy. Bernard is and can hold it down buy hour has said some off the wall shit in his day just like Oscar has.

I don't see what the problem is really. Who's he hurting besides himself with the addiction? He hadn't done anything to screw over any if his fighters, at least not that we know of. So why would he need to be relieved from a company bearing his name?

Liability. DO you think that Canelo's performance may have had a averse effect on Canelo? It could...

Do you really want a coke head and an alcoholic being the face of a multimillion dollar company? I mean shit, they fired CEO's for being unstable. The dude CEO if Twitter lost his fucking job and place in his own company for being unstable. Come on.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 22 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think GB would be stupid to try and move him out. Why? Schaeffer is doing his thing just fine and let's face it...there are still SOME ODLH minions that believe everything he says. So every Mexican he endorses and "gives the blueprint" will undoubtedly equal a few thousand PPV's to fans that simply don't know any better. In other words, if it ain't broke (and GB is far from broke) don't fix it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 22 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 21 2013, 06:31 PM) *
[/b]

Liability. DO you think that Canelo's performance may have had a averse effect on Canelo? It could...

Do you really want a coke head and an alcoholic being the face of a multimillion dollar company? I mean shit, they fired CEO's for being unstable. The dude CEO if Twitter lost his fucking job and place in his own company for being unstable. Come on.

GB don't have board members, that's just as much Oscar's company as it is Richard's. It's plenty of other ceo's and execs who are the face of their companies who do questionable things.

He ain't no liability lol. And Idk you keep running with this thing about Canelo being affected by his performance. He performed well he just lost to someone better then him. He's going to be champ again and there are big fights out there for him still. Plus he'd only 23, he's still learning and he will get better. It will be a cold day in hell before we see him not involved with GB which is a company that bares his name.

He's trying to deal with his issues and that at least shows some good signs, should Ricky Hatton fork over his promo company since he was addicted to drugs. Or should Mayweather give more control to Ellerbe because it's clear he ain't that in control if his own team as evidenced by that tasteless shit that was sent out about Oscar in his instagram.

Mayweather doesn't control his accounts hour leaves that up to employees and this isn't the first time this has happened. So should he relinquish some control of his empire. Do you want a avid gambler and guy who seems to trick on women as the face of your company? This is what others would say to you. It goes both ways but the fact is there's nothing wrong with what Floyd is doing and there's nothing wrong on Oscar's end either. He's a liability to himself not the company

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Sep 22 2013, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Sep 22 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Of course GB is better off with the Golden Boy. Could they survive without him longterm...possibly, but much better off with him being Visual and Mentoring/promoting his fighters. Oscar is Good for the sport.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 22 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #16

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 22 2013, 08:57 AM) *
GB don't have board members, that's just as much Oscar's company as it is Richard's. It's plenty of other ceo's and execs who are the face of their companies who do questionable things.

He ain't no liability lol. And Idk you keep running with this thing about Canelo being affected by his performance. He performed well he just lost to someone better then him. He's going to be champ again and there are big fights out there for him still. Plus he'd only 23, he's still learning and he will get better. It will be a cold day in hell before we see him not involved with GB which is a company that bares his name.

He's trying to deal with his issues and that at least shows some good signs, should Ricky Hatton fork over his promo company since he was addicted to drugs. Or should Mayweather give more control to Ellerbe because it's clear he ain't that in control if his own team as evidenced by that tasteless shit that was sent out about Oscar in his instagram.

Mayweather doesn't control his accounts hour leaves that up to employees and this isn't the first time this has happened. So should he relinquish some control of his empire. Do you want a avid gambler and guy who seems to trick on women as the face of your company? This is what others would say to you. It goes both ways but the fact is there's nothing wrong with what Floyd is doing and there's nothing wrong on Oscar's end either. He's a liability to himself not the company

Whoever put that shit out on May's Twitter should be fired, but at the same time it made me chuckle. It was tasteless but funny...

As far as May being a gambler and a damn sponsor to his stable of chics, that would concern the hell out of me. His money and time could be going to other meaningful things. But its his money. I think Ellber has a better understand on the business end and as long as he keeps his boss grounded he should be okay.

I keep bringing up the Caenlo and Oscar thing is because Oscar has been Canelo's biggest supporter. I don't think Schaefer got behind Canelo the way Oscar has. Perhaps I making a moll into a mountain, I'll take that.

If Oscar can't get his shit together I think we will be seeing less and less of him. More of Bernard maybe.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 22 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 21 2013, 04:31 PM) *
[/b]

I look at your avvie and my sig and think would you want that running a multimillion dollar company (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 22 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 22 2013, 02:29 PM) *
[/b]

Whoever put that shit out on May's Twitter should be fired, but at the same time it made me chuckle. It was tasteless but funny...

As far as May being a gambler and a damn sponsor to his stable of chics, that would concern the hell out of me. His money and time could be going to other meaningful things. But its his money. I think Ellber has a better understand on the business end and as long as he keeps his boss grounded he should be okay.

I keep bringing up the Caenlo and Oscar thing is because Oscar has been Canelo's biggest supporter. I don't think Schaefer got behind Canelo the way Oscar has. Perhaps I making a moll into a mountain, I'll take that.

If Oscar can't get his shit together I think we will be seeing less and less of him. More of Bernard maybe.

And the same thing you said about Ellerbe and Floyd and their dealings can be applied to ODLH and Schaefer. But Oscar does need to try to put the demons to rest, I can only hope that he does. I was disappointed when Tyson revealed he was still struggling with his addiction. It takes time but people have to be willing to fight it. As far as Canelo, I saw some frustration from him, I re watched the fight last night and his youth worked against him. How do you be so foolish enough as to try to outbox a master boxer? Their gameplan was doomed from the start of the opening bell. I'm kinda in agreement with that he needs a new trainer. That was a weak strategy to go into the biggest fight of your fighters career

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 22 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 21 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Oscar ain't going nowhere, wish a muthafucka would try to dismiss me from something with my name on it. Schaefer is the dude who everybody has to deal with, we all k ow he running the shit but Oscar serves his purpose. I think he should maybe take a step back for a while and get himself together. Hopkins can step in a bit more and Schaefer is always on point. He needs to get his demons in check

Thank you. Golden Boy continues to run and get better due to Schaefer. Golden Boy is who they are b/c of the name. You think GBP doesn't need Oscar? To quote Clay Davis: "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Sep 22 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #20

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

I hate Oscar these days. i got his autobiography, followed his career and saw him as a decent fighter but I didn't think he was as great as he was hyped to be and Floyd proved me right.

And thats what hurts him. The only good thing he has done for boxing is set up GBP and he should be taking care of business.

Right now he's being a class A asshole. With his addictions he's an embarassment to the sport.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:04 PM