IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> brother nazim: danny is top 5 p4p, i have to agree.
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

what say you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
aTYpicalTYrant
post Sep 24 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

The list of people he's defeated over the last 2 years should move him above quite a few on e mythical list. I can see why he's in the Top 5 P4P and I feel it's justified.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 24 2013, 01:24 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I respect Nazim and if he says it then it's true. He's a master teacher of the sport and he knows just as good as anyone does about the sweet science...plus Garcia has pulled off victories where he wasn't the betting favorite and he's looked good doing it. He's had some signature wins and the recent one against Matthyse only further solidifies his place on the P4P list

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Sep 24 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Although I like Danny a lot I can't see him being P4P TOP 5. Hell, I can't see him in TOP 10. Why? To me the P4P list represents fighters that have mastered the art of boxing. Defense, offense, effective agressivness, power, speed etc. and most importantly boxing IQ. Ward, Floyd, Marquez, Wlad, Cotto...these guys are P4P in my eyes...

Danny does what he needs to do to win and always finds a way. But he doesn't do much more than that. He is a goddamn solid fighter and as I said, I am a fan of his. But...he seems to miss a thing or two from the list mentioned above.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 24 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 24 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Although I like Danny a lot I can't see him being P4P TOP 5. Hell, I can't see him in TOP 10. Why? To me the P4P list represents fighters that have mastered the art of boxing. Defense, offense, effective agressivness, power, speed etc. and most importantly boxing IQ. Ward, Floyd, Marquez, Wlad, Cotto...these guys are P4P in my eyes...

Danny does what he needs to do to win and always finds a way. But he doesn't do much more than that. He is a goddamn solid fighter and as I said, I am a fan of his. But...he seems to miss a thing or two from the list mentioned above.

This. danny is good but he's not great.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

i'm not really one for pound for pound lists. i think they should be reserved for guys who have completed their careers...but if we are going to create mythical lists...which pit one fighter against another regardless of weight...and we are looking at their skill set and accomplishment, i cannot put a klitschko on that list. sorry...it needed to be said.

if i'm going to make a list...it's going to look like this:

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel marquez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

a few of these guys are interchangeable...and the 'what have u done for me lately' rule applies. this is just off the top.

oops.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Sep 24 2013, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 24 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I think Danny has a very impressive resume. The only fights that I question is Erik Morales. He was over the hill and washed up. But his other fights have proven that he can hang with the 140 division. However, Broner is in that division as well as Maidana and a few others. If he moves up to 147 the first fight he should take is against "One Time" Thurman. That would be a very interesting match up. I would place Garcia at number 10.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 24 2013, 04:13 PM) *
I think Danny has a very impressive resume. The only fights that I question is Erik Morales. He was over the hill and washed up. But his other fights have proven that he can hang with the 140 division. However, Broner is in that division as well as Maidana and a few others. If he moves up to 147 the first fight he should take is against "One Time" Thurman. That would be a very interesting match up. I would place Garcia at number 10.

morales had just lost a majority decision to maidana in april the year prior. many felt he won that fight.

he then destroyed cano the following december and everyone was going on about great he looked.

then he fights garcia the following march and loses a ud and got dropped in the 11th. it was danny's first fight on the big stage...and even though he looked star struck, he pulled it off.

they rematch 7 months later and danny destroys him.

i think the morales that danny beat twice would have given plenty a run for their money. maidana didn't drop morales. neither did cano.

keith is the truth...and i believe him and danny would be a mega fight. they should let that one marinate. danny has earned his shot at floyd. it's either a showcase bout or floyd imo. he's already paid his dues. keith has not.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Sep 24 2013, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
Aware
post Sep 24 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

My top 5 would be

1. Mayweather
2. Rigondeaux
3. Ward
4. Marquez
5. Martinez

To me there is no doubt that Rigondeaux is the more profound boxer when compared to Ward.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 24 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 24 2013, 04:34 PM) *
This. danny is good but he's not great.

This. But he's young, plenty of time for him to grow into a great fighter.
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 05:10 PM) *
i'm not really one for pound for pound lists. i think they should be reserved for guys who have completed their careers...but if we are going to create mythical lists...which pit one fighter against another regardless of weight...and we are looking at their skill set and accomplishment, i cannot put a klitschko on that list. sorry...it needed to be said.

if i'm going to make a list...it's going to look like this:

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel lopez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

a few of these guys are interchangeable...and the 'what have u done for me lately' rule applies. this is just off the top.

solid list. I would have Bradley higher than pac though and definitely higher than Danny. To me Danny would squeak in the top ten with nonito out and froch somewhere in there.

How the fuck did lopez crack your list!!! Pro? I'm telling you! Your feeling yourself get that man out of there before he gets hurt!

I would say mares should still be there but that's just me.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:24 AM