> Wow, Chavez-Vera weight issue a week before the fight
Gambit808
post Sep 24 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 24 2013, 10:56 PM) *
Really you didnt know that i mean like its always video taped and stuff so im like damn im not even looking to see what this man is doing yet its plastered in my face so im like if i see all of this imagine how wild he really is then i think well if he wants to be great why is he not putting that work in to hone his craft then it dawns on me he already think hes great and hes not and thats why hes not passionate about boxing yet.

I don't nessasarily keep up with his out of ring antics if it doesen't pertain to the fight game. I mean there was moments he came out to NY for rap battles, but that's about it, but if that is the case then he is a ticking time bomb in this sport. Shame.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jazz
post Sep 24 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 13,936

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 24 2013, 09:22 PM) *
Ll

This is what i mean about broner he parties all the time drinking and smoking and all though he wasnt training for a fight until maidina he was completely was out of shape if he loves the game its not just when training camp starts i get my body together its i keep my body together cause i want to excel and be great even when Mayweather so called retired i bet he was still in shape look at ward always in shape you get my point he doesnt have that passion for the game thats why i say hes good i just dont think he will be great

You are saying that he should act more like Floyd Mayweather than Ricky Hatton or Oscar De La Hoya. I get it. I would say the same thing about Chavez Jr. If he exercised this kind of discipline, they wouldn't be talking about what the weight will be for the fight one week before the fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 25 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

this just adds to the hate I have for Chavez Jr. Kids a joke, somebody stated about Ricky Hatton, but even Hatton made weight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 25 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 08:04 PM) *
he's the son of a legend man!!! cut him some slack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

When did they stop cutting him slack? Lmao

That's why the call him "la vaca".

+Quote Post
Plah
post Sep 25 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 25 2013, 11:29 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 25 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I found this a bit embarrassing as well, and I'm a Chavez fan. I mean Jesus, can't somebody tell this man-child to step away from the dinner table, and leave the alcohol and drive-thru alone...at least long enough to make weight?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 25 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 25 2013, 10:29 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i can no longer defend the dude. smh.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 25 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 25 2013, 08:29 AM) *

Please translate...

Chavez Jr. should just be a damn heavy weight. Watch Arum make this fight at 180. Shit is ridiculous. Nacho would eat is ass up if they ever trained together. The kid does not realize how much potential he has. Imagine if he had the same work ethic as JMM or even Canelo (I know his stamina is shit but the kid does train). Fucking Chavez Jr. He is loving the fame but not the hard work that takes to be a boxer. This kid... I hope Vera knocks his ass out!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 25 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 25 2013, 02:12 PM) *
[/b]

Please translate...

Chavez Jr. should just be a damn heavy weight. Watch Arum make this fight at 180. Shit is ridiculous. Nacho would eat is ass up if they ever trained together. The kid does not realize how much potential he has. Imagine if he had the same work ethic as JMM or even Canelo (I know his stamina is shit but the kid does train). Fucking Chavez Jr. He is loving the fame but not the hard work that takes to be a boxer. This kid... I hope Vera knocks his ass out!

It means cow, but around the boxing community they call him "la vaca de dinero" (the money cow) because of how pampered he is because of the fact that he can make money off of his dads name and because arum and the wbc are gonna milk him until he is dry.

They definitely got the cow part right

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 25 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #20

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

So i just read in the LA Times that they arent going to announce the weight until after the way in but vera says if jr. Comes in over 173 the fight is off now if that isn't the craziest thing I've heard Bob is crazy.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 09:12 PM