IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Mayweather, Can the Khan Hype Die Now? (Topics Merged)
Dolimite
post Sep 27 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 12:02 PM) *
yeah...there in lies the "rub". I'm sure Floyd wants Amir to seem viable, as it's a ton of cash and likely a good KO. However; Floyd knows it's a lil' too far fetched to convince the world, this dude w/ fine china for a chin, who was dropped by Julio Diaz (yeah, who?), can beat him.

This would be the first fight I would boycott if Floyd decided to fight Khan. Khan has done nothing to get this fight. He gets knocked out more than any other fighter. He should fight Victor Ortiz in an "I quit match." this is some bullshit. How can Floyd justify fighting Khan and not Danny Garcia? Let the spin begin!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jazz
post Sep 27 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 13,936

I have purchased every one of Mayweather's PPV events. However, if this is true and he fights Khan in his next fight without Khan fighting or beating a quality junior welterweight or welterweight opponent, I will not purchase that fight. Of all the fighers at 140 and 147, Khan is the least deserving of a shot at Mayweather. Anyone with half a brain knows that Khan is pulling out of the Alexander fight because he knows there is a very good chance that he will lose and will miss out on a fight versus Mayweather.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

WTF is Kel Brooks?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 27 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 09:11 PM) *
WTF is Kel Brooks?

English fighter, fairly solid fundamentals, yet years behind Khan in terms of experience and opposition

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Sep 27 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Oh God no! Just go away Khan!

Even in this shaky stage of his career, he still feels entitled to something. I mean sheesh, I would be the first to stand up and say that I was predicting this fight to happen years ago...back when I was excited about it. Then came the Peterson fight...that fight raised more questions, than answers.

As far as I'm concerned, Khan has some a little bit of lifting to do. I didn't even think that Guerrero deserved a shot, but at least he came back after an injury and fought two WWs. I guess we can call it "even Steven", if people wanna say that Bradley ducked Khan to get a big payday against Manny. Khan appears to be doing to same, accept he's waiting on Floyd.

Floyd shouldn't expect ANY credit for taking this fight, and Khan should feel ashamed for even thinking that he deserves it. It's not about whether or not Khan is a PPV attraction and so on, its more about how he's looked in his last few fights. At this point, we already know that Floyd is doing it for the money and he pretty much knows that his career is going to end on a light note, but c'mon Khan, don't add insult to injury.

This crap reminds me of a cat on the basketball court on Saturday morning...waiting for somebody to pick him up, after a dude already has his 5. Just take a seat dude, you can get "downs" on the next go 'round.

Man I was excited for this fight too... Before he got beaten up by "the fourth judge" and TKO'd by the "lucky punch", if this fight was made it would be quite exciting and I'd expect a late stoppage from Mayweather

+Quote Post
iroc1976
post Sep 27 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 13,999

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 27 2013, 02:44 PM) *
This would be the first fight I would boycott if Floyd decided to fight Khan. Khan has done nothing to get this fight. He gets knocked out more than any other fighter. He should fight Victor Ortiz in an "I quit match." this is some bullshit. How can Floyd justify fighting Khan and not Danny Garcia? Let the spin begin!

Floyd will fight khan in wimbley stadium in london which holds a little over 80,000 compared to the MGM which holds over 16,000. Low Risk High Reward!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Hope it doesn't happen because Amir hasn't fought nobody at welter, some were saying that Kevin Cunningham was full of it and it appears he may be right when he said Amir wants to style away from a fight with Devon and go straight to Floyd. If it happens it's just another easy payday for Floyd. Khan can't afford anymore losses and he's in a hurry to add another one, he's about to become a non factor in Boxing and that's sad for somebody who could've been so great

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (iroc1976 @ Sep 27 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Floyd will fight khan in wimbley stadium in london which holds a little over 80,000 compared to the MGM which holds over 16,000. Low Risk High Reward!

Who gives a shit about Wembley, it may sell out but them PPV numbers might not be impressive. Hardcore fans won't really buy a fight against guy who gets knocked out by toothbrushes. And he hasn't fought nobody at welter and he just slipped out of a fight that could've brought him a title and more bargaining power to the table. If this fight happens then it's something I probably wouldn't watch. And that's saying a lot since I'm a fan of Mayweather and Khan. It's more to revenue then a stadium, Showtime might take an L with this one

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 27 2013, 02:44 PM) *

I was saying if Khan was to beat Devon then maybe he should get that shot but bitching out on a title fight just to jump to a big fight that you don't deserve, eh, it's ridiculous. it's kinda like a two way street though, khan doesn't deserve the fight and I don't know how successful the promotion would be after Floyd KO's him he becomes irrelevant. He's had too many losses to close together, if he loses to Floyd I don't think he'd ever recover. Maybe it should happen just to get rid of him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 27 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Khan has a better resume than guerrero did. Don't see why you guys are so riled up when I was saying this about guerrero a year ago. At least khan has been fighting people, so why wouldn't he think he can talk himself into a fight with Floyd if guerrero did it with less..

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:25 AM