IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Mayweather, Can the Khan Hype Die Now? (Topics Merged)
checkleft
post Sep 27 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

And the way Alexander fights, I'm not surprised these guys keep dropping out of fights with him. Not only is his fight game unappealing its a terrible style fight against. He did it to himself, ever since the Bradley fight he's been fighting like his Passion is gone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 06:49 PM) *
Khan has a better resume than guerrero did. Don't see why you guys are so riled up when I was saying this about guerrero a year ago. At least khan has been fighting people, so why wouldn't he think he can talk himself into a fight with Floyd if guerrero did it with less..

You weren't the only one on here against the Guerrero fight, Professor was one of few who was into that fight. But what I will say is at least Guerrero fought and beat 2 welterweights. Khan does have a better resume but at lower weight classes and he does have a name. But this is a what have you done for me lately thing...what has Amir done recently to warrant that fight? you can make the case for Ortiz when he beat Berto in a FOTY candidate and won a belt, you can make the case for Guerrero because he beat 2 solid fighters at 147 before he challenged Floyd, you could make the case for Canelo even because he technically beat Trout by decision. Where the case for Amir? Resume? It's plenty of that out there, if we going by that then that only proves why Danny should fight Floyd before Amir

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 06:51 PM) *
And the way Alexander fights, I'm not surprised these guys keep dropping out of fights with him. Not only is his fight game unappealing its a terrible style fight against. He did it to himself, ever since the Bradley fight he's been fighting like his Passion is gone.

It's kinda funny though that the two fighters (Kell, Khan) dropped out of fights with Devon are from the UK lol. I think he would've beaten both of them

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 27 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I'm pretty sure Floyd ain't worried about no talks of fights being made until after November-December, which is why I won't look at this as being something set in stone just yet, but boy is Khan showin a real chump side of himself at the moment. I mean of course it's a smart move to benefit himself (if he gets the fight), but this dude been gettin knocked around and out by smaller (dare I say) lesser opponents than Mayweather, not rematch any of his defeats or close fights, not even face a legitimate WW before shooting towards the money pot. He just wanna cash out and dive in the pool that a Great white shark swim in SMFH... Either way u wanna look at it though, Khan really played his self backing out of that fight. It's no one to blaim if he puts his self on the shelf for a year, only to find out something else came up... And if he gets it, I personally feel the Alexander fight would've gave him some sort of assurance about a fight with Floyd.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Sep 27 2013, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Sep 27 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #25

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2013, 06:51 PM) *

The thing about that is Devon only had four fights since than, he walked over Purdy as he should and the other 3 fights were Matthysse, Maidana and Bailey, 3 guys who would KO you if you get flashy, look at Mike Jones. So those fights aren't a fair representation. If Khan was so good he would have embarrassed a spoiler.

+Quote Post
iroc1976
post Sep 27 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 13,999

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Who gives a shit about Wembley, it may sell out but them PPV numbers might not be impressive. Hardcore fans won't really buy a fight against guy who gets knocked out by toothbrushes. And he hasn't fought nobody at welter and he just slipped out of a fight that could've brought him a title and more bargaining power to the table. If this fight happens then it's something I probably wouldn't watch. And that's saying a lot since I'm a fan of Mayweather and Khan. It's more to revenue then a stadium, Showtime might take an L with this one

As a hard core fan I agree! However you have to look at it from a business point of view. Coming off the Canelo fight and with 4 fights left and no one at 47 or 54 that has a serious fan base that's the only available option. Sergio isn't even due back until sometime in mid 2014 so what can they do besides a fight in London?

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Sep 28 2013, 08:50 AM
Post #27

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

This makes me sick. Man should have the balls to take a fight this Christmas.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Sep 28 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #28

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

Looks like Khan is just looking for a payday and retirement.

I can see him getting sparked out. Here's Mayweather's chance to prove he still got that KO power.

I used to have some respect for Amir Khan but I'm tired of him. He hasn't pulled himself up since the Garcia fight. Like a lot of us fans he underestimated the kid. When he was with Roach he was stacking up that resume and now he's just thinning it out.

I want him to man up or GTFO of the sport.

Asshole.

This post has been edited by Amandla: Sep 28 2013, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 28 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 07:39 PM) *
You weren't the only one on here against the Guerrero fight, Professor was one of few who was into that fight. But what I will say is at least Guerrero fought and beat 2 welterweights. Khan does have a better resume but at lower weight classes and he does have a name. But this is a what have you done for me lately thing...what has Amir done recently to warrant that fight? you can make the case for Ortiz when he beat Berto in a FOTY candidate and won a belt, you can make the case for Guerrero because he beat 2 solid fighters at 147 before he challenged Floyd, you could make the case for Canelo even because he technically beat Trout by decision. Where the case for Amir? Resume? It's plenty of that out there, if we going by that then that only proves why Danny should fight Floyd before Amir

Solid welterweights? Aydin is a one handed hype job and berto hasn't had a significant win in years. Point blank guerrero didn't deserve the fight he talked his way into it and khan doesn't deserve it either.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Sep 28 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I think Khan needs to fight Alexander after his last few fights. Khan does have some solid wins (Paulie, dominating Judah, Maidana) and the controversial loss to Perterson is up there as well. With that being said, he got KO'd by Garcia and looked sloppy in his last fight. Alexander is a good opponent and a win over him adds to the resume.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 04:44 PM