IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oscar De La Hoya Deliama, What should GB Members do?
Franchize
post Sep 23 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Amandla @ Sep 22 2013, 09:32 PM) *
I hate Oscar these days. i got his autobiography, followed his career and saw him as a decent fighter but I didn't think he was as great as he was hyped to be and Floyd proved me right.

And thats what hurts him. The only good thing he has done for boxing is set up GBP and he should be taking care of business.

Right now he's being a class A asshole. With his addictions he's an embarassment to the sport.

Wait what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/read.gif)

On another note,

You can't take for granted the quality young Mexican fighters than are drawn to Golden Boy simply because of Oscar's stardom and legacy. He's an asset to that company. I just wish he'd stop saying he has the blueprint on how to beat Floyd. If you do, rip that shit up. It hasn't worked for you or anyone else lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 23 2013, 09:27 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 23 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 22 2013, 03:42 PM) *
And the same thing you said about Ellerbe and Floyd and their dealings can be applied to ODLH and Schaefer. But Oscar does need to try to put the demons to rest, I can only hope that he does. I was disappointed when Tyson revealed he was still struggling with his addiction. It takes time but people have to be willing to fight it. As far as Canelo, I saw some frustration from him, I re watched the fight last night and his youth worked against him. How do you be so foolish enough as to try to outbox a master boxer? Their gameplan was doomed from the start of the opening bell. I'm kinda in agreement with that he needs a new trainer. That was a weak strategy to go into the biggest fight of your fighters career

Funny you should say that because when I re-watched the fight I was like "This dude is going to try and outbox Mayweather" Just when I said it I think it was Farhood who said that Canelo is using the wrong strategy. That he is not going to outbox the greatest boxing of this era. His corner fucked him over big time, They had idea how to make adjustments. By round 11 Mayweather Sr. actually stopped giving May instructions and was busy talking to the people in the crowd telling them that his son was the truth.
Chi, did you notice he started to tire in the later part of the 5th round. His whole demeanor changed. His shots were wide and loopy and he didn't have pop on them. Notice, Floyd took some flush shots and kept coming forward. The way he was fighting in the pocket was amazing. He was almost daring Canelo to hit him. It was a good fight.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 23 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 23 2013, 07:54 AM) *
Funny you should say that because when I re-watched the fight I was like "This dude is going to try and outbox Mayweather" Just when I said it I think it was Farhood who said that Canelo is using the wrong strategy. That he is not going to outbox the greatest boxing of this era. His corner fucked him over big time, They had idea how to make adjustments. By round 11 Mayweather Sr. actually stopped giving May instructions and was busy talking to the people in the crowd telling them that his son was the truth.
Chi, did you notice he started to tire in the later part of the 5th round. His whole demeanor changed. His shots were wide and loopy and he didn't have pop on them. Notice, Floyd took some flush shots and kept coming forward. The way he was fighting in the pocket was amazing. He was almost daring Canelo to hit him. It was a good fight.

I was shocked at how thoroughly he beat Canelos ass. I knew Canelo would win at least 3 rounds but damn. He stood in front of a dude that outweighed him by 15 lbs and schooled him. I dont think Golovkin or Martinez has a chance against Floyd at 154. Too fast, too slick and too smart. The dude shocks with every performance.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 23 2013, 06:47 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 22 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Thank you. Golden Boy continues to run and get better due to Schaefer. Golden Boy is who they are b/c of the name. You think GBP doesn't need Oscar? To quote Clay Davis: "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"

Exactly, they both serve a purpose, I don't know how successful each man would be without the other there backing him up. They work well together, and they're partnership has proven that

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 23 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 23 2013, 09:54 AM) *

You can see frustration beginning to set in around the 3rd and 4th rounds, he's so used to having his way in there that when it didn't work for him he didn't know how to react to it. Part of the blame should be on his team for not adjusting the strategy accordingly and calming Canelo down. You saw the difference in terms of intellect for each man's corner. Floyd was so tight the first few rounds that they were there for the taking for Canelo but he had a bad strategy and once it didn't work he just went the full 12rds

He ran out of steam because not only does he have a stamina issue but when your hitting mostly air it takes something out of you too. I would say the only thing that disappointed me about Canelo's performance was there was no backup plan. You hear all the time, and we heard it from his team that they would have a plan a,b, and c..it was nowhere to be found

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 23 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #26

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 23 2013, 04:52 PM) *
You can see frustration beginning to set in around the 3rd and 4th rounds, he's so used to having his way in there that when it didn't work for him he didn't know how to react to it. Part of the blame should be on his team for not adjusting the strategy accordingly and calming Canelo down. You saw the difference in terms of intellect for each man's corner. Floyd was so tight the first few rounds that they were there for the taking for Canelo but he had a bad strategy and once it didn't work he just went the full 12rds

He ran out of steam because not only does he have a stamina issue but when your hitting mostly air it takes something out of you too. I would say the only thing that disappointed me about Canelo's performance was there was no backup plan. You hear all the time, and we heard it from his team that they would have a plan a,b, and c..it was nowhere to be found

This may sound crazy, but I honestly think that they underestimated Mayweather. I honestly do not believe that they felt Mayweather was as good as people. were saying. Plus you did have Oscar pumping Saul with the whole I really beat Mayweather BS. Shit could not help. Even the fouls that Canelo was committing was out of frustration.

Sr. Told his son right, to calm down and relax. After the 4th round it was on!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 23 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 23 2013, 08:52 PM) *
This may sound crazy, but I honestly think that they underestimated Mayweather. I honestly do not believe that they felt Mayweather was as good as people. were saying. Plus you did have Oscar pumping Saul with the whole I really beat Mayweather BS. Shit could not help. Even the fouls that Canelo was committing was out of frustration.

Sr. Told his son right, to calm down and relax. After the 4th round it was on!

Oscar's a promoter, he's doing what he's supposed to do but you may have a point about them underestimating him because that was a stupid strategy. Listening to Team Canelo in the buildup to the fight I didn't expect that kind of strategy from them

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 23 2013, 09:54 AM) *

i don't want to spoil the love fest for floyd here....but did anyone expect any different? this dude canelo has never fought a full 3 minutes of a round since i've watched him fight. barely fights half a round. he was struggling to make 154 and it was clear he was fading bad against trout....but now he fights floyd at 152 and he's supposed to look super energized? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 23 2013, 03:26 PM) *
I was shocked at how thoroughly he beat Canelos ass. I knew Canelo would win at least 3 rounds but damn. He stood in front of a dude that outweighed him by 15 lbs and schooled him. I dont think Golovkin or Martinez has a chance against Floyd at 154. Too fast, too slick and too smart. The dude shocks with every performance.

martinez is on his last leg...literally.

ggg is a beast and canelo is no where near as dangerous. i'd be shocked if floyd fights ggg. ggg has a tough fight in front of him now. i'm sure if he shows vulnerability in a win....floyd might reconsider.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 25 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #30

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 23 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Exactly, they both serve a purpose, I don't know how successful each man would be without the other there backing him up. They work well together, and they're partnership has proven that

Think of it this way, w/o Schaefer, GBP doesn't have that "relationship" w/ Floyd, but w/o Oscar, there'd be no overmatched Mexicans for Floyd to embarrass.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:23 PM