Reply to this topicStart new topic
> canelo or Delahoya, who did better against Floyd-Oscar did not do any better
MAHDI
post Sep 23 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

Oscar talked all this shit about what Canelo was going to do yet Canelo looked every bit as lost as DLH in there against Floyd-- watching Canelo get damned near shut out reinforced that Oscar pretty much lost the same way yet for some reason he ended up looking better with a split decision -- DLH looked completely amatuerish.. who performed better against Floyd here???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 23 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i gave canelo 3 rounds....i think oscar won 4.

oscar is a promoter...he's supposed to sell the fight. i don't really think he thought canelo was going to win. he had to sound convincing to sell the fight though.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 23 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Dlh actually stuck to his jab for a while and made it a fight a few times when he got Floyd on the ropes. Just based on effort I would say Oscar did better. Canelo was extremely gun shy after getting his head snapped a few times from some of those counters. Maybe his chin has yet to be tested.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 23 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Oscar definitely did better. Canelo couldnt even win a round.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Sep 23 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #5

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

Floyd's face had barely a mark on it the other week.

He had some marks on his face after he fought Oscar tho.

+Quote Post
yayo562
post Sep 23 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,994

DE LA HOYA did.. canelo is overrated.. in mexico they call him the grandpa killer he fights pure old ass guys but except mayweather schooled the young boy

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 23 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Sep 23 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Oscar talked all this shit about what Canelo was going to do yet Canelo looked every bit as lost as DLH in there against Floyd-- watching Canelo get damned near shut out reinforced that Oscar pretty much lost the same way yet for some reason he ended up looking better with a split decision -- DLH looked completely amatuerish.. who performed better against Floyd here???

yeah, not to mention DLH talked about how he gave canelo the blueprint and whatnot when he didn't even come close to winning either.....believe me when dude gets out of rehab he will start his hunt for the next GMH (Great Mexican Hope) that he can create with his media friends in Mexico and say that "this is the guy that's gonna beat Floyd".

He's already offered JMM, Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero and now Canelo that he gave the "blueprint" to and it still hasn't worked, lol.

What a joke Oscar is making up his girlie stocking/lingerie wearing, coke snorting, rehab living as turned out to be. lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 23 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Oscar did better but he could not fully execute his game plan. He tired out around the 7th round and that was the end. Canelo had no idea what he was doing. He actually tried to box Mayweather. That split decision was a damn gift.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 23 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Delahoya-Floyd was more competitive. I had it close, but clear for Floyd. (115-113-Floyd) The split decision, Marty Sammon's 115-113 Delahoya card was bad, but no where near as bad as CJ Ross' 114-114 draw card in Mayweater-Canelo. Oscar-Floyd was huge money-wise, but as a fight it was just a big business meetings, sparring match. In fact a lot of Delahoya's fights were like that. Trinidad-Delahoya, Delahoya-Whitaker. The best Delahoya fight was Mosley I , and rounds 6 and 12 of the Quartey fight. Delahoya_Vargas was pretty good.

Delahoya was a good although not a great fighter. I never thought Canelo was that good a fighter. He doesn't have the face or body of a champion. Oscar in his prime at least looked in better condition. Canelo always looks like the Cinnamon head Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Oscar has better opposition and is a better fighter than Canelo.

Jack

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 23 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Floyd beat Oscar 8-4 and he totally shut out Canelo 12-0

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:44 PM