Closed TopicStart new topic
> Wow, Chavez-Vera weight issue a week before the fight
Gambit808
post Sep 24 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Why is it always something with Chavez Jr. man. It's as though controversy always finds this guy, rather it be from the lead up to a fight, during or after the fact. It's getting harder and harder to be a fan because of the way this guy conducts his self in an unprofessional manner at this professional stage. It's embarrassing to the sport IMO.

How the hell hasen't the weight limit been decided upon with a week left before the fight?

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-chavez-ver...termined--69930

http://www.boxingscene.com/veras-trainer-f...ituation--69932

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Sep 24 2013, 06:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

he's the son of a legend man!!! cut him some slack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 24 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 08:04 PM) *
he's the son of a legend man!!! cut him some slack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'll leave that to Sr., Arum and Suliman. Does something like weighing in a week before a fight to determine the fight weight ever happen before on occasions? Cause I never herd of this.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 24 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 24 2013, 07:12 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'll leave that to Sr., Arum and Suliman. Does something like weighing in a week before a fight to determine the fight weight ever happen before on occasions? Cause I never herd of this.

when you're the son of a legend it does. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i can't see him winning....but i'm going to root for vera to upset chavez.

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 24 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

OMy problem with chavez is he doesnt love the sport i feel like hes doing because of his father kinda like a kid taking over the family business. Because of that he lacks discipline and that's why he will be good and never great. Just to put it out there broner is the same way.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 24 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 24 2013, 08:20 PM) *
OMy problem with chavez is he doesnt love the sport i feel like hes doing because of his father kinda like a kid taking over the family business. Because of that he lacks discipline and that's why he will be good and never great. Just to put it out there broner is the same way.

I agree except with the Broner part. Broner is to quick to call. CJ is talented but he doesnt have a passion for boxing. He will be humbled when he has to step up to face Ward. Martinez's beating wasnt god enough. Until he is put against an opponent that will test his passion we will keep hearing about his half ass training camps. Ward needs to retire this kid and do us all a favor. Chavez included. What a waste of talent.. no one man should have all that power *pun intended*

This post has been edited by Marcus: Sep 24 2013, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 24 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #7

Strawweight

Ll
QUOTE (Marcus @ Sep 24 2013, 09:56 PM) *
I agree except with the Broner part. Broner is to quick to call. CJ is talented but he doesnt have a passion for boxing. He will be humbled when he has to step up to face Ward. Martinez's beating wasnt god enough. Until he is put against an opponent that will test his passion we will keep hearing about his half ass training camps. Ward needs to retire this kid and do us all a favor. Chavez included. What a waste of talent.. no one man should have all that power *pun intended*

This is what i mean about broner he parties all the time drinking and smoking and all though he wasnt training for a fight until maidina he was completely was out of shape if he loves the game its not just when training camp starts i get my body together its i keep my body together cause i want to excel and be great even when Mayweather so called retired i bet he was still in shape look at ward always in shape you get my point he doesnt have that passion for the game thats why i say hes good i just dont think he will be great

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 24 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

As Charles Barkley would say "that's turrible" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 24 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 24 2013, 10:22 PM) *
Ll

This is what i mean about broner he parties all the time drinking and smoking and all though he wasnt training for a fight until maidina he was completely was out of shape if he loves the game its not just when training camp starts i get my body together its i keep my body together cause i want to excel and be great even when Mayweather so called retired i bet he was still in shape look at ward always in shape you get my point he doesnt have that passion for the game thats why i say hes good i just dont think he will be great

Broner Drinks & Smokes, really?

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 24 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #10

Strawweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 24 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Broner Drinks & Smokes, really?

Really you didnt know that i mean like its always video taped and stuff so im like damn im not even looking to see what this man is doing yet its plastered in my face so im like if i see all of this imagine how wild he really is then i think well if he wants to be great why is he not putting that work in to hone his craft then it dawns on me he already think hes great and hes not and thats why hes not passionate about boxing yet.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:59 PM