Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best resume?
mitukczuk
post Sep 26 2013, 01:22 AM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

I was wondering. Who has the best resume P4P in boxing right now? Disregard the weight classes or losses

Which active fighter has faced the best opposition and his resume shows it? Is there a fighter who really took on all comers?

I got some names :

Shane Mosley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Floyd Mayweather

In case of Floyd it's a little bit complicated given he fights whoever drops the most money and not WHOEVER. But his resume is one to follow for sure.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Sep 26 2013, 06:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 26 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Sep 26 2013, 02:22 AM) *
I was wondering. Who has the best resume P4P in boxing right now? Disregard the weight classes or losses

Which active fighter has faced the best opposition and his resume shows it? Is there a fighter who really took on all comers?

I got some names :

Shane Mosley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Floyd Mayweather

In case of Floyd it's a little bit complicated given he fights whoever drops the most money and not WHOEVER. But his resume is one to follow for sure.

Hopkins

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 26 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Could make an arguement for Pac at lower weight classes, but as he moved up it was just names that seemed to lack there spark at the time.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Calzaghe has the best resume, hands down...

What's wrong with yall???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 26 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I gotta go Floyd. B-Hop has more names than Floyd and fighting at 48 is absolutely incredible. That being said, he has some bad losses on his resume' from sheer lack of punch output. I thought he outboxed Calzaghe but he allowed himself to get robbed in that fight. And there is no reason in the world a fighter as skilled and intelligent as Bernard is should ever lose to a fighter as technically flawed as Jermaine Taylor. Shane has a nice resume' but he's lost too many of his big fights. Floyd, Canelo, Manny, Winky, Cotto,(thought I had that one a draw). Pacquiao also has an incredible resume', although his latter achievements may need to come with an asterisk. Floyd has the names, he's covered multiple eras/waves of top fighters, and most importantly...he's undefeated. I think people also take for granted his lack of blemishes.

I mean really look at Floyd's career.

When it comes to losses, the most you can do is bring up the Castillo fight (which I think he won) which was over a decade ago. He also attacked the controversy by beating Castillo in a rematch within the same year.
When it comes to punishment, the most you can talk about is that Mosley 2nd round in which he didn't go down and his gloves scraping the canvas with Zab Judah.
When it comes to shitty performances, I really can't think of any. (Although the one fight I still feel was his most boring was the Baldomir one.)

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 26 2013, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 26 2013, 09:32 AM) *
Broner has the best resume, hands down...

What's wrong with yall???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

Thank you Cshel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd say Hopkins, he has some losses and many of those are questionable but he's faced a remarkable list of opponents

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Sep 26 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #8

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 26 2013, 11:41 AM) *
When it comes to shitty performances, I really can't think of any. (Although the one fight I still feel was his most boring was the Baldomir one.)

It was boring....but it wasn't shitty imo. It was a complete opposite of shitty. But I got you ;-)

Man how the fuck can I call myself a fan of boxing...forgetting about B-Hop is unaceptable.
I wanted to put Manny in there as well.

Off topic: I see Floyd finally getting his long overdue props...not only here in this thread but I see a general switch in peoples attitude towards him. - Facebook, forums... Kinda cool...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Sep 26 2013, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Sep 26 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

i notcied this trend as well, floyd is cool now. when pacquiao was on top, nobody gave a fuck about floyd except rappers. now major actors are sporting tmt shit. its cuz pacman went tha fuck to bed and now they need a new dick to jump on. once you go black you never go back. thank god cuz this guy deserves it. hes been hated since de la hoya fight ever since he got on 247.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 26 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Oscar had a damn good resume he just lost all his big fights. But look at the names on his resume. I do think he got a few gift decisions especially the Ike what's his last name fight (sorry been drinking) but his resume is solid. Now I wish he didn't dress up in drag because I have to look at this dude in fish nets bent over. Shit sucks!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:26 AM